CA - Hannah,16,Devonte,15,&Ciera Hart,12 (fnd deceased),Mendocino Cty,26 Mar 2018 #6

Status
Not open for further replies.

cybervampira

Reaction score
Search for 3 children underway in Mendocino crash that killed 5 family members from Washington

Authorities are searching along a remote stretch of the northern Mendocino Coast for three children who are feared missing after a crash earlier this week killed their two mothers and three siblings.
211db9335452089e6bf9655d1f8711be.jpg

Jennifer Jean Hart (fifth from left), Sarah Margaret Hart (far right) and their six children at a Bernie Sanders rally in Portland, Oregon, Friday, March 25, 206. (Photo via KATU)

[...]

Jennifer Jean Hart and Sarah Margaret Hart, both 38 and married, and their six adopted children were from Woodland, Washington, across the Oregon border from Portland.

The Mendocino County Coroner’s Office early Wednesday afternoon identified the children as Markis Hart, 19, Jeremiah Hart, 14, and Abigail Hart, 14.

Still missing are Devonte Hart, 15, Hannah Hart, 16, and Sierra Hart, 12, according to officials.

A receptionist at the Cowlitz County office for the Washington State Department of Social and Health Services confirmed Child Protective Services has an open case filed against a 38-year-old Jennifer Hart, of Woodland. A first check‑in date for the case was listed as Friday, she said. No other information was available about the case.

A sheriff’s spokesman from neighboring Clark County in Washington said that child protective services officials had visited the home Friday but no one had answered, The Oregonian reported Wednesday.

The three deceased children were found Monday down the cliffs off Highway 1, where they were thrown from the family GMC Yukon SUV. The two women were found in the vehicle, which was overturned at the base of the cliff and partially submerged in the surf.

Three other children were considered missing and were the focus of a large search that started Tuesday. On Wednesday, it included ground and air resources, according to the Mendocino County Sheriff’s Office.

The water is too rough for divers, who were on hold until conditions improve, said Mendocino County sheriff’s Lt. Shannon Barney.

“I have three outstanding, unaccounted for,” Barney said. “We have checked their home residence and they are not there. They may be with friends or relatives,” but he said they have no information to confirm that case.

[...]

The vehicle was traveling on Highway 1 north of Westport when driver Jennifer Hart pulled into a dirt turnout, and for reasons unknown the Yukon careened over a 100-foot cliff, according to the CHP. It’s unclear when the crash occurred and some time could have passed before the wreckage was spotted by a passerby around 3:39 p.m. Monday, the CHP said.

The mothers were wearing seat belts but the children were not, officials said.

An hourslong recovery continued past dark and drew multiple agencies to the remote scene around 20 miles north of Fort Bragg.

Firefighters rappelled down the cliff to reach the partially submerged car, said CHP Officer Brian Henderson on Monday, who is part of a helicopter crew from the agency’s Northern Division Air Operations base in Redding that participated in the recovery.

Article: http://www.pressdemocrat.com/news/8163127-181/chp-names-2-adults-in

Thread #1
Thread #2
Thread #3
Thread #4
Thread #5

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2018-03-28 at 5.49.02 PM.jpg
    Screen Shot 2018-03-28 at 5.49.02 PM.jpg
    146.8 KB · Views: 112
  • Screen Shot 2018-03-28 at 5.49.16 PM.jpg
    Screen Shot 2018-03-28 at 5.49.16 PM.jpg
    80.5 KB · Views: 104
http://www.kgw.com/article/news/loc...r-parents-siblings-die-in-crash/283-532846123

Devonte Hart is the boy who was pictured hugging a police officer during a Ferguson-related rally in Portland, OR in 2014. (That's Jennifer Hart in the background in the red coat).

cache.php

"The Clark County Sheriff's Office said Child Protective Services visited the Harts' home on Friday, March 23. CPS had received report that the children were not being fed.

Jennifer Hart was driving the SUV into a dirt turnout area and continued for unknown reasons off the cliff, according to the California Highway Patrol. The cause of the crash is under investigation. Drugs or alcohol are not believed to be factors."

Has anyone been able to find pics of the turnout area? I just... just hope it wasn't intentional... (ugh sorry to go there).

I'm very concerned about Hannah, Devonte and Sierra... surely two days later they'd have come forward if they were elsewhere?
:(

Sheriff says Hart family crash wasn't an accident: 'I'm calling it a crime'

On Wednesday, the sheriff’s office conducted an extensive search along the coast and Pacific to locate the three missing Hart children. But, the 74 volunteers and 10 law enforcement personnel were unable to locate Devonte Hart, Hannah Hart and Sierra Hart.

Weather is preventing the search from continuing on the ocean over the next few days.

On Thursday, the Mendocino County Sheriff’s Office issued a correction to a previous release that said Jennifer and Sarah Hart were wearing seat belts during the crash. The two parents were not wearing seat belts at the time of the crash.

911 caller reported Hart family's child jumped out of house window and begged for help

About four months before the fatal crash, a man made a 911 call regarding the family, detailing one of the children's attempts to get help. The 911 call was released for the first time Wednesday by the Clark County Regional Emergency Services Agency in Washington.

"There's some kids that I feel is being highly abused," the man told dispatch in November.

He reported a disturbing event in which one of the kids came to his daughter's house -- who had lived next door to the Harts -- begging for help around 2 a.m.

MOD NOTE - PLEASE READ

Sleuthing the biological family members of the Hart children is limited to what the family members may have said in MSM. You may discuss statements they may have made to the media, but you must provide links. Do NOT sleuth their social media and bring it here. Do NOT sleuth the biological family members' past criminal records and bring it here. They are also victims of this horrific tragedy. We are not going to participate in re-victimizing people who did not murder the Hart children.

Jennifer and Sarah Hart are the perpetrators in this case. They abused and murdered their children. Once they adopted those children, they became the parents. Sleuth those two women and focus on them. Jennifer and Sarah Hart are NOT victims.

If you have any questions, please contact a moderator and we will be happy to help.

Drunk, drugged and possibly on the run: The Hart family’s final days
http://wtvr.com/2018/04/15/drunk-drugged-and-possibly-on-the-run-the-hart-familys-final-days/
Three children remain missing and so many questions persist in the mystery of how the Hart family’s SUV ended up at the bottom of a 100-foot Mendocino, County, California, cliff.

The few details that have emerged paint what appear to be dark months, and perhaps years, for Jennifer and Sarah Hart’s six adopted children, who repeatedly accused their mothers of abuse, according to reports from neighbors and a social worker.

The home-schooled kids complained specifically of being denied food and of racist behavior, according to a case report. Jennifer and Sarah Hart were white. Their children were black.

In their final days, the family members left their home in Woodland, Washington, and headed south. Little is known of their seemingly hasty departure — or of the following days — but the latest details speak to a possibly disturbing demise for the children.

[...]

Not sure if this was posted already, but Sierra Hart's remains have been identified.

RIP Sierra [emoji174]

The coroner’s office said Tuesday that DNA analysis confirmed the body was that of 12-year-old Ciera Hart.

https://nydn.us/2qHc7Fs

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

kizzykat, I can't reply directly to your previous post because the thread was closed, but thank you for sharing your experience in CPS. The cases I mentioned as having personal involvement with were all in GA except one in SC. Justina Pelletier was in MA, Sammy Nikolaev in CA, and the Stanley family in AR.

I'm a mandated reporter and I've never received training on how to avoid further traumatizing a child. The main gist of the training was "don't molest or abuse, here's how to recognize signs of molestation or abuse, always call CPS if you have even the slightest reason to suspect something."

I wish all CPS workers were as well-trained and careful as you, and I wish all frivolous and abusive uses of the system were gone so that children like you were trying to save could have been saved. I will not lose that young man from my heart and prayers. What a tragedy!

Thanks LeighB but it wasn't me. (My last long post was about them traveling possibly traveling with gas can(s) and not needing to stop for gas.)
I'd acknowledge the member you're referring to but I'm not sure who that is. ;)

Not sure if it's been already posted here, but these are the missing children posters published by FBI with their full names and dates of birth:
Tweet: https://twitter.com/FBIMostWanted/status/985986719924109312
Site:
Hannah Jean Hart D0B: February 25, 2002
https://www.fbi.gov/wanted/kidnap/hannah-jean-hart/person-view
Devonte Jordan Hart: October 24, 2002
https://www.fbi.gov/wanted/kidnap/devonte-jordan-hart/person-view
Sierra Maija Hart: April 20, 2005 (Cierra Rose)
https://www.fbi.gov/wanted/kidnap/sierra-maija-hart
They asked for info from anyone who has any knowledge of the whereabouts..., including sightings prior to the 'traffic accident.',.... in these locations/ sites the family might have visited/ travelled by:
Ten Mile Beach in Westport, California, near Fort Bragg, California

Russian Gulch south of Fort Bragg, California

MacKerricher State Park in Mendocino County, California

Surfwood Campground in Mendocino County, California

Pinewood Campground in Mendocino County, California

Cleone Campground in Mendocino County, California

I noticed that there is no mention of estimated weight and height. Earlier estimates seemed incredibly low, iirc for Devonte 90 pound. I read that on other missing posters upthread but have no link at hand, anyone remembers it also?
I should like to verify it, because:
We know a young woman (19 years old) who is recently diagnosed with anorexia. She is 1 meter 75 tall and weighs 45 kilo’s. The doctors told her she is near death, she is in the hospital and in denial, she will be committed into care with psychiater in specialized clinic.
Very sad and I hope for the best for her. SO sad if it is really true that the Hart children were severely undernourished, even starving, literally half dead with hunger.

kizzykat, I can't reply directly to your previous post because the thread was closed, but thank you for sharing your experience in CPS. The cases I mentioned as having personal involvement with were all in GA except one in SC. Justina Pelletier was in MA, Sammy Nikolaev in CA, and the Stanley family in AR.

I'm a mandated reporter and I've never received training on how to avoid further traumatizing a child. The main gist of the training was "don't molest or abuse, here's how to recognize signs of molestation or abuse, always call CPS if you have even the slightest reason to suspect something."

I wish all CPS workers were as well-trained and careful as you, and I wish all frivolous and abusive uses of the system were gone so that children like you were trying to save could have been saved. I will not lose that young man from my heart and prayers. What a tragedy!

I believe it's myself you were talking to since you referenced the young man. MA is often ahead in many of it's programs and we extensively focus on mental health, we even began the CBHI which increased mental health care by mandating agencies that would come to the house and do visits there. I know that states differ in their handling and I really do wish that there was nationwide minimal standards to follow. All mandated reporters, teachers (myself now), daycare worker, doctors, firefighters (my husband) etc are required to complete online mandated reporter training once a year. Those who work directly with children are required to have further training and a ton of sensitivity training. And most importantly, EVERYTHING must be documented. If I went to a home and a family missed an appointment it was documented. Two in a row was a call to their SW and a surprise visit, three in a row called for a new family plan and a review of our policies with a signed agreement from the family. Our main goal was reunification by 90 days after our first involvement. All of this began after our first Step Up to Child Abuse Awareness event, a ceremony at the statehouse my husband and I were not only invited to but asked to speak at to encourage free parenting programs for new parents, especially those at risk of committing child abuse.
Of course this doesn't mean kids don't slip through the cracks. We had Bella Bond, Jeremiah Oliver, Avelena Conway and a host of others. The biggest thing is we are working very hard to change things.

Just thinking here: Why would the Hart's reject a meeting with the officer in the photo (as well as the photographer?) They seemed to always be putting their children "front and center", taking them to very public places/situations, and photographing them, then putting these photos online. They were incessantly photographing them, it would seem. So, privacy doesn't seem to be an issue.

Now, JH stated that there were many negative reactions to the photo but, how would this affect having a private meeting with either the photographer or the officer?

Here is a thought, which just struck me. Maybe the fact that the white officer gave a wonderful, generous hug and smile to Devonte didn't fit the image the Hart's liked to convey, which someone touched on earlier: Generous white couple adopt poor, drug addicted/affected, disadvantaged, etc., children and aren't they so wonderful for doing so? The hug with the white officer took a little of this heroism/wonderfulness away from Jen (and Sarah?) in her eyes. Everything about that photo they viewed as "taking away" from them, so didn't want to have anything to do with any of it -the photographer, officer- anything/one.

Any thoughts here?

Thanks LeighB but it wasn't me. (My last long post was about them traveling possibly traveling with gas can(s) and not needing to stop for gas.)
I'd acknowledge the member you're referring to but I'm not sure who that is. ;)

Sorry about the confusion; I must have glanced at the wrong username before switching threads.

Just thinking here: Why would the Hart's reject a meeting with the officer in the photo (as well as the photographer?) They seemed to always be putting their children "front and center", taking them to very public places/situations, and photographing them, then putting these photos online. They were incessantly photographing them, it would seem. So, privacy doesn't seem to be an issue.

Now, JH stated that there were many negative reactions to the photo but, how would this affect having a private meeting with either the photographer or the officer?

Here is a thought, which just struck me. Maybe the fact that the white officer gave a wonderful, generous hug and smile to Devonte didn't fit the image the Hart's liked to convey, which someone touched on earlier: Generous white couple adopt poor, drug addicted/affected, disadvantaged, etc., children and aren't they so wonderful for doing so? The hug with the white officer took a little of this heroism/wonderfulness away from Jen (and Sarah?) in her eyes. Everything about that photo they viewed as "taking away" from them, so didn't want to have anything to do with any of it -the photographer, officer- anything/one.

Any thoughts here?

Remember this thought:

In abusive/neglective families there is the "Public Face" and then there's the "Private Face".

Parents who abuse or neglect their children are extremely careful to not expose their 'private at home lives' to

the outside world. their children are not allowed to have friends/playmates come into the home for fear the parents'

cruel treatment will be exposed. They have secrets, usually BIG secrets.

I speak from experience. Even the parents act differently in public. The whole world thinks the parents are like

paragons of virtue, can do no wrong. Meanwhile the kids know this is an act. The kids hardly recognize the faces

the parents put on in public, cause this sure isn't the mean, abusive parent they know at home. This is common.

Not unusual at all, IME, that the outside public friends think JH and SH are just so 'special' and would never commit

such sins. It's just the way these families operate. I've seen it and lived it.

I just wanted to clarify the mathematics here. I am still catching up a few pages back, so my apologies if this has been covered, but I've seen a couple of answers, none of which was completely correct. This is regarding the probability that the two missing would be the same two who had reached out for help. I teach this kind of finite mathematics at University, but I'm not verified in that regard on this website, so not sure whether I'm allowed to claim that expertise or not.

If you have 8 people, there are 28 different pairs you can make, assuming the order doesn't matter. (In other words, the pair of Devonte and Hannah is the same as the pair of Hannah and Devonte.) If there were 8 bodies in the car, and 2 of them were not found, the chances of those 2 being Devonte and Hannah are 1/28, or about 3.6%.

If you're considering the children only, so 6 people total, the chances are 1/15 or about 6.7% of those being the missing two. So the chance of it being those two specifically who are missing is low, but not so low that it couldn't conceivably happen by coincidence.

Any thoughts here?

I don't think it took away their heroism but it took away that moment which they thought was theirs.

I think the hug was just what they were after but once the picture was taken and published by someone else it was out of their control. Same thing if they met with the officer. It would be out of their control and they wouldn't have anything to gain for it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
branditau.wareham72@gmail