IL IL - Kimberly Shanders, 27, Carpentersville, 24 Apr 1987

Gardener1850

Timeline Guru (Still Remembering Cupcake)
Reaction score
[h=2]Kimberly M Shanders[/h]Kane County, Illinois
27 year old white female

Height (inches)61.0 to 62.0
Weight (pounds)110.0 to 115.0

Brown Hair
Brown Eyes
Wore glasses

Ears pierced

Unknown circumstances of her disappearance

Dental information / charting is available and will be entered later

DNA Status: Sample is currently not available

Fingerprint information is currently not available

https://www.findthemissing.org/en/cases/39134/

Northwest Herald - May 29, 1987

Northwest Herald - March 30, 1990

Northwest Herald - March 30, 1990

If she was too trusting, probably a predator offered her a ride and then killed her

Thank you Coffee56! It's great to have a clearer picture of her. She doesn't have any DNA on file so if she has been found already it will not be an automatic match. A photo make a huge difference!
:yourock:

Hi Gardener1850. Is there any way that you could repost the articles you linked to? I am really interested in reading more about this case (my parents actually knew Kim growing up). I've tried looking for information a few times over the years but have struggled to find much online (until your post). It seems so strange to me that there is so little information out there about Kim and her disappearance. Thanks!

Hi Gardener1850. Is there any way that you could repost the articles you linked to? I am really interested in reading more about this case (my parents actually knew Kim growing up). I've tried looking for information a few times over the years but have struggled to find much online (until your post). It seems so strange to me that there is so little information out there about Kim and her disappearance. Thanks!

Sure, they came from NAMUS. I guess we lost the images with the move to this new site. NAMUS has also recently updated and changed all their links. Here is Kimberly's new NAMUS link (check images there): Missing Person Case

(I'll try to copy the article photos over here again in the next post but they might not get big enough to read with this new forum format)

BTW, welcome to Websleuths! Anything you can tell us about Kimberly from your mom's memory?

Last edited:
I came across this UID.. just wondering if it could be her.. the stats seem the same.. I was looking at the recon.. looks like her teeth except with a chip in the front one.. Unidentified Person Case

Original

Clipping from Northwest Herald - Newspapers.com

Thursday marks the five-month anniversary since Kim's disappearance. Donna bhanders said the past few days have been difficult. ,6Tve just been thinking about it too much," she said. Kim Shanders suffers from a mental disorder and her increasingly depressed attitude caused her doctor to speculate that she also suffers from a chemical imbalance. Donna Shanders has stayed in touch With Kim's doctor, hoping her daughter would contact him. ; She has not. "Kim Shanders has not cashed any of the traveller's checks she Kad with her when she left. She has also not drawn on her Social Security allowance, reinforcing-fier mother's fears, I "I think wnat police don't realise is Kim is different from other kids," Donna Shanders said. Kim would never have cut herself off from her family and home, her mother said. "She has this Barbara Man-drell jacket that she won. It really meant a lot to her, she loves Barbara Mandrell. She would never have left that jacket behind," she said. Police have placed information about Kim Shanders into LEADS, the national computer network for missing people. Police officials also circulated her description and photograph among Spring Hill Mall security personnel. After her disappearance, family members distributed flyers at area businesses hoping someone would see and recognize her. "There's nothing we can do I guess, but wait." Kim Shanders' birthday is next month.

Attachments

• 7A4C0067-BB87-4E65-A3F3-8B27CBADF096.jpeg
    7A4C0067-BB87-4E65-A3F3-8B27CBADF096.jpeg
    125.6 KB · Views: 8

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members