Found Safe MI - Crystal Louise Hawn, 27, Big Rapids, 7 Apr 2018

doodles1211

Reaction score
Officers with the Department of Public Safety say Crystal Louise Hawn, 27, was last seen in Big Rapids on April 7.She is described as being 5’2″ tall, about 150 lbs., and has brown hair and brown eyes.
Anyone with information should call the Big Rapids Department of Public Safety at 231-527-0005 or Meceola Central Dispatch at 231-796-4811.

http://fox17online.com/2018/04/18/woman-missing-from-big-rapids-since-april-7/

crystal-hawn-6f353e36b0621f15.jpg

http://www.mlive.com/news/grand-rapids/index.ssf/2018/04/police_search_for_missing_woma_3.html

https://www.facebook.com/brdps/phot...943715833940/2030570410304585/?type=3&theater

Date missing 7 April 2018... reported to mod that it was omitted on the header

I know we can't post FB info on the missing person or her family, but I was able to locate her boyfriends FB page through a comment on one of her photos taken during the Christmas holidays. He had posted her missing information on his timeline but had one detail on there that the original media reports did not. He stated she was seen by her roommates at the apartment housing where they all lived leaving with a duffel bag, and telling them she was going to do laundry. I looked up the apartments. There is no laundry on site so she would have had to go elsewhere. Maybe someone from the area that is familiar with what laundrymat is close to the 1100 block of Fuller Avenue could look into that. Perhaps they would have surveillance footage.

I know we can't post FB info on the missing person or her family, but I was able to locate her boyfriends FB page through a comment on one of her photos taken during the Christmas holidays. He had posted her missing information on his timeline but had one detail on there that the original media reports did not. He stated she was seen by her roommates at the apartment housing where they all lived leaving with a duffel bag, and telling them she was going to do laundry. I looked up the apartments. There is no laundry on site so she would have had to go elsewhere. Maybe someone from the area that is familiar with what laundrymat is close to the 1100 block of Fuller Avenue could look into that. Perhaps they would have surveillance footage.

I saw this too and found this info that you did. Hope she is found.

Interestingly he is also in jail now. I wonder why...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Tubs n tumbles is the closest laundromat. I am going to go tomorrow and double check but I am pretty sure they had video surveillance in there last time I dropped off some dry cleaning. I will also go double check that there isn’t a laundry facility right at the complex. It’s a college town most of the apartments have a laundry facility on site.

Umm... that’s bad. He was not in jail yesterday when I checked. My money is on obstruction of justice.

Good thing I am not a betting woman, I would be wrong. I called the jail and definitely not obstruction of justice. Can I post the bond information/ charges without giving his name?

Tubs n tumbles is the closest laundromat. I am going to go tomorrow and double check but I am pretty sure they had video surveillance in there last time I dropped off some dry cleaning. I will also go double check that there isn’t a laundry facility right at the complex. It’s a college town most of the apartments have a laundry facility on site.

Thank you! Her apartment is HUD, rent assist (rent based on income) so the "extras" are minimal. I didn't see any mention of laundry on their website, just WI FI and a children's play area.

Good thing I am not a betting woman, I would be wrong. I called the jail and definitely not obstruction of justice. Can I post the bond information/ charges without giving his name?

I found some charges for someone of that name, but not having his birthdate, can't be sure it is him from the court records. If you called, then you are getting better information than I found.

I found some charges for someone of that name, but not having his birthdate, can't be sure it is him from the court records. If you called, then you are getting better information than I found.

Yea I called. The number in vine link goes directly to the jail. He is actually being held on charges in Mecosta County as well as being held on separate charges for another county as well. Oddly enough the charges do not appear to be directly connected to Crystals disappearance. But judging by the bond amount, I am guessing it’s a stall tactic to keep him in.

Missing Big Rapids Woman Found Out of State

A missing Mecosta County woman was located in Indiana.
[...]
Now investigators say she was found safe in South Bend, Indiana.
She was found at an acquaintance’s home and she had been there for approximately three weeks.
Right now police say they are not sure if she was taken there against her will.
But she has been reunited with her family.
http://www.minews26.com/content/missing-big-rapids-woman-found-out-of-state/

So she has been staying with friends for three weeks?

I don’t understand with today’s SM, tv, press and phones. Someone goes off the radar for weeks and does not know people are looking for them!! It they are hurt or being held against their will then yes I get it. If not...SMH!!

Missing Big Rapids Woman Found Out of State

A missing Mecosta County woman was located in Indiana.
[...]
Now investigators say she was found safe in South Bend, Indiana.
She was found at an acquaintance’s home and she had been there for approximately three weeks.
Right now police say they are not sure if she was taken there against her will.
But she has been reunited with her family.
http://www.minews26.com/content/missing-big-rapids-woman-found-out-of-state/

What do they mean by they are not sure if she was taken against her will? Is that odd to anyone else?

Can't find the boyfriend info. But it does seem she only went to MI a few months ago. Hopefully she's ok, and just needed to go homed to family.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
okaydandy
Back