Swedish DJ Avicii dead at 28

MagnoliaMountain

Red Rose
Reaction score
http://people.com/music/swedish-deejay-avicii-dead-28/

Swedish deejay and producer Avicii — born Tim Bergling — died Friday in Muscat, Oman at 28 years old.

“It is with profound sorrow that we announce the loss of Tim Bergling, also known as Avicii,” his rep confirms to PEOPLE in a statement. “He was found dead in Muscat, Oman this Friday afternoon local time, April 20th.”

“The family is devastated and we ask everyone to please respect their need for privacy in this difficult time. No further statements will be given.”

A cause of death has not been released.

In early 2016, he announced his retirement from touring in a lengthy letter to fans on his website. Avicii suffered from ongoing health problems, including acute pancreatitis which caused him to have his gallbladder and appendix removed four years ago.

RIP.

We are so upset by this. He is a favorite in our family. My youngest loved him from birth. So sad.

Very sad, so young. He was a very talented artist ando a favorite in our home too.

[video=youtube;nyHMX8q0Hjk]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nyHMX8q0Hjk[/video]

Wow. I only knew him from his fabulous songs; had no idea he was so young. What a talent, and the topics he addressed in his songs showed a maturity I could relate to.

The song "Waiting for Love" makes me feel something new every time. "Where there's a will, there's a way, kinda beautiful. . . "In every lost soul, the bones of the miracle."

We are one of a kind irreplaceable
How did I get so blind and so cynical
If there's love in this life we're unstoppable
No, we can't be defeated

RIP, Tim Bergling.

It's fascinating how the music was produced, I guess it's the modern music business. Most of his songs were collaborations of various sorts, branded under his name. I remember being confused when Wake Me Up came out, how a Swedish DJ was getting credit for a song written and sung by an African American (Aloe Blanco, who got almost no credit). I do think he was more than a DJ, everything he mixed was created from scratch, he probably had the concepts, and brought the parts together.

I think he was presented as a DJ, because the music could never be performed live, there was just the one-off studio recording. And a lot of money is made from concerts, rather than sales. He didn't really need to attend dance parties for someone to play the songs, but having him there would guarantee a sell-out, partly because he looked young and cool.

But I get the impression he would have been much happier if he could have stayed home and just produced studio tracks, and not have to tour.

RIP, Tim Bergling.

It's fascinating how the music was produced, I guess it's the modern music business. Most of his songs were collaborations of various sorts, branded under his name. I remember being confused when Wake Me Up came out, how a Swedish DJ was getting credit for a song written and sung by an African American (Aloe Blanco, who got almost no credit). I do think he was more than a DJ, everything he mixed was created from scratch, he probably had the concepts, and brought the parts together.

I think he was presented as a DJ, because the music could never be performed live, there was just the one-off studio recording. And a lot of money is made from concerts, rather than sales. He didn't really need to attend dance parties for someone to play the songs, but having him there would guarantee a sell-out, partly because he looked young and cool.

But I get the impression he would have been much happier if he could have stayed home and just produced studio tracks, and not have to tour.

It’s not great for someone with a heavy drinking problem to work in clubs etc. I hope Tim is at peace now.

New Statement From Avicii’s Family Implies DJ Committed Suicide: ‘He Wanted To Find Peace’

The family of the late Avicii, real name Tim Bergling, released a second statement on Thursday which implies the DJ took his own life.

The latest statement obtained by ET Canada, translated from Swedish, reads: "Our beloved Tim was a seeker, a fragile artistic soul searching for answers to existential questions. An over-achieving perfectionist who travelled and worked hard at a pace that led to extreme stress."

RELATED: Family Issues Statement On Death Of Avicii

It continued, "When he stopped touring, he wanted to find a balance in life to be happy and be able to do what he loved most – music. He really struggled with thoughts about Meaning, Life, Happiness. He could not go on any longer."

"He wanted to find peace. Tim was not made for the business machine he found himself in; he was a sensitive guy who loved his fans but shunned the spotlight. Tim, you will forever be loved and sadly missed. The person you were and your music will keep your memory alive. We love you, Your family."

https://www.msn.com/en-ca/entertain...d-peace’/ar-AAwnN6S?li=AAadgLE&ocid=chromentp

This makes me so sad.....

Avicii 'died after cutting himself using broken wine bottle and bleeding to death' - while his family alluded to suicide in open letter saying 'he wanted peace'

Avicii took his own life and died due to massive blood loss, TMZ claims

His family penned a letter saying the DJ 'couldn't go on and wanted peace'

Tim 'Avicii' Bergling was found dead in Muscat, Oman, aged 28, on April 20

A family member rushed to Oman after a worrying phone conversation with the DJ but arrived two hours after the troubled star had taken his life

Swedish DJ retired from touring in 2016 after mental and physical health issues

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...-bleeding-death-report-say.html#ixzz5EG6hqEz0

It’s not great for someone with a heavy drinking problem to work in clubs etc. I hope Tim is at peace now.

It's a chicken/egg thing: I doubt he'd have had a drinking problem if he hadn't become a dj performer for thousands of people who were looking to him to energize them, that's the very worst thing for an introvert to do. It would deplete every ounce of energy he had. Even when he quit touring, I bet he had recording contracts and people continually breathing down his neck for more hits. To survive it, he probably would have had to be willing to fail, and go off and do something else, but I suspect that he, or his ego, wasn't willing to risk failing.

“Parties, the scene, leeches instead of friends … it was all too much for his sensitive soul,” continues the source. “He wanted to watch movies all night, not party all night. It’s like he didn’t know who he was without his career, but his career was killing him — literally.”
http://people.com/music/avicii-hated-being-celebrity-never-comfortable-spotlight/

It's a chicken/egg thing: I doubt he'd have had a drinking problem if he hadn't become a dj performer for thousands of people who were looking to him to energize them, that's the very worst thing for an introvert to do. It would deplete every ounce of energy he had. Even when he quit touring, I bet he had recording contracts and people continually breathing down his neck for more hits. To survive it, he probably would have had to be willing to fail, and go off and do something else, but I suspect that he, or his ego, wasn't willing to risk failing.

http://people.com/music/avicii-hated-being-celebrity-never-comfortable-spotlight/
I wouldn't necessarily say it's doubtful he'd have a drinking problem, had he not been famous; perhaps his notoriety and career greatly accelerated the process but I tend to think some people are more apt to turn to various vices to ease their anxiety.

Of course, there's no way to know now but it's safe to say the pressures of his career amplified any existing problems.

With that said, I'm not that familiar with his music or the genre, for that matter. I've have followed the story quite a bit after he passed and all of this is very reminiscent of Kurt Cobain in the 90s. Both classic introverts with some underlying personal issues, probably more so with Cobain but I'm sure both had issues, nonetheless.

Both seemed to absolutely hate fame, the music business and all the pressures that came with it. It's always sad to see things end this way.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mona Lisa
Back