Identified! NY - Lake George - Skeletal Remains,Bon Voyage Gym Bag, Apr2018 - Alexander Kuzmin

Gardener1850

Timeline Guru (Still Remembering Cupcake)
Reaction score
‘Suspicious’ human remains found near Lake George town hall
LAKE GEORGE | Human skeletal remains were found along with clothing and a gym bag Friday morning in the woods near the Lake George Town Hall.

State police, who were investigating for hours afterwards, said they were “suspicious” of the discovery.

Lake George resident Nancy Jeffts discovered the remains as she was walking her dog along the Niagara Mohawk right-of-way near the Adirondack Northway Exit 22 spur, about 130 yards behind the town hall, property co-owner John Root said.

Jeffts contacted town officials, who called Root, a village trustee, and he went to the scene soon afterwards, Root said.
Jeffts lead him to the scene, and they saw a pelvic bone with a hip socket, a thigh bone and vertebrae. More skeletal remains were discovered inside a hoodie partially covered in leaves, Root added.

Beside the remains were a weathered athletic shoes and a gym bag emblazoned with the slogan “Bon Voyage.”
IMG_3205.JPG
IMG_3204.JPG

IMG_3201.JPG

IMG_3200.JPG

Read more: http://www.suncommunitynews.com/art...man-remains-found-near-lake-george-town-hall/

LAKE GEORGE — A woman walking in woods off Parrotts Pond Drive discovered skeletal remains on Friday afternoon, and police are trying to determine who the person was and how they died.

What appeared to be human bones were found scattered around 100 yards or so between a small housing development and the Northway, according to State Police.

Troopers found identification in the area that belonged to a New York City man who was reported missing in that city in 2012, but they are awaiting an autopsy to be performed Monday at Albany Medical Center that they hope will lead to identification.

Investigators also hope the autopsy will also help determine the manner of death and cause of death, said State Police Investigator James West.
Police said there was no evidence to indicate what caused the death, but there were no initial signs of foul play. No weapons were found nearby, or obvious injuries noticed on the remains.

“At this point, we don’t know how the person died,” West said.

It was unclear what ties the person had to Lake George. There had been no discovery of a vehicle connected to him in the Lake George area over the years.

State Police would not elaborate on the circumstances of how the person came to be reported missing, but they had been in contact with New York City police late Friday.

Investigators from the State Police Bureau of Criminal Investigation and Forensic Identification Unit remained on scene into the evening, checking the area for potential evidence and mapping where the bones were located.
http://poststar.com/news/local/poli...cle_c9cba803-deaa-5cfa-b84c-3ba74a88c42d.html

LAKE GEORGE, N.Y. (NEWS10) - New York State Police are investigating a set of human remains found in a wooded area near the Town Hall in Lake George.

Police say there were no obvious signs of trauma but they have experts examining the remains right now to determine an ID and a cause of death.
A woman stumbled upon them as she was taking a walk down memory lane, Nancy Jefts knew her 93-year-old father was in his final days.
On Friday morning, she set out for a walk in the neighborhood where she grew up on Joques Farm Road in Lake George.
State Police are now investigating who the remains belong to and how long they've been there.

Police did find an ID nearby of a New York City resident but they are waiting for official DNA results.

Finding a cause of death could be tough because police say the remains have likely been there for years.
Police say it could be a few days maybe even a week before they get those DNA results.

Though there aren't any clear signs of foul play, police are not ruling anything out.
http://www.wwlp.com/world/human-remains-found-in-lake-george/1135957735

311866ac16abc032d9592a59c32f67c4.jpg

e7d65c2cce1af4e753b7af0ff743d7d8.jpg

I found these two missing from 2012... strange enough I had a hard time finding sites for missing persons in NYC....

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

An autopsy that was planned for Monday on human remains found in woods of Lake George late last week has been postponed until Tuesday.
State Police said there was no new information as to the identity of the person whose remains were found, but they believe the bones are those of a New York City man who was reported missing in New York City in May 2012.
Police said there were no initial indications that he had been a victim of a crime, and there was evidence of drug use among the belongings found near the remains.

https://poststar.com/news/local/aut...cle_7175c257-f91b-5b3b-927b-3f05edf84120.html

Well I think we can rule out Felix^ from my above post but Dennis Shepherd was reported missing in May of 2012.

Well I think we can rule out Felix^ from my above post but Dennis Shepherd was reported missing in May of 2012.

Dennis definitely sounds likely.

Sent from my SM-G935W8 using Tapatalk

Rest in Peace Alexander. I'm surprised I haven't seen anything about him being missing... NYC please get on this sort of stuff!

Mods, could we remove the pictures of his skeletal remains? That would be awful for the family to see that if they stumbled across this somehow. :(

I searched online for hours about missing persons in NYC and found pretty much zip. They do need to get a better system in place.

I wonder how many UIDs NYC has that they haven’t entered?

I wonder how many UIDs NYC has that they haven’t entered?

Exactly! Truly horrific that he was not entered into any data bases by LE.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AlternativeLuck
Back