Actor Verne Troyer has died aged 49

gregjrichards

Reaction score
Breaking News Verne Troyer has died

Verne Troyer -- best known for playing Mini-Me in the 'Austin Powers' comedies, and for being one of the shortest men in the world -- has died.

Verne died Saturday afternoon, according to a statement from his family.

We broke the story ... Troyer was taken to the hospital last week after cops got a report he was drunk and suicidal, and was treated for possible alcohol poisoning. Verne's struggled with alcoholism for years and been to rehab many times.

Troyer was born with the genetic disorder known as achondroplasia dwarfism, but said growing up on a farm in Michigan he was never treated differently by his parents than his average-sized siblings.

http://www.tmz.com

B034D7FC-9D02-4DF5-95EB-C644132E2492.jpeg

May Verne Troyer Rest In Peace.

http://people.com/movies/verne-troyer-dies-at-49/

“It is with great sadness and incredibly heavy hearts to write that Verne passed away today. Verne was an extremely caring individual. He wanted to make everyone smile, be happy, and laugh. Anybody in need, he would help to any extent possible,” his family confirmed in a statement shared on Instagram and Facebook Saturday.

No cause of death was revealed.

On April 2, Troyer, who was born with achondroplasia dwarfism which caused him to stop growing at 2’8″, was rushed to the hospital for a “reported poisoning.” The Los Angeles City Fire Department confirmed to PEOPLE that they were called to the actor’s North Hollywood home. Law enforcement sources told TMZ that Troyer was “extremely upset, drunk and suicidal.”

Actor Verne Troyer, who played 'Mini-Me' in 'Austin Powers' films, dead at 49
"He wanted to make everyone smile, be happy, and laugh," a statement posted to his Facebook page said.

LOS ANGELES — Verne Troyer, who played Dr. Evil's small, silent sidekick "Mini-Me" in the "Austin Powers" movie franchise, has died. He was 49.

A statement provided by Troyer's spokesperson that was also posted to his Instagram and Facebook accounts says the 49-year-old actor died Saturday.

No cause of death was given, but the statement describes Troyer as a "fighter" who was unable to overcome a recent bout of adversity then goes on to discuss depression and suicide...

https://www.nbcnews.com/pop-culture...ho-played-mini-me-austin-powers-films-n868121

Troyer, 49, was reported to be suffering from alcohol intoxication when he was admitted to a Los Angeles hospital on April 3. He died there on April 21.

“It was later determined Troyer died from sequelae of alcohol intoxication,” the coroner’s office said in a statement. “The manner of death was certified as a suicide.”

Sequelae is a term defining an action or condition leading to another ailment or, in this case, death.
Coroner: Verne Troyer death suicide by alcohol intoxication

“I’ve been hearing from some concerned fans, so I’d like to address a very personal situation,” Troyer wrote in the April 6 post. The 2-foot-8-inch Michigan native had amassed a loyal following after skyrocketing to international fame for his starring role in the “Austin Powers” film franchise, playing Mike Myers’s tiny clone sidekick, Mini-Me, in 1999 and 2002.

Almost exactly a year later, on April 21, Troyer diedfollowing reports that he had been hospitalized for alcohol abuse earlier that month. A statement shared by his family made references to the actor’s “battles,” as well as depression and suicide, but did not indicate a cause of death.

On Wednesday, Troyer’s death was declared a suicide by “sequelae of alcohol intoxication,” according to the Los Angeles County coroner’s office. (Sequelae refers to a condition that is the result of a previous disease or ailment.) Troyer, who was born with a rare form of dwarfism known as cartilage-hair hypoplasia, died of multiple organ failure at age 49.

He was active on Facebook, Instagram and Twitter, and even ran his own YouTube channel, which boasts more than 825,000 subscribers. On YouTube, fans can watch Troyerdrive around in a child-sized toy Tesla car (he got it for Christmas) or follow the actor as he cruises the aisles of a grocery store in his motorized wheelchair gathering ingredients for another episode of “Cooking With Verne.”
Verne Troyer, Mini-Me of ‘Austin Powers,’ fought a drinking addiction. His death was ruled a suicide by alcohol intoxication.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wdavewong
Back