CONVICTION OVERTURNED GA - Diane McIver, 63, Fatally Shot, Atlanta, 25 Sept 2016 *husband arrested* #2

caribou_birdie

Reaction score
(I am a new member so if this is in the wrong sub forum, let me know. Technically, it hasn't been ruled a "crime" at this point)

Weirdest thing I have heard in a long time.

http://www.cbs46.com/story/33275159...en-gun-went-off-killing-atlanta-businesswoman

"In the meantime, Tex McIver, as executor of his wife’s estate, is moving forward to settle her affairs and the estate sale, expected to bring thousands of dollars, is part of the process."
http://talktown.blog.myajc.com/2016...tate-sale-of-diane-mcivers-designer-wardrobe/

"Atlanta Police continue to investigate and have said little about the case."
http://www.ajc.com/news/local/autopsy-mciver-shooting-released/2xXYz7T9NJe52Eywc2DrPL/

http://www.ajc.com/news/local/autopsy-mciver-shooting-released/2xXYz7T9NJe52Eywc2DrPL/
Tex McIver’s attorney, Stephen Maples, has said the couple were being driven home to Buckhead from their other home in Putnam County on Sept. 25 when they pulled off I-85 onto Edgewood Avenue due to traffic. Tex McIver was sitting in the rear seat and his wife in the front passenger seat when they spotted some people milling about and pulled a gun from the center console of the SUV. Maples said homeless people have been known to hang out under the overpass there.

Here you go- you can watch the blond lady work again....:facepalm:

Tex McIver Trial Day 24 Part 1

[video=youtube;5D1n1CquWzY]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5D1n1CquWzY[/video]
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

5 things to know about Diane McIver

"After hearing from 78 witnesses who testified over 20 days, the jury in the murder trial of Tex McIver is deliberating....

Here are five things to know about her:..."

https://www.ajc.com/news/crime--law/things-know-about-diane-mciver/nql84yeOfdMCXMUz6zetYL/

721932554_photos.medleyphoto.11581635_1522073160533_11189648_ver1.0_640_360.jpg

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Can anyone post a link to those charges again...as I recall the lesser were wrapped into 1-4 and I tend to think some want NG on all and some want the lesser and I bet they agree on 5 as guilty. With this we may see a verdict early next week...however if one or more are still thinking Murder we could be hung as those one or two could be hard to move. There seems to be much volatility in the jury room as evidenced by the quick change in plans..the requests...whatever led to the "spicy" comment by the judge which pretty much has to be yelling or loud arguing since no one is in there. And one cannot totally dismiss the fact that this jury knows full well much of their city is interesting in this verdict and they have Team Corey (Diane) and Team Tex lined up in court every day...and the extraordinary thing is each of those "team" members' lives were once completely intertwined and all a big happy massage loving and ranch loving family. If I were Dani and Tex is on the street again which he will be no matter what...I would be afraid of him. He much be having extreme gun withdrawal.

Here you go turaj...

A list of charges filed against Tex McIver

https://www.ajc.com/news/charges-filed-against-tex-mciver/L6go5fvUWh5YDJwcVhG5CL/

Don't know if it means anything but juror 5 has been who speaks for the jury to the judge in court and to whom judge seems to address his questions...I get the impression he is the foreperson.

Niner's prediction above is interesting to me and is pretty much opposite to me...although as times go along I have to wonder. Based on the behavior on Fri. with first wanting to work longer and then changing their mind etc. I can see a verdict on Monday .

Don't know if it means anything but juror 5 has been who speaks for the jury to the judge in court and to whom judge seems to address his questions...I get the impression he is the foreperson.

Niner's prediction above is interesting to me and is pretty much opposite to me...although as times go along I have to wonder. Based on the behavior on Fri. with first wanting to work longer and then changing their mind etc. I can see a verdict on Monday .

Thanks for picking up on that, I think I missed it.

Interesting...5 has a masters in engineering...engineers are very methodical usually following directions to a 'T'. (I have lived with one for the past 35 years who also comes from a family of engineers...it can drive you crazy sometimes!)

I hope you are right about the verdict tomorrow!

Continue discussion here...Please let me know if there are any other posts you would like copied over from the previous thread.

Thanks for picking up on that, I think I missed it.

Interesting...5 has a masters in engineering...engineers are very methodical usually following directions to a 'T'. (I have lived with one for the past 35 years who also comes from a family of engineers...it can drive you crazy sometimes!)

I hope you are right about the verdict tomorrow!

Agree with an engineering leading the deliberations I am sure they are methodical. If you look at this jury they are a smart or least should be smart group. Not a group that will hang easily. If I had to take a case I think juror 10 is our juror 61. I took a look at all the female jurors and juror 10 "Single with three children, ages 20, 16, 13" and works/worked as CNA (certified nursing assst) which can be any hours. She has one the 20 year old that could be the pregnant daughter and two still needing supervision and maybe rides etc. Clearly from what I have heard from 61 she is over extended and thus the being late etc. and she could also be trying to work at night. Just some wild speculation but she is the only one that seemed to fit how I see 61. I think sad as it is State would really want her on after the BLM and "boy" references and not sure on the defense. I think we will hear from her after the trial. Another wild speculation is that I think she is our holdout for guilty on 1.

Okay just found this https://www.facebook.com/VinniePolitan11Alive/videos/2149290735348911

My suspicion that 61 is number 10 on the jury is confirmed. In the short clip of her being questioned during voir dire she speaks of her job as a caregiver. She also indicates she can be fair..she is "right in the middle". I am not sure if there were more questions or just picked based on that.

I can't overlook the correlation between Tex trying to set up a lift home for Dani Jo that morning and Tex trying to get Dani Jo to say she wasn't in the car after the shooting.

His reply to Diane when she said Tex what did you do or what have you done - "the gun discharged" is a typical response by devious and deceitful killers. Blaming the gun by not saying I discharged the gun, whether accidental or not, absolves one of any personal responsibility. Pretty quick off the mark to have said that without any rehearsal within seconds of shooting her.

I can't overlook the correlation between Tex trying to set up a lift home for Dani Jo that morning and Tex trying to get Dani Jo to say she wasn't in the car after the shooting.

His reply to Diane when she said Tex what did you do or what have you done - "the gun discharged" is a typical response by devious and deceitful killers. Blaming the gun by not saying I discharged the gun, whether accidental or not, absolves one of any personal responsibility. Pretty quick off the mark to have said that without any rehearsal within seconds of shooting her.

I will say even though I am leaning invol. man. you have good points...Tex asking Tanner and Sam to take Dani home is beyond strange....first time he has done it...and he had to know where these kids live...and then I thought well maybe the Golf etc. is much close to ATL but really is not out of the way to return to the Ranch. Dani had no idea he had done that. So one is left to think there was a different plan and he did not go as planned. Any reasonable murderer would have just taken that as a sign that today is not the day rather than do it in the car in front of her friend. Any also anyone that had accidentally shot anyone or their pet or anything would be somewhat panicked and his reaction was far from that...."be careful Dani for mothers with baby carriages" instead of calling 911 and moving as quick as possible to Grady.

An "Oscar Pistorius" type of response?

The other point that I can't get past is that he, as an experienced gun handler and very aware of safety, whether or not he knew the gun was cocked, would ever hold a gun with anyone being in the firing line at all, let alone inches in front. Especially in a moving car that could bump, brake or stall. I just don't believe he would.

The angles that bullet could have fired, up, down, left or right, and it fired in a steady trajectory right next to her heart. There was no wobble or scramble like a person jolted awake, he was already doing something purposeful with the bag when Dani Jo turned around.

Then not calling 911, not trying to find out where she was shot, not rushing, not stemming the bleeding, and then thinking about his excuses and lawyers and Dani Jo, while Diane was still alive.

I will say even though I am leaning invol. man. you have good points...Tex asking Tanner and Sam to take Dani home is beyond strange....first time he has done it...and he had to know where these kids live...and then I thought well maybe the Golf etc. is much close to ATL but really is not out of the way to return to the Ranch. Dani had no idea he had done that. So one is left to think there was a different plan and he did not go as planned. Any reasonable murderer would have just taken that as a sign that today is not the day rather than do it in the car in front of her friend. Any also anyone that had accidentally shot anyone or their pet or anything would be somewhat panicked and his reaction was far from that...."be careful Dani for mothers with baby carriages" instead of calling 911 and moving as quick as possible to Grady.
BBM love it!!

Yes! Agreed!

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Amberraff
Back