Wonderful News!!!

Jules

Former Member
Reaction score
Website
Visit site
Madonna Quits Acting

:woohoo: :woohoo: :woohoo:

Madonna has vowed never to star in another movie, because she fears her terrible acting reputation will condemn any film.
The pop superstar has worked on a string of notorious flops including Shanghai Surprise, Swept Away and Body of Evidence.

She explains, "What film can survive people saying it's going to be a bomb from the second it's announced?

"Making movies is such an effort.

"And to do that over and over again, with the possibility that I am going to get the (bleep) kicked out of me--and they really enjoy doing it--I mean, it doesn't make sense."

http://www.hollywood.com/news/detail/id/3483068

For the record, her making movies never made any sense to me either. :doh: :confused: :bang: :D

Jules said:
Madonna Quits Acting

:clap: :clap: :clap:

:woohoo: :woohoo: :woohoo:

Madonna has vowed never to star in another movie, because she fears her terrible acting reputation will condemn any film.
The pop superstar has worked on a string of notorious flops including Shanghai Surprise, Swept Away and Body of Evidence.

She explains, "What film can survive people saying it's going to be a bomb from the second it's announced?

"Making movies is such an effort.

"And to do that over and over again, with the possibility that I am going to get the (bleep) kicked out of me--and they really enjoy doing it--I mean, it doesn't make sense."

http://www.hollywood.com/news/detail/id/3483068

For the record, her making movies never made any sense to me either. :doh: :confused: :bang: :D
Didn't she have some success with Desperately Seeking Susan, and Evita. I don't think she is a good actress, but I thought she did have some success, lol. I mean after all she was a successful singer, and I don't think she is all that good at that either.

I tried watching Desperately Seeking Susan and couldn't finish it. She was just awful.

What was the one with Warren Beatty? That was awful too.

I didn't see Evita, but I know it didn't get the rave reviews she had been hoping for. She wanted that role sooooo bad and bugged everyone until she got it. She thought it would turn her career around. Didn't happen.

She needs to stick with singing... she obviously has a fan base for that.

Personally, I can't stand her. I think she's trash. JMO...

The movie I remember with Madonna was "Body of Evidence." William Dafoe was in it with her. So to speak. Very graphic stuff.

Eve

She was good in Evita - perfect for the very ambiguous role of Eva Peron. I love that movie, although it's hard to even recognize her in that role as Madonna. Antonio Banderas is good too. Just the right casting I guess.

It was interesting - apparently there was huge resistance to doing that movie in Argentina - Evita is a very controversial subject there - some think she was the most wonderful person ever, a saint, others think she was a horrible *advertiser censored* who used the country. They managed to make a movie that satisfied both sides, contained the ambiguity.

Without a doubt the stupidest and most annoying role she ever played was in "Who's That Girl"...this airheaded, flaky parolee. Awful, awful, awful. :hand:

englishleigh said:
Without a doubt the stupidest and most annoying role she ever played was in "Who's That Girl"...this airheaded, flaky parolee. Awful, awful, awful. :hand:
OMG, I totally forgot about that movie!! I think I liked it when I was a teen, but have only seen it that once and don't remember much of it.

I think she's very talented with music and should stick to what she's good at.

Details said:
She was good in Evita - perfect for the very ambiguous role of Eva Peron. I love that movie, although it's hard to even recognize her in that role as Madonna. Antonio Banderas is good too. Just the right casting I guess.

It was interesting - apparently there was huge resistance to doing that movie in Argentina - Evita is a very controversial subject there - some think she was the most wonderful person ever, a saint, others think she was a horrible *advertiser censored* who used the country. They managed to make a movie that satisfied both sides, contained the ambiguity.
I loved her in Evita! Antonio Banderas did a great job, too, and the music was great!

I do like her music, maybe she had better stick to that.. :D I saw her in concert years ago and she puts on a great show..

ohhhooooohhhooohh HELLO?!!

WHEN DID SHE START?
NOW SHE'S GOING TO RETIRE BEFORE I SEE HER ACT? :doh: :sick: :boohoo:

IdahoMom said:
I loved her in Evita! Antonio Banderas did a great job, too, and the music was great!
I love the "Oh, but it's sad when a love affair dies... which means #%#% #$%^^!!" - fun song, great montage that really does a good job summarizing the story.

I am not a big fan of Madonna, but I do have a CD of her Classic Greats that I LOVE and Evita is one of my favorite films. That one didn't get rave reviews because it was too high-brow for the typical Madonna fans and most movie-goers won't go to musicals -- too bad, they missed a great film. I was a big follower of the Evita theatrical production and was not expecting much from the film but Madonna and Antonio Banderas did an excellent job in the demanding acting, singing and dancing performances. Madonna was perfect as Evita.

This reminds me. I need to buy the DVD.

When I'm alone, I sing along to it. My cats love my singing.

But I found out awhile ago that they most love singing when it's horribly off key, so when they love my singing, I know what that means...

:dance: Hey Details i just realised your back :doh: .how did it all go with the moving ?

I am a fan of her singing but not her acting .not real keen on her latest album .

Still in progress. And bratlet is making me tired. But it's coming along - more detail in the Good Stress thread in the Private Forums area (so as not to hijack this thread).

Oh no! I just can't live without Madonna movies. NOT!!! I prefer her earlier music to what she's put out the last few years.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CarpSleuth
Back