OH - Pike County: 8 people from one family dead as police hunt for killer(s) #32

Status
Not open for further replies.

tlcya

Old and Re-Tired Websleuth
Reaction score
23-pike-county-mass-shooting.w529.h352.jpg

The gruesome slayings have rattled this southeast corner of Appalachian Ohio, a region that culturally identifies more closely with neighboring Kentucky and West Virginia than the state’s northern cities.

[...]

Adding to the shock was the discovery of hundreds of illegal marijuana plants on Rhoden’s property, highlighting the region’s dependency on the illegal drug trade as jobs in agriculture and timber have dried up.

Audio 911 Calls

PRESSER: APRIL 27, 2016

Video Interview with Attorney General DeWine Published 8-13-16

Minors: You may discuss what is covered in the main stream media regarding the custody of minor children. If posting snips from articles regarding the children please redact their names. These babes are innocents. One day they will google their names or those of their parents. And plenty will come up. Let's be respectful of them and the catastrophic loss they have suffered at such tender ages. Thanks.

DO NOT SLEUTH STILL LIVING FAMILY MEMBERS' FACEBOOK PAGES AND POST ABOUT IT HERE. Just don't mention it. Period.

Leave the politics, both national and local, at the door. There is no room for them here.

Try to keep your speculation broad as LE has named no suspect(s).

Rules Etiquette & Information

CASE NOTES (courtesy of cujenn81) this link contains locations, distance, victim info, relationships and more.

MEDIA LINKS NO DISCUSSION
CASE MAP (courtesy of K.L.Puyallup)
Preliminary Autopsy Reports
Final Autopsy Reports source article

Previous Thread #31

LATEST UPDATES

http://fox45now.com/news/local/inves...sacre-evidence

Investigators search Adams Co. farm for Pike Co. massacre evidence

ADAMS COUNTY, Ohio (WKRC) - Law enforcement officers are searching a farm in Adams County for evidence in the Pike County massacre. That farm is off of SR 32 near Peebles.

The case of the Pike County murders became more complex this week with investigators asking the public to focus attention on one family

DeWine hasn’t named suspects in the case. He has, however, asked the public to focus attention on four members of the Wagner family.

Investigators want more information about Edward “Jake” Wagner, 24, George Wagner IV, 25, George “Billy” Wagner III, 46, and Angela Wagner, 45. All are uncharged.

I found a link to the $500,000 amount:

"The marijuana grow operations found were not simply a few random plants in a field somewhere, the Columbus Dispatch reported from an interview with Pike County Prosecutor Rob Junk. He told Dispatch reporters at least one was indoors and there appeared to be several hundreds of plants.

“It wasn’t just somebody sitting pots in the window,” Junk told the Dispatch.

CBS This Morning reported the street value of the marijuana found is nearly $500,000."

https://www.wcpo.com/news/crime/4-possible-motives-in-pike-county-ohio-murders

Maybe the article is referring the earlier drug finds related to the Mexican cartel. It's worded weirdly. Could be interpreted either way in my opinion.

"PIKETON, Ohio -- No arrests have been made in the Ohio shooting investigation of eight execution-style killings of members of the Rhoden family in Pike County, Ohio.

Large-scale marijuana grow operations were discovered at three of the four murder scenes."

Even with that amount, I too find it hard to blame these murders on the marijuana. Maybe it was part of the reason? I just don't know...

Rhoden family massacre: 2 years later, no arrests, no motives

Pike County Prosecutor Rob Junk will only say that investigators remain focused on a former Peebles family of four who had ties to the Rhoden family but moved last year to Alaska.

He said authorities are focused on the Wagners in the investigation of the April 22, 2016 slayings. Two agents from the state’s Bureau of Criminal Investigation and a member of the Pike County Sheriff’s Office remain assigned to the case full-time and work out of an office in the county, Junk said.

"One of these days, if and when somebody is charged, there's a lot of things that would be public that can't be made public now. There are some things that could clear this up for you in about two seconds but I really can't say anything because the investigation is still going on," Junk said.

Bringing over Betty P's post from thread 31.
Originally Posted by rsd1200
There was nothing glowing or sentimental about that. I was stating facts. I believe that when LM speaks of "family", he's speaking of, at the very least, JW. They may be killers, but, they've obviously kept up a good front. They appear to be the type folks I'd likely not be rubbing elbows with, but, again, that's just my perception. The Rs and the Ms are more my style, but, I have nothing more on the Ws than the rest of you do. Which means, they are not even suspects, according to LE. They're only being looked at hard. I don't know why you think they were never friends with them. I'm not saying they ate Sunday dinner together, but their kids had a child together and the two had been together for almost five years. I have contact with my kids' inlaws, and while we don't hang out, or do dinners, or holidays, I would call them, "friend". If they murder me tomorrow, then I was obviously wrong about that.
quote_icon.png

They were in the midst of a custody battle over Hanna's daughter, S. They wanted to take her away from her mother and grandparents. That's not friendly.

If you're thinking more in terms of them being frenemies, I don't pick that up in the relationship, either. Hanna was moving on, didn't want to be in a relationship anymore with JW. That was a good thing, considering his having sex with her at age 14 could be considered statutory rape. She wasn't mature enough to consent to an adult sexual relationship. He was controlling and according to some reports, stalker-ish. It was a positive thing for Hanna that she was finally breaking free of his control of her life and that of his mother.

These people's lives had value and meaning, regardless of their poverty. They deserved to live, not die. They deserve respect in death, not to be regarded as if they were a bunch of people who couldn't tell their friends from their enemies or had no right to control their own lives and futures.

BBM

Betty, you just described the type of ex who kills his girlfriend who has moved on with someone else.

Picks a girlfriend who is too young and immature to stand up for herself. Too young to go against any decisions he might make for her. He is controlling. Stalker-ish. And when she finally grows up enough to stand up for herself and makes the decision to get away from him, he kills her. And if he is angry enough at her he kills her family too.

It has happened countless times all across the USA and other countries. It is on the news almost every day.

It has been my top theory the W's are in it up to their necks and the run to Alaska was to try to get away from LE questions courtesy of elder Wags.

On another note, anyone can hire a private investigator, they do not have to be family although LE probably would not co operate as fully with the PI as they would if he was hired by family. Or a PI could offer to work it pro bono. The PI could even loan LM a dollar to give back to the PI and thus be considered to be working for the family LM in particular. In that case LE would probably co operate with the PI in sharing some things since LE generally welcomes PI's as extra help in a case.

The PI does not legally have to disclose who he is working for and will not if his client asks him not to.​

Bringing over Betty P's post from thread 31.
Originally Posted by rsd1200
There was nothing glowing or sentimental about that. I was stating facts. I believe that when LM speaks of "family", he's speaking of, at the very least, JW. They may be killers, but, they've obviously kept up a good front. They appear to be the type folks I'd likely not be rubbing elbows with, but, again, that's just my perception. The Rs and the Ms are more my style, but, I have nothing more on the Ws than the rest of you do. Which means, they are not even suspects, according to LE. They're only being looked at hard. I don't know why you think they were never friends with them. I'm not saying they ate Sunday dinner together, but their kids had a child together and the two had been together for almost five years. I have contact with my kids' inlaws, and while we don't hang out, or do dinners, or holidays, I would call them, "friend". If they murder me tomorrow, then I was obviously wrong about that.
quote_icon.png

They were in the midst of a custody battle over Hanna's daughter, S. They wanted to take her away from her mother and grandparents. That's not friendly.

If you're thinking more in terms of them being frenemies, I don't pick that up in the relationship, either. Hanna was moving on, didn't want to be in a relationship anymore with JW. That was a good thing, considering his having sex with her at age 14 could be considered statutory rape. She wasn't mature enough to consent to an adult sexual relationship. He was controlling and according to some reports, stalker-ish. It was a positive thing for Hanna that she was finally breaking free of his control of her life and that of his mother.

These people's lives had value and meaning, regardless of their poverty. They deserved to live, not die. They deserve respect in death, not to be regarded as if they were a bunch of people who couldn't tell their friends from their enemies or had no right to control their own lives and futures.

BBM

Betty, you just described the type of ex who kills his girlfriend who has moved on with someone else.

Picks a girlfriend who is too young and immature to stand up for herself. Too young to go against any decisions he might make for her. He is controlling. Stalker-ish. And when she finally grows up enough to stand up for herself and makes the decision to get away from him, he kills her. And if he is angry enough at her he kills her family too.

It has happened countless times all across the USA and other countries. It is on the news almost every day.

It has been my top theory the W's are in it up to their necks and the run to Alaska was to try to get away from LE questions courtesy of elder Wags.

On another note, anyone can hire a private investigator, they do not have to be family although LE probably would not co operate as fully with the PI as they would if he was hired by family. Or a PI could offer to work it pro bono. The PI could even loan LM a dollar to give back to the PI and thus be considered to be working for the family LM in particular. In that case LE would probably co operate with the PI in sharing some things since LE generally welcomes PI's as extra help in a case.

The PI does not legally have to disclose who he is working for and will not if his client asks him not to.​

It doesn't seem likely that LE would cooperate with a PI in this case. They've already spent hundreds of thousands of dollars to keep the trailers locked up and to stop the news media from gaining access to unredacted autopsy reports. No way will they allow a PI or attorney to have access to case information without a legal fight.

That said, the families should pursue a civil suit against the W family to get access to the files and evidence. They should sue the W's for damages.

Just to re-iterate, since Raisin brought over the post above,
Post #1127, Thread 31

BettyP

rsd1200
BBM

I don't think that I have ever said, nor alluded to, any of that, nor have I, nor would I, disrespect this family. I lived this life. So I know a bit about poverty, and how things work when you are living in poverty. The Rs didn't seem to ask for anyone's pity, much like the rest of the region. They made do, but, I will say, that there's been many people who have been stolen from, sold out, and murdered, by their "friends", as well as their own blood, when they start dealing in anything illegal. You will rub elbows with folks who will appear to be one thing but they are not. To not realize that is naive. Someone seems to have appeared that way to the Rs, because they didn't seem to know it was coming.

With that said, it may very well be the Ws who murdered this family, I won't say they didn't but, with what I have in front of me, I can't say that they did. I apologize if that offends ya'll. Are they on my list of suspects? Yes. But I can't call them a suspect, according to WS's TOS, until LE has done so, therefore, I surely can't name them as murderers. I can only theorize.​

Just to re-iterate, since Raisin brought over the post above,
Post #1127, Thread 31

With that said, it may very well be the Ws who murdered this family, I won't say they didn't but, with what I have in front of me, I can't say that they did. I apologize if that offends ya'll. Are they on my list of suspects? Yes. But I can't call them a suspect, according to WS's TOS, until LE has done so, therefore, I surely can't name them as murderers. I can only theorize.

All any of us can do is theorize what happened. There has not been enough released to name anyone as the perpetrator(s). It could have been Martians from what Reader and DeWine have released...

All any of us can do is theorize what happened. There has not been enough released to name anyone as the perpetrator(s). It could have been Martians from what Reader and DeWine have released...

And I have mixed feelings on that. I am here, so, obviously, I want to know any little thing that gets released. On the other hand, if it is in any way going to jeopardize the case, then I'll wait for the trial. I think they do want to solve this at the local, and BCI, level, but the AG is going out, so although he'd likely be happy to see it solved, he's got more things on his mind (Governor).

I also keep track of the Missy Bevers case. She was murdered just a few days before the Rhodens. They released very little info in the beginning, and not much more, later on. Her husband did an interview, and doesn't seem to think they are any further, and that's one person, in one location, and they have video of the suspected attacker. I've noticed that LE has started keeping more info to themselves in several cases I've followed, lately.

Podcast interview with the Cincinnati Enquirer yesterday.

<iframe gesture="media" width="300" height="400" src="https://www.iheart.com/podcast/Eddie-Rocky-20799661/episode/eddie-and-rocky-42318-29233183/?embed=true" frameborder="0"></iframe>

If the link doesn’t work you can find it by googling 700 WLW and then going to the Eddy & Rocky tab under shows on the radio page. It links to iheart radio.

ETA-only less than the first 10 minutes is about the Rhoden/Gilley case. LM did tell the Enquirer he didn’t attend the balloon release on Sunday because last year when he attended, BCI agents snuck on his property and attached the GPS tracker to JM’s truck.

<iframe gesture="media" width="300" height="400" src="https://www.iheart.com/podcast/Eddie-Rocky-20799661/episode/eddie-and-rocky-42318-29233183/?embed=true" frameborder="0"></iframe>

If the link doesn&#8217;t work you can find it by googling 700 WLW and then going to the Eddy & Rocky tab under shows on the radio page. It links to iheart radio.

ETA-only less than the first 10 minutes is about the Rhoden/Gilley case. LM did tell the Enquirer he didn&#8217;t attend the balloon release on Sunday because last year when he attended, BCI agents snuck on his property and attached the GPS tracker to JM&#8217;s truck.

Thank you! Very interesting! They sound like they could be members from Websleuths discussing this case.

My sticking point is the custody issue only fits with the murders of DR, HMR, and CRjr, and even then, a jury panel could find the murders of even 3 people murdered not solid evidence of custody motive. As Betty has so graciously reminded us, there are other witnesses that have testified to the Grand Jury besides JM and that testimony is kept from public until the time of a trial. We only know about the fact he testified because that was his deal after destroying the tracking device. I expect that BJM has testified and the 2 people with her that morning have also testified. Dewine, per the podcast, says they have received over 1,000 tips involving the case, so there is probably a lot of information in those tips.

For me, Kenneth's death doesn't fit for the custody issue. Yes, it is possible, but proving it and getting a conviction are another matter. As RSD has stated, if the W's and R's were in business with the pot and other drugs (which if there were other drugs LE has definitely kept that fact under wraps quite well), maybe that is the motive for Kenneth's death.

The land, to me, appears to be a far bigger motive in the total of the case. It is a huge tract of land, 30 miles wide, if the CNN news report was correct. Perhaps the size of a small county.

It could be possible that someone close to the R's had a beef with them, knew about the custody friction between JW and HMR, and enlisted them to get inside information on the layouts of the trailers and information on the arrival of DR from work - which might explain the text between JW and JM. I can't see the W's giving 2 cents regarding the land. They have land or possibly will inherit land in the future.

I do find it strange that outwardly the W's seem to have been treated with kid gloves by LE. Then again, they say they have cooperated from the beginning, whereas at least one Manley, did not cooperate, and LE seems to have resorted to a bit of dirty pool to get his cooperation. And by LM's own admission, LE and the M's seemed to be at odds from prior to the murders. It's complicated. I think Dewine, Junk and Reader have a pretty good idea of what went down and why, but proving it and getting the evidence, circumstantial and/or physical, is the challenge in resolving these murders. JW said he had put the crib together for baby S, so I think his fingerprints at that crime scene would not be evidence he was involved with DR's, HMR's and CRjr's murders. LE really needs the murder weapons in my opinion, and I think that ship sailed 2 years ago.

If the link doesn&#8217;t work you can find it by googling 700 WLW and then going to the Eddy & Rocky tab under shows on the radio page. It links to iheart radio.

ETA-only less than the first 10 minutes is about the Rhoden/Gilley case. LM did tell the Enquirer he didn&#8217;t attend the balloon release on Sunday because last year when he attended, BCI agents snuck on his property and attached the GPS tracker to JM&#8217;s truck.

Darn, I was looking forward to listening to it, but it requires that you sign up and create an account, etc. I don't want to do that just to listen to one podcast.

Can you give us a summary? TIA

ETA: I signed in anyway. Bob Stickley from Cincinnati Enquirer is on. He interviewed Rob Junk. No Mexican cartels, but Strickley still believes it was a professional hit, just more local. Family is frustrated. PCSO didn't want discovery in JM case, so dropped the charges.

Suspicious of W's leaving the area. Not people of interest or suspect, but undefined. Moved trailers to pole barn. Second time, chain of custody. Prosecutor says its not a problem. Stickley says there were trail cameras, rumor but can't confirm.

Mood in town - there really is no town. Very spread out. Neighbors don't want to talk to anybody. Don't want to get involved. Reader told people to arm themselves, so people don't trust anyone. Prosecutor said they're moving along. Have some material. Don't know what. DeWine says he's being careful to collect info before he makes a move. (but it's been over 2 years).

DJ says we're back to square 1. Nothing leaked, no information. May be a professional, then.

ETA: I feel some relief that Bob Strickley from Cincinnati Enquirer agrees the killings were likely done by professionals. It explains why there have been no leaks, no one confessing to friends, acquaintances, no one squealing on them, etc.

JMO, the people who did the killings are not known to local LE. They don't live in the area, don't have friends or family in the area and have never interacted with local LE or the local criminal justice system. They've never had reason to be on LE's radar.

Thank you! Very interesting! They sound like they could be members from Websleuths discussing this case.

My sticking point is the custody issue only fits with the murders of DR, HMR, and CRjr, and even then, a jury panel could find the murders of even 3 people murdered not solid evidence of custody motive. As Betty has so graciously reminded us, there are other witnesses that have testified to the Grand Jury besides JM and that testimony is kept from public until the time of a trial. We only know about the fact he testified because that was his deal after destroying the tracking device. I expect that BJM has testified and the 2 people with her that morning have also testified. Dewine, per the podcast, says they have received over 1,000 tips involving the case, so there is probably a lot of information in those tips.

For me, Kenneth's death doesn't fit for the custody issue. Yes, it is possible, but proving it and getting a conviction are another matter. As RSD has stated, if the W's and R's were in business with the pot and other drugs (which if there were other drugs LE has definitely kept that fact under wraps quite well), maybe that is the motive for Kenneth's death.

The land, to me, appears to be a far bigger motive in the total of the case. It is a huge tract of land, 30 miles wide, if the CNN news report was correct. Perhaps the size of a small county.

It could be possible that someone close to the R's had a beef with them, knew about the custody friction between JW and HMR, and enlisted them to get inside information on the layouts of the trailers and information on the arrival of DR from work - which might explain the text between JW and JM. I can't see the W's giving 2 cents regarding the land. They have land or possibly will inherit land in the future.

I do find it strange that outwardly the W's seem to have been treated with kid gloves by LE. Then again, they say they have cooperated from the beginning, whereas at least one Manley, did not cooperate, and LE seems to have resorted to a bit of dirty pool to get his cooperation. And by LM's own admission, LE and the M's seemed to be at odds from prior to the murders. It's complicated. I think Dewine, Junk and Reader have a pretty good idea of what went down and why, but proving it and getting the evidence, circumstantial and/or physical, is the challenge in resolving these murders. JW said he had put the crib together for baby S, so I think his fingerprints at that crime scene would not be evidence he was involved with DR's, HMR's and CRjr's murders. LE really needs the murder weapons in my opinion, and I think that ship sailed 2 years ago.

Agree. If the killers were pros, LE never stood a chance of getting the murder weapons. They would have been well and permanently disposed of immediately after the crimes. Agree, there has to be a nexus somehow between the Rhodens and W's and some kind of criminal activity. The custody alone wouldn't have been enough for someone to call in professional killers. As other LE here at WS said, something was happening (possibly the escalating war between the families over custody) that was escalating problems and threatening illegal activities down there. JMO, someone was threatening to expose something, to talk to LE. The killings were a message to stifle those disruptions and threaten anyone else left alive. It would explain the W's selling off and heading to AK. Maybe the heat was coming down on them from LE and someone suggested they get out of town or face the same fate as the Rhodens. I also agree, Bootsctr, that someone enlisted the W family to help with surveillance and providing the inside info to set up the murders.

There are probably few people,if any, left in the area who know much about the killings. Killers didn't bother using locals for that reason, they didn't want anyone left behind that police could arrest and turn to get details. I'm not sure about acquisition of real estate being a big motive to the killers. Why would the killers want it? For isolated areas to grow MJ or engage in other illegal activities? There's a lot of real estate available in the area if they wanted to purchase it. A quick search of Zillow down there shows large tracts of land for sale all over the place. What am I missing?

Agree. If the killers were pros, LE never stood a chance of getting the murder weapons. They would have been well and permanently disposed of immediately after the crimes. Agree, there has to be a nexus somehow between the Rhodens and W's and some kind of criminal activity. The custody alone wouldn't have been enough for someone to call in professional killers. As other LE here at WS said, something was happening (possibly the escalating war between the families over custody) that was escalating problems and threatening illegal activities down there. JMO, someone was threatening to expose something, to talk to LE. The killings were a message to stifle those disruptions and threaten anyone else left alive. It would explain the W's selling off and heading to AK. Maybe the heat was coming down on them from LE and someone suggested they get out of town or face the same fate as the Rhodens. I also agree, Bootsctr, that someone enlisted the W family to help with surveillance and providing the inside info to set up the murders.

There are probably few people,if any, left in the area who know much about the killings. Killers didn't bother using locals for that reason, they didn't want anyone left behind that police could arrest and turn to get details. I'm not sure about acquisition of real estate being a big motive to the killers. Why would the killers want it? For isolated areas to grow MJ or engage in other illegal activities? There's a lot of real estate available in the area if they wanted to purchase it. A quick search of Zillow down there shows large tracts of land for sale all over the place. What am I missing?

You're not missing anything Betty P. I just think a good defense attorney would be able to point other directions a killer could have come from other than custody and drugs. You're right in that the land probably doesn't factor in at all. We only have a few pieces of a big puzzle. I think there will be arrests, but not in the near future.

Darn, I was looking forward to listening to it, but it requires that you sign up and create an account, etc. I don't want to do that just to listen to one podcast.

Can you give us a summary? TIA

ETA: I signed in anyway. Bob Stickley from Cincinnati Enquirer is on. He interviewed Rob Junk. No Mexican cartels, but Strickley still believes it was a professional hit, just more local. Family is frustrated. PCSO didn't want discovery in JM case, so dropped the charges.

Suspicious of W's leaving the area. Not people of interest or suspect, but undefined. Moved trailers to pole barn. Second time, chain of custody. Prosecutor says its not a problem. Stickley says there were trail cameras, rumor but can't confirm.

Mood in town - there really is no town. Very spread out. Neighbors don't want to talk to anybody. Don't want to get involved. Reader told people to arm themselves, so people don't trust anyone. Prosecutor said they're moving along. Have some material. Don't know what. DeWine says he's being careful to collect info before he makes a move. (but it's been over 2 years).

DJ says we're back to square 1. Nothing leaked, no information. May be a professional, then.

ETA: I feel some relief that Bob Strickley from Cincinnati Enquirer agrees the killings were likely done by professionals. It explains why there have been no leaks, no one confessing to friends, acquaintances, no one squealing on them, etc.

JMO, the people who did the killings are not known to local LE. They don't live in the area, don't have friends or family in the area and have never interacted with local LE or the local criminal justice system. They've never had reason to be on LE's radar.

BBM

Betty I feel you are very wrong about your statement that if they were locals someone would have talked to LE.

This is O/T so if anyone doesn't want to read it because it is not about the R's then they can skip this post.

Two days ago an arrest was made in the disappearance of two 16 year old Welch Oklahoma girls, Lauria Bible and Ashley Freeman. These two children went missing the night of December 29,1999 after Ashley Freeman's parents were shot and killed and their trailer house burned to cover the crime. Almost 20 years has passed. You don't have to read the affidavit by the OSBI but I suggest everyone does because it is a very interesting read. Especially the part the two Private Investigators played. You will be shocked at how many people knew what happened that night and where these two children were and said absolutely NOTHING to LE. They have said nothing for close to 20 years now.

Most of these were local people to the area and were all known to each other.

Please read in memory of two innocent girls who suffered more then any human should have.

This is the Tulsa World printing of the OSBI affidavit.

5ade5b977275a.pdf.pdf

BBM

Betty I feel you are very wrong about your statement that if they were locals someone would have talked to LE.

This is O/T so if anyone doesn't want to read it because it is not about the R's then they can skip this post.

Two days ago an arrest was made in the disappearance of two 16 year old Welch Oklahoma girls, Lauria Bible and Ashley Freeman. These two children went missing the night of December 29,1999 after Ashley Freeman's parents were shot and killed and their trailer house burned to cover the crime. Almost 20 years has passed. You don't have to read the affidavit by the OSBI but I suggest everyone does because it is a very interesting read. Especially the part the two Private Investigators played. You will be shocked at how many people knew what happened that night and where these two children were and said absolutely NOTHING to LE. They have said nothing for close to 20 years now.

Please read in memory of two innocent girls who suffered more then any human should have.

5ade5b977275a.pdf.pdf

Allow me to clarify: I don't think anyone local knows who the actual killers were. A few may know who ordered the killings or know the circumstances that brought about the massacre. I think some of the W's know more than anyone, but they're not local anymore. Anyone who actually knows something is highly unlikely to talk. The message sent by the Rhoden murderers was clear - anyone who talks will see the same thing or worse happen to their family. How does LE get anyone who might know something to give up that information without offering them, their family and friends some kind of protection?

But, JMO, the actual triggermen were strangers to the community. Anyone powerful enough to arrange the deaths of 8 people aren't likely to take chances by recruiting killers who could be identified by locals or LE. JMO, I could be wrong, but that's my theory.

You're not missing anything Betty P. I just think a good defense attorney would be able to point other directions a killer could have come from other than custody and drugs. You're right in that the land probably doesn't factor in at all. We only have a few pieces of a big puzzle. I think there will be arrests, but not in the near future.

Just to clarify, JMO, the nexis of conflict between Rhodens and W's is custody and some other criminal activity. It may be MJ. It may not be drugs, or it may only involve some kind of drug activity on the part of the W's. We probably shouldn't imply that the Rhodens were involved in the business of trafficking hard drugs (other than MJ). LE probably would have mentioned any evidence of that since they revealed the MJ grow ops.

BBM

5ade5b977275a.pdf.pdf

Thank you for posting this! I have followed Laurie Bible's and Ashley Freeman's cases. I never dreamed there would be an arrest! I'm so happy there is an arrest in their murders. Such a strange case too.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shmoozie