895 users online (186 members and 709 guests)  

Websleuths News

Page 51 of 64 FirstFirst ... 41 49 50 51 52 53 61 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by rsd1200 View Post
    BBM
    Coveralls, and possibly a truck. A truck that disappears til any blood is sure to be gone out of the bed, and burn the coveralls.

That one dude found stuff stuffed in a well from a murder years before. There's likely old wells all over those hills too. If you don't know they are there you'll walk right over top of them and never notice. Also, I'd not be surprised if there were caves in that area. Bodies can be stashed in those, so clothing and firearms wouldn't be out of the realm of possibility.
    BBM thereís caves and caverns all over Ohio. I know thereís the Indian Caverns just north of Columbus. Iíve been to the ones in Liberty, OH, called Ohio Caverns. They explain the history and how theyíre all over the state. A cave or well would be a perfect hiding spot. Especially, if itís used by someone who knows the land and all the hiding spots that most people probably donít.

rsd1200 is offline I mean good manners don't cost nothing do they, eh?
    Quote Originally Posted by Betty P View Post
    It's ok if we disagree.

I think it's possible some kind of tools were used in some cases to open back doors or windows. IIRC, the quotes about no signs of forced entry came from LM. They may or may not be accurate. LE may have told him that in hopes of scaring him or his family into admitting complicity. As many of us have ascertained, LE probably erroneously focused on other family members in the beginning.

Yes, burner phones would possibly have been used and disposed of. I'm basing my opinion about the killers on similar murders in the area:

Candace Newsome & her daughter

http://wchstv.com/news/local/police-...-scioto-county

http://www.nbc4i.com/news/politics/p...ter/1114371092

Dr. Kevin Lake

http://www.dispatch.com/news/2017092...bany-area-home

There's also the similarities with the deaths of the Eapmons in KY

Recall, the bedroom window at CR1's trailer was open that morning.

Putting cell phones, clothing and other evidence in a fire is risky. Unless the killers are able to generate a high temp fire and supervise the burning closely, parts of clothing and cell phones would likely remain. JMO. Yes, I know the local gentry are probably skilled at building bonfires for wiener roasts, etc. It doesn't make first time mass murderers experts at getting rid of all the evidence.

But I do think they may have kept the red truck as a way to later set up JM. I still can't figure out why LE didn't go after the owner of that truck sometime in the year before it was sold to JM. There's so much that LE does and doesn't do about this case that makes no sense at all.

Just a side note. Like gunfire, burn pits and burn barrels are very common, as are bonfires, out in the country. I'd never pay a bit of attention to them and would probably think folks were just having a party or running their dogs.

"When someone wrongs us, we want the maximum amount of punishment.
    But when we do wrong, we want the maximum amount of understanding and forgiveness.

Unless I've a link, it's my own 2Ę

Keyboard is possessed.
    Please excuse missing letters...

Something to consider: What if it was someone in the W family who was involved in the business of trafficking harder drugs? Perhaps someone was involved in the transportation of them? Perhaps it was somehow linked to people who had land contracts who have been arrested for manufacture or sale of hard drugs? This activity could have been taking place in counties adjacent to Pike County, perhaps not previously known to the Sheriff.

Maybe CR1 made a threat about revealing that in the midst of the custody battle?

WRT shoes on CR1 and GR, it's possible they were still up when attacked. The AR's seem to indicate CR1 was beat up, fought back. They may have been awake.
    If they had, as LE said, a couple little weed grows on their land, then that kinda pulls the R's ability to blackmail anyone else about drugs. No one wants a felony or their weed op shut down. If someone who was doing something illegal, was trying to blackmail me and I was doing something illegal, it would be a stalemate.

ETA: However, if it was a rogue cop, that changes the game entirely.
    Last edited by rsd1200; 05-17-2018 at 12:04 AM.

But when we do wrong, we want the maximum amount of understanding and forgiveness.

Keyboard is possessed.

Quote Originally Posted by MittenScarpetta View Post
    AW or AM?
    Oops, AM.

Keyboard is possessed.

If he had keys to the other homes, I wonder who would have known that?

Iím sure itís possible CRsr couldíve mentioned while working at BBL that his brother had keys to his homes. Itís also possible family members and close friends wouldíve known that as well.

BBM
    Just a thought, but there may have been several keys floating around, and one day, someone is thinking; Hmmm, now where did I put that key ring??? They finally make a copy from another key, and forget about the lost key ring. It'll turn up...

I swear I don't even remember who has keys to my home. I am not kidding when I say that I have keys to family homes, but don't have one to my own. Living out in the country and within an easy drive of one another, we don't have to hire folks to care for our animals if we go away, for a day, or even a month, we just ask family and they already have the keys. It's also handy if you've ever locked yourself out of the house (raises hand). It saves a locksmith call and a very long wait.

Keyboard is possessed.

I donít really think much about the sleepovers because Iíve seen this firsthand with a few families I know. Some families are very close and when you add teenagers and young adults into the mix who have lots of cousins and friends the same age, they like to hang out together.

Iíve thought the late times for pickup and drop off of kids was out of sorts. But Iím basing that off my own parenting where my kids were in bed between 7-8pm when they were babies and toddlers.

I have found it curious that there were so many sleep overs planned for the night of 4/21 that didnít happen.

And the one thatís never made sense to me is DS. But thatís all JMO.
    Thanks for your input. Agree with your questioning of DS arrangements for that night. There is something odd there.
    ​Blessed are they with nothing to say and the wisdom not to say it.

Teghan Alyssa Skiba - never forget.

I just wanted to pop in here to let you WSers on this thread know how much I appreciate you keeping this case discussion going. I followed this daily for a long time, then got discouraged at no LE updates or much of any news at all, and life got in the way of my reading here, too I still check in and want to encourage you to keep on keeping on, for this family!

BBM
    Just a thought, but there may have been several keys floating around, and one day, someone is thinking; Hmmm, now where did I put that key ring??? They finally make a copy from another key, and forget about the lost key ring. It'll turn up...

I swear I don't even remember who has keys to my home. I am not kidding when I say that I have keys to family homes, but don't have one to my own. Living out in the country and within an easy drive of one another, we don't have to hire folks to care for our animals if we go away, for a day, or even a month, we just ask family and they already have the keys. It's also handy if you've ever locked yourself out of the house (raises hand). It saves a locksmith call and a very long wait.
    I agree. We also donít know if FR & DR kept a key outside, just like CR1 did (as stated by BJM)

Then thereís KR. My instincts tell me he let his killer(s) in. But thatís JMO.

Quote Originally Posted by Chelly View Post
    Thanks for your input. Agree with your questioning of DS arrangements for that night. There is something odd there.
    There is. Iíve never been able to reason why he didnít return the next morning to work on cars, like he stated was the plan. He said he had changed his mind about staying the night but he never said the plan to work on cars was off the table.

And well, thereís no way he didnít hear about the murders that morning because most people across the country heard about them. I donít know why he didnít go check on KR hours earlier when he heard that KRís close family had been murdered.

Who knows though, I guess he couldíve been asleep. Or maybe hadnít checked his phone or the news.

I agree. We also don’t know if FR & DR kept a key outside, just like CR1 did (as stated by BJM)

Then there’s KR. My instincts tell me he let his killer(s) in. But that’s JMO.
    KR is an anomaly to me. I have to agree with you about him either letting them in, or, they started out there, and as he was counting his money, getting ready to kick back for the night, they killed him. Maybe he had keys to the other homes, and they took them.

Also, KR's trailer was facing his drive, which is over 200' long. If someone knocks on your door but no car is heard coming up your drive, nor is one in sight, I can attest to the fact that folks antenna go up when strangers show up on your porch late at night without a vehicle, or with one (especially with the meth explosion and everybody thievin' left and right). He lived in a fifth wheel, with a porch. No way his dog wouldn't feel the vibration, and hear folks coming up onto the porch. If he did see a vehicle, but didn't know the vehicle, he'd probably be a bit wary in that instance too. I think he likely knew his killer and he may have been killed just because they used him for something, and if he were alive the next morning, he'd know exactly who did this.

Keyboard is possessed.

If they had, as LE said, a couple little weed grows on their land, then that kinda pulls the R's ability to blackmail anyone else about drugs. No one wants a felony or their weed op shut down. If someone who was doing something illegal, was trying to blackmail me and I was doing something illegal, it would be a stalemate.

ETA: However, if it was a rogue cop, that changes the game entirely.
    JMO, if CR1 was only growing weed, but threatened to expose W's if they were engaged in trafficking of hard drugs, it ups the ante a great deal. The penalties for hard drugs are much heftier than for growing weed. The W's may have already threatened CR1 over his own grow op and he may have felt he had nothing to lose. W's may have been willing to pull out all the stops in order to get custody of S. It's also possible they weren't aware that CR1 knew of their other drug activities.

It seems there was something explosive that happened in the custody dispute that resulted in the W's deciding to participate in the murders of 8 Rhoden family members. It had to be something really big in that battle to trigger such drastic action. Not an impulsive act, but something set off a deliberate plan to kill them all. A decision that resulted in a time period of intense planning to carry it out. Something CR1 or others said that caused a drastic yet controlled plan to annihilate an entire family.

JMO, CR1 said or did something that crossed a line and put his family in danger and it was done in the heat of the custody battle. He may not have made a direct threat, but he stood up to the W's in a way they felt it necessary to interpret a threat or concoct one.

What was said or threatened? What else could have tipped the scales towards pre-planned mass murder of 8 family members? When LE responded to the fight on UHR a couple weeks before the murders, did CR1 make a direct or indirect threat against LE when they responded? Who called LE that night & which county responded?
    All statements are my opinion only.

JMO, if CR1 was only growing weed, but threatened to expose W's if they were engaged in trafficking of hard drugs, it ups the ante a great deal. The penalties for hard drugs are much heftier than for growing weed. The W's may have already threatened CR1 over his own grow op and he may have felt he had nothing to lose. W's may have been willing to pull out all the stops in order to get custody of S. It's also possible they weren't aware that CR1 knew of their other drug activities.

It seems there was something explosive that happened in the custody dispute that resulted in the W's deciding to participate in the murders of 8 Rhoden family members. It had to be something really big in that battle to trigger such drastic action. Not an impulsive act, but something set off a deliberate plan to kill them all. A decision that resulted in a time period of intense planning to carry it out. Something CR1 or others said that caused a drastic yet controlled plan to annihilate an entire family.

JMO, CR1 said or did something that crossed a line and put his family in danger and it was done in the heat of the custody battle. He may not have made a direct threat, but he stood up to the W's in a way they felt it necessary to interpret a threat or concoct one.

What was said or threatened? What else could have tipped the scales towards pre-planned mass murder of 8 family members? When LE responded to the fight on UHR a couple weeks before the murders, did CR1 make a direct or indirect threat against LE when they responded? Who called LE that night & which county responded?
    Iíve heard contradicting statements regarding LE responding to the fight a couple weeks prior. BUT if they did, there would be a report on file in either Adams or Pike County. Thatís protocol across the board anytime LE responds to a call and it is public record.

Iím sure the media would have picked up that report long ago if it existed. I donít know that prior reports outside of a homicide investigation can be sealed-if they exist unless they are sealed by an agency such as CPS, which wouldnít be be case for that instance.

Quote Originally Posted by Chelly View Post
    There's always been a question over KR's daughter saying KR planned to go to work in Columbus as usual that day and DS saying he planned to work on cars. Which was it? Seems if he was planning to skip work (and a day's pay) to stay home to "work on cars", he would have told others besides DS.

Was it possible he stayed home from work for other reasons? Security concerns? Work on the grow op? Or had he really planned all along to go to work at his regular job?

I’ve heard contradicting statements regarding LE responding to the fight a couple weeks prior. BUT if they did, there would be a report on file in either Adams or Pike County. That’s protocol across the board anytime LE responds to a call and it is public record.

I’m sure the media would have picked up that report long ago if it existed. I don’t know that prior reports outside of a homicide investigation can be sealed-if they exist unless they are sealed by an agency such as CPS, which wouldn’t be be case for that instance.
    It's interesting that no news outlet has requested that info or reported on it, to our knowledge. Anyone want to volunteer to call Pike or Adams county to request a copy of the report?

Rich P,

Since you posted today, Iím curious if youíre thoughts are still the same as what they were when this happened? Do you still think believe these murders were drug related in some way?

I just wanna pick your brain Iíve tried to get on board with the drug theories, I just donít see it and I donít know why.
    Hi Mitten,

My thoughts haven't changed since the murders occurred. They are in some way connected to drugs, probably of a "white" type, either pills or heroin. I don't think the R's were dealing but had something to do with the transporting through that area.

I believe that CRsr was main target with DR, FR and maybe GR as people he would have talked with. The rest of the people were just collateral damage. I tend to think that KR [perhaps unwittingly] "helped" in the commission of the crimes. Whether it was to silence them because certain powerful people thought they were going to talk or it was to eliminate competition I don't know.

I don't think it had anything to do with child custody. If it was why kill KR? I don't think it was an "Appalachian feud" type of thing because if it was the little kids would have targeted as well.

I believe there were about three actual perpetrators. If they were from outside the area than they certainly had close familia help in knowing when everyone would be home. Outsiders, scouting around for as long as it would have taken to get an accurate picture of the situation, would have drawn attention to themselves. If the perpetrators were local than I think they would be related to each other.

I could go on with the amount of corruption I believe there is in that area going all the way to Columbus but you get the idea.

Page 51 of 64 FirstFirst ... 41 49 50 51 52 53 61 ... LastLast