MO MO - Fawn Cox, 16, killed in her home, Kansas City, 26 July 1989 *suspect died in 2006*

Tortoise

Reaction score
cache.php

As her parents slept elsewhere in the home, 16-year-old Fawn Cox was molested in her second-story bedroom.
On the morning of July 26, 1989, Fawn’s alarm went off as she had set it, but the girl wasn’t alive to turn it off. Her mother entered the room as the clock blared. She found Fawn’s body in the bed, clad in a nightshirt.

Investigators could only presume that Fawn’s killer, or killers, entered her room through an open window at the home at 4640 E. Ninth St. He may have climbed atop a pickup truck parked behind the house to get up there.

http://www.kansascity.com/news/local/crime/article160008244.html

I just came across the case of Marcia Davis, age 20, who was found raped and strangled in an empty building 2.5 miles away from Fawn Cox's house, 4 months before Fawn's murder.

Her killer was found through a chance DNA test in 2012, and was AWOL from the marine corps at the time of Marcia's murder. He was 22 yrs old in 1989. I would think the cold case team might have checked for a match with Fawn's case.

Marcia looks so much like Fawn

cache.php

Marcia Davis http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...ed-AWOL-1989-DNA-connects-gruesome-crime.html

Marcia's thread here https://www.websleuths.com/forums/s...-raped-amp-murdered-Kansas-City-30-March-1989

Just copying over a post from TR's thread because there is not much other information that I can find on the internet given this all happened 29 years ago..

I was a friend of Fawn's in high school. It was devastating and a complete shock that summer. She was the sweetest person. She was truly nice to everyone and always smiling. Rumors were that she was killed by the older brother of one of our classmates. I don't want to say her full name but, the last name is Yates. I cannot remember the brother's first name and I'm not even sure if he shares the same last name. I only heard he was a suspect but, LE was unable to get enough evidence against him. Also, it was rumored there were several guys present during her attack, that she was friends with them (possibly dating one) and that they belonged to the Northeast area gang called the Ninth Street Dogs. They threw many items out the window into the backyard such a her stereo but, left everything there in the yard so possibly attempting a robbery or just causing destruction. Fawn was found strangled with her nightgown. Her family was sleeping downstairs in the air conditioned living room and did not hear anything over the loud unit. Her best friend lived across the street and in Fawn's bedroom was a picture of her and written across it said "You're next."

What I wonder today is do they have a DNA sample and have they attempted to use modern day DNA technology?
https://www.websleuths.com/forums/s...Kansas-City-30-Oct-1984&p=6972439#post6972439

I am fawn cox sister amber cox.
Thank you all for the post that you shared. If you all know of anything that can help her case? It would be greatful!

Sent from my LGL58VL using Tapatalk
Thanks.

Could you tell us any more about the case? Like the layout of the house and how you believe the killer got in? Was it your family's impression that it was a random stranger?

Thanks.

Could you tell us any more about the case? Like the layout of the house and how you believe the killer got in? Was it your family's impression that it was a random stranger?
It was a 2 story house. My little sister and I shared a room and fawns room was across the hall on the 2nd. Story. My mom and dad had a bedroom in the dining room downstairs. The burglars/killer climbed through my bedroom, they climbed on a orange dump truck to get inside my bedroom window. I was babysitting that night and it was so hot that night my little sister slept downstairs on the couch where it was air conditioned. We had a window air conditioner in the window above my parents head so it was very loud, it drowned out any sound in the house. Are poodle barked that nite but my sister told the dog to be quiet. The next morning my dad was getting ready for work in are only working bathroom on the 2nd. Story.( the bathroom was between are rooms.) That morning my dad was using the bathroom and noticed my sister had no underwear on so he covered her and went on to work. My sisters alarm went off and she was not waking up to it so my mom told my little sister to check on her so she headed upstairs and my mom followed because she felt something was not right and they found my sister dead with my little sister nightgown rapped around her neck. She was already blue and stiff. She was raped and sodomized after she was dead. My mom thought she killed herself. My mom called 911. buy the time I got there are house was like a circus with just tons of detectives and all kinds of people.

Is it two floors above ground level or is it ground floor and then just one floor above?

Was it Fawn your dad covered up or your little sister?

I'm sorry to ask, but how did they know she was sexually assaulted after her death?

Do you think it really was a burglary? Hmm, I have so many questions and I don't want to intrude on your grief. Why would a burglar assume the main items of value would be on the second floor? It seems as if they took the harder way to get in, or did they know your dad was sleeping on the ground floor?

Forgot to ask, do they have the killer's DNA?

Is it two floors above ground level or is it ground floor and then just one floor above?

Was it Fawn your dad covered up or your little sister?

I'm sorry to ask, but how did they know she was sexually assaulted after her death?

Do you think it really was a burglary? Hmm, I have so many questions and I don't want to intrude on your grief. Why would a burglar assume the main items of value would be on the second floor? It seems as if they took the harder way to get in, or did they know your dad was sleeping on the ground floor?
My dad covered fawn that morning.it was grounded level but we did have a basement. Autopsy proved she was raped and sodomized after she was dead. Are bedroom was pretty easy to climb into with the orange dump truck there. Are window was opened. Are bedroom was a back bedroom with a alley way behind us. We had trees. It was dark on are back yard at night. I believe it was a burglary and one of them killed my sister and then raped her. The detectives said they entered my home when my dad was asleep and my mom and little sister went to go get fawn from worlds of fun where she worked. There was proof they were hiding in are house upstairs because there was stuff pulled out of the closets. Stuff they had to be hiding behind.

This is my way of thinking - if they left DNA behind, it makes no sense that this person killed Fawn to stop her from ever identifying them.

So it seems to me to be a killing by someone who wanted to kill for the sake of killing. That type of person kills again.

I suppose DNA wasn't really widely known about in 1989.

I reckon there's a chance this person is in jail and they don't have him on the DNA database. I don't think they have a database of all convicts in jail do they?

I reckon there's a chance this person is in jail and they don't have him on the DNA database. I don't think they have a database of all convicts in jail do they?
No, I believe they only take DNA from felons and yes fawns DNA is in the database so if they ever take someone's DNA and run it through the database and there's a match then they will catch him but after all these years. The guy could be dead or he is just staying out of trouble but I don't see that. The guy is probably dead.

No, I believe they only take DNA from felons and yes fawns DNA is in the database so if they ever take someone's DNA and run it through the database and there's a match then they will catch him but after all these years. The guy could be dead or he is just staying out of trouble but I don't see that. The guy is probably dead.

How do you know my sister fawn?

Round about what time did your dog bark do you know?

I'm not sure if you're asking that to me, but I didn't know Fawn.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JerseyLizard
Back