MI - Teen golfer attacked by goose

BetteDavisEyes

Fasten your seatbelts...
Reaction score
They can be mean and scary. Plus they are pretty big. My neighbors (rural are had two of them at one time. I have no idea why, because they seemed to only be good for pooping around the entire yard. I watched them go after the UPS guy one day. He RAN back to ruck and slammed the door shut. After that he would pull up in front of their house and blow his horn, but he would not get out of his truck!

My dad told stories of being chased home from school by a goose. He was not a kind and gentle young man, so I am sure he deserved it.

We had them up at the lake. We put children's pinwheels at the shore to discourage them, because they are poop machines.

They fiercely protect their nesting area.
When I was a young teen I helped band geese to track their migration paths. Had my nose broken a couple times while trying to hold the wings while the band was applied.

Lots of geese are here by the lake, but I keep them near the shore line with cracked corn or bread so that they won't mess up the yard. They've all been coming here to nest for years and return with their offspring. Each have distinctive personalities and have never bothered me, but I'm just a food machine for them although one female will only eat if I hand feed her. I enjoy watching and being around them. Beautiful creatures to me as well as the Mallards who sometimes fly in with them.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dil2288
Back