826 users online (150 members and 676 guests)  

Websleuths News

Australia - Max the dog, age17, deaf and partially blind, saves missing 3 year old

Max is a 17-year-old cattle dog, who is deaf and partially blind. Now, he's being called a hero after saving the life of a Aurora Kyle, a 3-year-old who went missing from her family's ranch in Queensland, Australia. Aurora was lost for 15 hours in the woods on the giant piece of property, but she wasn't alone. She had Max.

The entire time, Max stayed by her side keeping her safe. When rescuers came close, Max sprang into action, ran towards the rescuers and led them to Aurora.

Aurora told her rescuers that Max not only protected her, but made for a comfortable pillow that night.

http://www.nbc4i.com/news/u-s-world/...ion/1137576234

Quote Originally Posted by JerseyGirl View Post
    Max is a 17-year-old cattle dog, who is deaf and partially blind. Now, he's being called a hero after saving the life of a Aurora Kyle, a 3-year-old who went missing from her family's ranch in Queensland, Australia. Aurora was lost for 15 hours in the woods on the giant piece of property, but she wasn't alone. She had Max.

The entire time, Max stayed by her side keeping her safe. When rescuers came close, Max sprang into action, ran towards the rescuers and led them to Aurora.

Aurora told her rescuers that Max not only protected her, but made for a comfortable pillow that night.

http://www.nbc4i.com/news/u-s-world/...ion/1137576234

Dogs are better than humans any day of the week. Congratulations to Max and well done Aurora for staying with Max.

Thank you for linking this lovely story and well done Max you really are a wonderful dog. I hope you enjoying some well deserved treats.