CA CA - East Area Rapist/Golden State Killer *ARREST*

Status
Not open for further replies.

SecretAgentMan

Reaction score
Police in California say they believe they have found the notorious Golden State Killer—the man investigators say is responsible for 12 homicides, 45 rapes, and 120 home burglaries.

Joseph James DeAngelo, 72, was arrested overnight on two murder charges and is thought to be linked to the case, said Billy Jensen, one of the writers responsible for researching and publishing I’ll Be Gone in the Dark. The case received renewed media attention this year after the book, written by late Michelle McNamara, was finally published after years of McNamara’s obsessive research on the killer, thanks to her husband Patton Oswalt, Jensen, and researcher Paul Haynes.

Jail records show that DeAngelo, who was arrested by the Sacramento County Sheriff’s Department, is ineligible for bail. The warrant was issued by Ventura County.

Jensen told The Daily Beast that DeAngelo is not the “confirmed” man responsible, but that “it looks good.” Police will hold a press conference at noon Wednesday in Sacramento to announce the breakthrough in the case.

The FBI has said the Golden State Killer, or the East Area Rapist, is suspected of carrying out crimes spanning a decade starting in the late 1970s in Sacramento County and ending in 1981. Jail records show that, like the killer’s FBI profile, DeAngelo is 5’11” and between the ages of 60 and 75 years old.

Sources confirmed to a local Fox affiliate early Wednesday morning that there had been a “significant break” in the case, with some saying an arrest had been made.

https://www.thedailybeast.com/josep...rding-to-co-author-of-ill-be-gone-in-the-dark

[h=3]East Area Rapist arrested in decades-old case, source says[/h]
http://www.sacbee.com/news/local/crime/article209779364.html

Authorities are expected to announce the arrest Wednesday of a suspect in the decades-old East Area Rapist case, The Bee has learned.

The suspect has been living in the Sacramento area and was identified after a renewed push of the investigation by the Sacramento County Sheriff's Department and District Attorney Anne Marie Schubert, a source said.

Arrest made in East Area Rapist case, sources say. Sun City survivor 'overwhelmed with joy'
By Alex Kincaid
April 25, 2018 09:15 AM

Snipped:

Jane Carson-Sandler, a Sun City resident, was the fifth victim of the East Area Rapist on Oct. 5, 1976.

Carson-Sandler said she received emails Wednesday from two detectives she has kept in touch with over the years informing her of the arrest.

http://www.heraldonline.com/news/state/south-carolina/article209776449.html

Wow! Incredible news; Patton's Twitter is full of gems this morning.

Absolutely crying with relief and happiness over this news!

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

attachment.php

Joseph James DeAngelo Jr was arrested in California Tuesday night on two murder charges. The now-72-year-old is suspected of being the Golden State Killer

Attachments

• 4B8B9B3300000578-0-image-m-37_1524665319792.jpg
    4B8B9B3300000578-0-image-m-37_1524665319792.jpg
    75.3 KB · Views: 188
I'm freaking out about this! FINALLY. I was hopeful he would be caught soon after all of the renewed media attention. I'm so relieved for the victims and everyone affected by this monster.

Sent from my SM-G930W8 using Tapatalk

I am absolutely Blown Away at this!!

I have been emersed in this since the shows were on tv and can't imagine how the people that have been vigilantly working on this case for years must feel!

And the Victims and their families!!! I can not imagine how they must be feeling! I am so excited and am nearly crying and thinking how they must feel right now is just SO AMAZING!!

Thank You to ALL the people who investigated this, LE and Civilian!

:loveyou:

I’ve been reading that they found his DNA in an Australian data base. I’m so confused lol,I think I’ll wait for the press conference.

So now we know how he was able to escape those burglaries & rapes, he was on the inside, he was a cop going back to like 1973......he was agile & athletic from being in the military, then a cop.......was able to do his recon work as a cop, stalked, etc.....I wonder if he got information on his victims from sources at his job as a cop.

I also wonder what shift he worked on as a cop.......this will all come out eventually.

Another question is, was he at the town hall meeting where the man stood up & then became his next victim along with his wife........oh so many questions, the answers will come out.

Also one of his kids was born in 1981 and another was born in 1986. Which explains his 5 year absence from crimes

Holy canoli- this is astounding! Kudos to LE who never stopped looking for this monster.

I’ve been reading that they found his DNA in an Australian data base. I’m so confused lol,I think I wait for the press conference.

Wow. If true it will be VERY interesting to learn what he did in Australia that led to his DNA being taken there.

I can't wait for today's presser! Thinking of Michelle McNamara ... she would be happy.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
zipperoni