Found Deceased ME - Valerio*McFarland, 5, Androscoggin River, Auburn, 24 Apr 2018

Gardener1850

Timeline Guru (Still Remembering Cupcake)
Reaction score
253e1aaa-d335-46b4-82e6-a53ff5cab6cb-large16x9_poster_8f4302b1cd3f402f812cd8710677ce51.png

AUBURN (WGME) -- Crews in Auburn are searching the Androscoggin River for a missing five-year-old boy that went into the water Tuesday evening.

Officials are considering it a recovery mission.

Auburn Police say two brothers were playing along the river off of Main Street.
The 5-year-old fell in, and his 9-year-old brother went in after him.
Firefighters were able to pull out the older brother.
He was flown to Maine Medical Center.

Police say he is still in critical condition.
http://wgme.com/news/local/search-f...ndroscoggin-river-considered-recovery-mission

AUBURN, Maine (AP) — Police in Maine say a 9-year-old boy who fell into a river along with his younger brother has been found and is in critical condition. Rescuers are searching for his 5-year-old brother.
Police said the boys were playing along the Androscoggin River, near a park in Auburn, Maine, on Tuesday when one of them fell into the water accidentally about 7:10 p.m.
His brother tried to rescue him, but fell in, too. Their father and 8-year-old sister tried to pull them out, but were unable. Their names haven’t been released. Dozens of firefighters, police and others rushed to the scene and launched boats and a helicopter.
The 9-year-old was found by a diver and brought to the riverbank. The search for the younger boy was suspended overnight and resumed early Wednesday.
https://www.boston.com/news/local-n...rom-maine-river-younger-brother-still-missing

My thoughts and prayers go out to this family. My heart is just aching for the darling 9 year old brother who tried to save him, along with the father and sister. Stuff like this can happen so easily by rivers- rocks and soil loosen near the riverbanks, especially this time of year.

I hope they can find him soon. Awful awful tragedy. :(

no words, no prayers, nothing at this point would soothe this family I fear...

just so tragic...

Valerio McFarland, 5, has been missing since he and his brother fell into the Androscoggin River Tuesday. His brother Maxim, 10, remains in fair condition at Maine Medical Center.

A team hoping to find the body is looking for volunteers to search the Androscoggin River this weekend. Saturday's search does not involve a water search, which police have already exhausted. Instead, volunteers are asked to line the Androscoggin River. Check-in begins at 7 a.m. Saturday. An exact location had not been determined as of Thursday morning.

http://www.wmtw.com/article/horrify...liner-nearly-landing-on-other-planes/20133024

Valerio McFarland, 5, has been missing since he and his brother fell into the Androscoggin River Tuesday. His brother Maxim, 10, remains in fair condition at Maine Medical Center.

A team hoping to find the body is looking for volunteers to search the Androscoggin River this weekend. Saturday's search does not involve a water search, which police have already exhausted. Instead, volunteers are asked to line the Androscoggin River. Check-in begins at 7 a.m. Saturday. An exact location had not been determined as of Thursday morning.

http://www.wmtw.com/article/horrify...liner-nearly-landing-on-other-planes/20133024

This is so so sad. I think there was another thread on here earlier in the week about this. The brother jumped in, trying to save him, and is now in the hospital.

I wonder why their searching land now instead of water? Especially since the father and sister tried to help rescue both boys? Do they think that he might have somehow survived and got out of the water and walked away?

Prayers Valerio is found, hopefully safe and sound somewhere. I feel for the family, what a frightening ordeal with hope and despair mixed together that he might be alive, but expecting otherwise.

What a horribly sad and tragic accident! I feel so bad for this family

A Litchfield man kayaking in the water Monday morning found the boy’s body. The man, 43-year-old Christopher Lane, says he was looking for the boy, hoping to bring closure to the McFarland family. (From online article)

So sad... I was just recently reading another thread where a kayaker was keeping a look out for a missing baby and found it. There are good people in the world.....we just need a few more.

Sent from my SM-G955W using Tapatalk

Rest in peace, sweetie. Thoughts and prayers to the family. :rose:

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mona Lisa