CA CA - East Area Rapist/Golden State Killer *ARREST* #2

Status
Not open for further replies.

SecretAgentMan

Reaction score
Police in California say they believe they have found the notorious Golden State Killer—the man investigators say is responsible for 12 homicides, 45 rapes, and 120 home burglaries.

Joseph James DeAngelo, 72, was arrested overnight on two murder charges and is thought to be linked to the case, said Billy Jensen, one of the writers responsible for researching and publishing I’ll Be Gone in the Dark. The case received renewed media attention this year after the book, written by late Michelle McNamara, was finally published after years of McNamara’s obsessive research on the killer, thanks to her husband Patton Oswalt, Jensen, and researcher Paul Haynes.

Jail records show that DeAngelo, who was arrested by the Sacramento County Sheriff’s Department, is ineligible for bail. The warrant was issued by Ventura County.

Jensen told The Daily Beast that DeAngelo is not the “confirmed” man responsible, but that “it looks good.” Police will hold a press conference at noon Wednesday in Sacramento to announce the breakthrough in the case.

The FBI has said the Golden State Killer, or the East Area Rapist, is suspected of carrying out crimes spanning a decade starting in the late 1970s in Sacramento County and ending in 1981. Jail records show that, like the killer’s FBI profile, DeAngelo is 5’11” and between the ages of 60 and 75 years old.

Sources confirmed to a local Fox affiliate early Wednesday morning that there had been a “significant break” in the case, with some saying an arrest had been made.

https://www.thedailybeast.com/josep...rding-to-co-author-of-ill-be-gone-in-the-dark

Discussion #1

[h=3]East Area Rapist arrested in decades-old case, source says[/h]
http://www.sacbee.com/news/local/crime/article209779364.html

Authorities are expected to announce the arrest Wednesday of a suspect in the decades-old East Area Rapist case, The Bee has learned.

The suspect has been living in the Sacramento area and was identified after a renewed push of the investigation by the Sacramento County Sheriff's Department and District Attorney Anne Marie Schubert, a source said.

Arrest made in East Area Rapist case, sources say. Sun City survivor 'overwhelmed with joy'
By Alex Kincaid
April 25, 2018 09:15 AM

Snipped:

Jane Carson-Sandler, a Sun City resident, was the fifth victim of the East Area Rapist on Oct. 5, 1976.

Carson-Sandler said she received emails Wednesday from two detectives she has kept in touch with over the years informing her of the arrest.

http://www.heraldonline.com/news/state/south-carolina/article209776449.html

attachment.php

Joseph James DeAngelo Jr was arrested in California Tuesday night on two murder charges. The now-72-year-old is suspected of being the Golden State Killer

Attachments

• 4B8B9B3300000578-0-image-m-37_1524665319792.jpg
    4B8B9B3300000578-0-image-m-37_1524665319792.jpg
    75.3 KB · Views: 93
Relative's DNA from genealogy websites cracked East Area Rapist case, DA's office says

[...]

The effort was part of a painstaking process that began by using DNA from one of the crime scenes from years ago and comparing it to genetic profiles available online through various websites that cater to individuals wanting to know more about their family backgrounds by accepting DNA samples from them, said Chief Deputy District Attorney Steve Grippi.

[...]

http://www.sacbee.com/latest-news/article209913514.html

Curious to see y’all comment on what you think- do any of the other websluethers out there think he is going to spill his guts about all the details? I have a feeling he is going to get his jollies off one more time reliving all the gory details -like BTK and other serial killers have done after getting caught. Do y’all think that too? I’m also curious if he kept all the trophies at his house. He seems like the type of guy that would have it right there. It will be interesting to know if he ever gave some of the Jewelry to the women in his life -including the daughters. This guy seems twisted like that.

I wrote a paper over Ancestry DNA cases for my biotech class and my memory is really bad but I think ancestry.com used to be another company and had absorbed the dna database that the LDS had been using to trace ancestry. Ancestry.com is not owned by the LDS afaik.

Just reiterating, Ancestry.com was not the company LE worked with. They have denied it.

It was GED Match, an open source genealogy-DNA match web site

https://www.mercurynews.com/2018/04...ing-law-enforcement-in-east-area-rapist-case/

So no Australia connection then? Does anyone know why he was dismissed from the police force? He has two children? Thanks guys.

He got caught shop lifting. Waaaaaait for it dog reppelant,and a hammer. While assigned to robbery detail as a LEO in 1979. No eyebrows were raised. No further investigation. Even though there was so much of his activity going on right under their noses.

He got caught shop lifting. Waaaaaait for it dog reppelant,and a hammer. While assigned to robbery detail as a LEO in 1979. No eyebrows were raised. No further investigation. Even though there was so much of his activity going on right under their noses.
Monday morning quarterbacking. Would you suspect a neighbor who stole a shovel of burying bodies in his backyard? I wouldn't unless I knew or suspected him of murder. He had a good record as a police officer. One coworker called him a straight arrow, by the book cop.

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

To the poster who mentioned how "pathetic" he looks in the mugshot--yep! But I'm sure there's a part of him that's loving the attention and everyone knowing what he did and got away with for so long. For that reason I think everyone in the media and online should STOP calling him the GSK (Michelle came up with that to help catch him through branding; now he's caught) and start calling him... wait for it... the Micro-Genitalia Killer ;)

Hey Everyone,

Websleuths needs your help.

Websleuths is in a serious financial dilemma. If you can donate we would greatly appreciate it. However, do not donate if it puts you in any sort of financial stress.

You can donate through https://www..com/websleuths-is-on-the-brink where there is more information about Websleuths situation.

You can donate using PAYPAL and us the email address websleuthsdonations@gmail.com

THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU

d55ae5225f20f6f8bb63441c239dd6d0.jpg

8e3be825efcbd0232fa46efd33f3cd03.jpg

Screen shots I just took. The man seemed OUT OF IT. The better not let him die on us!!!!!!!

Literally like an 80 year old or older with dementia or on deaths door. Maybe he is weak? I don’t know but the man is not okay and I need them to make him okay so he can sit trial!!!!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

A wheelchair, really? Hadn't heard any mention of him using one prior. He looked potentially sedated. How would you like to be the public defender who gets that case. I wonder if he will end up retaining a private attorney. Probably some attention-seeking Marc Geragos type will take him on pro bono.

Anyhow, I've never wanted to punch someone in a wheelchair before, but today was a first.

The link provided was having technical problems. I switched to wfrriz- don't know if video is still there. I saw part
of his arraignment.

He was brought in in a wheelchair- no walking-no standing- sat the whole time. both hands were handcuffed to

arms of wheelchair. He looked to me like he was pretending to be old, can't hear well, weak voice, seemed sleepy or

drugged. Maybe all an act. Judge read 2 counts of murder- couldn't hear all of it. Next hearing May 28. ????

Female atty. was with him.

rumors that he's not eating or drinking and will not allow family to visit.

So he was fixing his daughter's car a week ago, working on a table before the arrest and now he looks like this?! Trying to gain sympathy or is the shock of what's happening to him taking a hit?!

I know, right? THIS is the guy who's out screaming obscenities in his yard? What did they do, sedate him? They put him in a wheelchair and rolled him in. SMH.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
McKeith