Found Deceased DC - Verdell Jefferson, 41, SE Washington DC, 1 May 2006

Gardener1850

Timeline Guru (Still Remembering Cupcake)
Reaction score

Verdell Jefferson
District of Columbia County, District of Columbia
41 year old black/african american female

Black Hair
Brown Eyes

Height (inches)
Weight (pounds)

Clothing: Blue pants, blue shire.

Verdell Jeffeson was last seen on May 1, 2006, at her home on Wayne Place, SE.

https://www.findthemissing.org/en/cases/21348/

Are we sure her age is correct? I found several Maryland court records for a Black African with a Washington DC address. Name: Verdell Elaine Jefferson
DOB: 08/10/1965

Are we sure her age is correct? I found several Maryland court records for a Black African with a Washington DC address. Name: Verdell Elaine Jefferson
DOB: 08/10/1965

Yes that would be her date of birth. 41 is the age she was in 2006 when she went missing.

In May, she would have been 40 if born in August. :thinking:

Oh, yes you are correct. I was just doing simple year math: 2006 - 41 = 1965.

This is just a theory-- but maybe she was not reported missing until after August/ after her 41st birthday?

Either way, her name is not very common, so I think that is her. What did you find for records, CV? Arrest records or court records?

Oh, yes you are correct. I was just doing simple year math: 2006 - 41 = 1965.

This is just a theory-- but maybe she was not reported missing until after August/ after her 41st birthday?

Either way, her name is not very common, so I think that is her. What did you find for records, CV? Arrest records or court records?
Some old records for forgery and utter forge check/counterfeit (1987). Sentenced to 61 days in 1990 and parole violation in 1991.
http://casesearch.courts.state.md.us/casesearch/inquiryDetail.jis?caseId=CT87314&loc=65&detailLoc=PG

In 2001 (disposition date)/2002 (issued), prostitution, possession of paraphernalia, and dangerous weapon-conceal.
http://casesearch.courts.state.md.u...l.jis?caseId=3E00178335&loc=20&detailLoc=DSCR

Nothing after that in Maryland.

I meant to link this after the first post of the thread. Skeletal remains were found on Wayne Place in SE DC-- the same Street Verdell lived on: DC - Dc - Remains Of 3 People Found In Apartment Crawlspace/yard, Apr'18

3 sets of remains found on the property so far. We are waiting to get more details.

Verdell was identified as one of the deceased found at Wayne Place:
At a news conference, D.C. police said the remains were those of 48-year-old Jewel King, who vanished in April 2006; 41-year-old Verdell Jefferson, who was reported missing in August 2006; and 43-year-old Dorothy Botts, who was last seen on Christmas Day of that year.

Metropolitan Police Chief Peter Newsham said King and Botts were believed to have been fatally shot, while Jefferson is believed to have been killed by blunt force trauma.
Read more: Remains found in shallow grave at DC apartment building ID'd as women who vanished in 2006

RIP Ms. Jefferson

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Curious.tea
Back