Canada - Body found inside wall of washroom at Calgary shopping mall, May 2018

dotr

Reaction score
http://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/calga...ashroom-wall-public-police-homicide-1.4641842
Police are investigating after the body of a man was discovered inside a wall in a public washroom at a mall in downtown Calgary on Monday.

The discovery was made about 9:30 a.m. in the fourth floor washroom at the Core shopping centre at Seventh Avenue and Third Street S.W., police said.
Calgary police spokesperson Emma Poole said a maintenance worker was called in the morning to fix a toilet that wouldn't flush in the women's washroom.
"Despite the circumstances of where the body was located, investigators do not suspect foul play and the death remains classified as undetermined," police said in a release.

Poole said it's possible someone crawling through a vent or duct fell from above and got stuck in the wall.

"That would be the most logical at this point … that it was from above," she said.

"So that is obviously something they would be looking at is someone crawling through the ventilation system."

No foul play. Interesting. It reminds me of the man who died in garbage chute. So weird.

I guess they'd be able to tell if the wall was cut open to hide a body.... but still weird.

Was this a recent death? Or were they old remains?

If this was an accidental death why was the man crawling in the vent and why wasn't he reported missing?

Spokeswoman Emma Poole said a worker was called Monday morning to fix a toilet that wouldn’t flush in a women’s washroom in the downtown mall.

“If you were to look at the toilet, there’s a panel behind it so that when people move it would automatically flush,” she said. “When they removed that panel, they found a deceased person behind that wall.”

http://calgarysun.com/news/local-ne...ide-bathroom-wall-of-downtown-shopping-centre

What? Is that normal? For someone to be crawling through the duct system? I'm assuming they would have smelt something if it were old, but maybe not
Maybe someone was trying to rob the mall? Trying to climb up inside the ducts and stay there until after closing? is that even possible? LOL

I keep misreading this thread as "body found in wall mushroom," which gives me images of bodies hidden inside sculpted wall murals. Creepy! I'll alert so they can merge the two threads.

I’m interested in how this turns out. I wonder if it just happened the prior night. He fell and broke the toilet. I wonder if anyone did report anyone missing, if police would keep it quiet if they believed it to be this man.

The "falling thru duct work" and winding up in between the wall behind the toilet in a women's bathroom is..........pretty unlucky & quite a coinkydink.

What are the chances of THAT happening???

:rolleyes:

No foul play. Interesting. It reminds me of the man who died in garbage chute. So weird.

Yes. No foul play? Hmmm
It reminded me of the young Asian woman who worked in a science lab at a university IIRC and she was about to be married in a f ew days. She was seen or carded going in and not seen leaving. Her body was found in the wall or ceiling tiles.

Yes. No foul play? Hmmm
It reminded me of the young Asian woman who worked in a science lab at a university IIRC and she was about to be married in a f ew days. She was seen or carded going in and not seen leaving. Her body was found in the wall or ceiling tiles.

Annie Le --- was treated as a homicide -- yes strange things do happen....

ETA: here's the link to her section here at WS
https://www.websleuths.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?374-Annie-Le

The "falling thru duct work" and winding up in between the wall behind the toilet in a women's bathroom is..........pretty unlucky & quite a coinkydink.

What are the chances of THAT happening???

:rolleyes:

Im wondering if he was upside down with head first at the bottom. That would better explain how he died then because I think being upside down puts a body in stress if left there for very long. All the blood would rush to his head and would probably cause panic and eventual death quicker than if he was rightside up.

There was a recent sad case of a boy who fell behind a car seat and was pinned. I think he may have been in an awkward position. He died pretty quick because of the position of his body and I think the van seat was pushing against his chest. Something similar could have happened if the guy was upside down and the wall was pushing on his chest.

https://www.cnn.com/2018/04/12/us/ohio-teen-pinned-minivan-trnd/index.html

Because if he was rightside up I would think he could slowly work to chisel a hole in the wall and bang on the wall for eventual help at some point if he was standing upright. Of course even if upright he may have not had much room to do much of anything. Maybe use his mouth to try to eat through the wall. It is horrific to think of being trapped like that.

What? Is that normal? For someone to be crawling through the duct system? I'm assuming they would have smelt something if it were old, but maybe not
Maybe someone was trying to rob the mall? Trying to climb up inside the ducts and stay there until after closing? is that even possible? LOL

Guess not!

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chingona361
Back