OH OH - Lori Lloyd, 14, Kettering, 10 Feb 1976

2sisters

Reaction score
I saw on the doenetwork updates that Lori Lloyd was found safe after 28 years. I couldn't find anything on the internet other than that and her mpccn case file with states she had a history of running away. However she dissappeared it is great that her family knows she is alive after all these years. There is always hope that the missing are still alive.

Doe network says that Lori Jean Lloyd has been found safe after dissappearing in 1976 in Ketterling Ohio. I was wondering if anyone knew the paticulairs of her recovery, I can't seem to find any information on it. It seems there are several recovered individuals on Doe Network that have no story out there as to how they were found and the circumstances of the dissapearancel. Where have these missing people been? I would be curious if anyone knows the answers to these. Thanks.

I think many of the recovered were in two categories

1) taken by non - custodial parents and recovered years later. I often see recoveries for two or more siblings on the doe network.

2) Others I think were runaways. Some recovered in Canada after a long time away from the US.

I am glad there is a doe network out there. They do a great job.

I saw the item on the doe network that Lori Jean was located safe but there are NO details not even when she was found. I wonder if there is a way to find out.

I have always wondered why they give such little information when people are recovered. I wonder if sometimes it is because they are in jail, homeless etc

Located after 28 years? Wow, what are the chances of that? Amazing.
Karen

AuntieKaren said:
Located after 28 years? Wow, what are the chances of that? Amazing.
Karen

I agree, Karen.
I've invited a very special lady to post here who located someone after 40 years. She's now an advocate for the missing, and helps others who are searching. I will be so tickled once she joins, cuz then she can share that part of her testimony with y'all.

With HOPE for all missing, Lanie

Her story reminds me of Laurie Davern, who was also found after being missing since the mid 70's, apparently a runaway as well. I read Lori LLoyd's case file on mpccn, if you google her name it comes up. I got the impression that her family feared foul play b/c they said it was unusual for her not to call as she usually did. I wonder how they survived for so long. I hope life wasn't too hard for them after running away, but we know too well that sometimes when you leave a hard home life or what you percive as hard a a teenager, it get worse after running away.

Hello, Below is part of an email sent to me by Joni Spencer, Lori's sister. She is still looking for her sister....I myself was able to find very little info and only then just some references to a 1980 movie Whatever happened to Lori Jean Lloyd. Below is Joni' s email............

It seems that when you do a search on my sister's name - Lori Jean Lloyd the string of comments in Websleuths comes up. It was written in Oct of 2004. My brother saw these comments and then went to Doe Network and found out that it was reporting her to be recovered. He got upset. He contacted them through e-mail. He said he wanted to know who recovered her and who reported her recovered. Well, Doe Network kindly responded and said they had gotten this information from a Det Wolfe from the Kettering Police Dept. I believe he is no longer is on active duty there. My brother e-mailed Kettering PD as well, but got no response yet. Anyway. Doe Network then took her off completely until they can get more information. This is the last we heard for about a month now. I guess these things take time and since Lori's been missing since Feb.11, 1976, it isn't much time in comparison. Then last night I found a write up on Lori on the MPCCN.

Hi, I am Joni, Lori's oldest sister. Lori disappeared from Kettering, Ohio on Feb. 11, 1976. She and a friend were babysitting our nephew, only 3 years old at the time. She left the house around 11:00 pm to walk up to a local convenient store. Sometime after midnight, my mother arrived home to find her gone. She immediately started searching by car. Lori never arrrived to the store which was bout 3 neighborhood blocks from her home. She has never contacted her friends or family since then. The police reported her as runaway at first because she was 14 years old with a record of recent runaways. However with each of these incidents she always phoned home so my Mother would not worry, but refused to come home. Those runaways prompted family counseling which stopped the running away. Even the family with the exception of my Mom thought she would return in a few days. She never did. Now here we are 30 years later wondering whatever happened to my youngest sister. Thanks for your interest. Joni

Joni Lloyd said:
Hi, I am Joni, Lori's oldest sister. Lori disappeared from Kettering, Ohio ion Feb. 11, 1976. She and a friend were babysitting our nephew, only 3 years old at the time. She left the house around 11:00 pm to walk up to a local convenient store. Sometime after midnight, my mother arrived home to find her gone. She immediately started searching by car. Lori never arrrived to the store about 3 neighborhood blocks from her home. She has never contacted her friends or family since then. The police reported her as runaway at first because she was 14 years old with a record of recent runaways. However with each of these incidents she always phoned home so my Mother would not worry, but refused to come home. Those runaways prompted family counseling which stopped the running away. Even the family with the exception of my Mom thought she would return in a few days. She never did. Now here we are 30 years later wondering whatever happene to my youngest sister. Thanks for your interest. Joni
Joni, welcome to Websleuths!!! Can you give us a description of your sister, as detailed as possible??? Is she listed anywhere??? Someone on here may be able to get her listed if she isn't. Where was your nephew when Lori left??? Was he still in the home??

Joni, welcome to Websleuths. So sorry to hear about your sister. I am very interested in helping out.

She used to be listed on Doe Network. She also used to be listed on America's most wanted site. But it has been removed. I do not know why. Also I just found a blurb on the Angelfire.com, or the MPCCN. But their homepage says it is being shut down due to hackers. I have a blog that I just recently started. (I am so new at this internet thing). I have pictures listed there. Should I put that address on here? I want to let everyone know, but it scares me to open it up. But I certainly will if it will help to find out what happened to Lori.

My nephew was left at home with another friend she was babysitting with. He is now going to turn 33 years old. He doesn't really have a memory of Lori except from what we have told him over the years.

I just want to say thanks. The search is hard and disheartening. It always brings up very difficult feelings. God bless. Joni

Joni Lloyd said:
She used to be listed on Doe Network. She also used to be listed on America's most wanted site. But it has been removed. I do not know why. Also I just found a blurb on the Angelfire.com, or the MPCCN. But their homepage says it is being shut down due to hackers. I have a blog that I just recently started. (I am so new at this internet thing). I have pictures listed there. Should I put that address on here? I want to let everyone know, but it scares me to open it up. But I certainly will if it will help to find out what happened to Lori.

My nephew was left at home with another friend she was babysitting with. He is now going to turn 33 years old. He doesn't really have a memory of Lori except from what we have told him over the years.

I just want to say thanks. The search is hard and disheartening. It always brings up very difficult feelings. God bless. Joni
Yes, definately put the link address to your blog. That would be very helpful.

Lori was 14 years old when she went missing. She had long dark brown, slightly curly hair. She has brown eyes, with freckles across her nose. In Feb of 1976, she weighed anywhere between 102- 110 pounds. She was approx. 5' tall. She has bushy eyebrows and almond shaped eyes. There is a space between her two front teeth. Her upper lip is pretty straight across, especially when she smiles. She often chewed on her lower lip. When she smiled, even at 14 she had deep smile lines framing her mouth. She was bubbly, loved to run, loved school, animals and homemade french fries. She may have had scars on her wrists from previous suicide attempts. Her ears were pierced. How was that? Joni

Joni Lloyd said:
Lori was 14 years old when she went missing. She had long dark brown, slightly curly hair. She has brown eyes, with freckles across her nose. In Feb of 1976, she weighed anywhere between 102- 110 pounds. She was approx. 5' tall. She has bushy eyebrows and almond shaped eyes. There is a space between her two front teeth. Her upper lip is pretty straight across, especially when she smiles. She often chewed on her lower lip. When she smiled, even at 14 she had deep smile lines framing her mouth. She was bubbly, loved to run, loved school, animals and homemade french fries. She may have had scars on her wrists from previous suicide attempts. Her ears were pierced. How was that? Joni
That was real good. Do you know what she was last wearing, any jewelry she was wearing or always wore, any previous broken bones???

Do you know where this alleged match for her was found??? (mentioned in first post on this thread)

I know it's hard to talk about these things, believe me, you'll find a lot of people on here are in the same boat you are, so to speak.

joni iam new to these computers and internet too but what i have seen so far you sure came to the right place to get help. these people on this site will help you out in way's you never dream about. iam still surprized at all the work and effort these very nice people will do to help you out...just yell and i help you any way i can..

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
okaydandy
Back