Handling of "Katrina" disaster still a disaster!

bakerprune64

Former Member
Reaction score
http://www.nbc4.tv/news/7992541/detail.html

All I can do is shake my head. First, the search and recovery efforts were called off when money ran out, and now they have more money and resume the efforts (read from another article.) Amazing, that anybody would want to help after reading this.

What a mess! Reminds me of that old saying about no good deed goes unpunished. I certainly hope those in charge somehow find their heads and try to shape up. How wonderful of people to travel all that distance to help.

Like I've been saying, it's tore up from the floor up. This stupidity has got to stop!! They need to pull their thumbs from their behinds and get down to the business of trying to rebuild lives and a city. Instead they play red tape games and enforce the dumbest rules! Just makes me ill to my stomach!

BhamMama said:
Like I've been saying, it's tore up from the floor up. This stupidity has got to stop!! They need to pull their thumbs from their behinds and get down to the business of trying to rebuild lives and a city. Instead they play red tape games and enforce the dumbest rules! Just makes me ill to my stomach!
Good luck in getting New Orleans to do anything that involves common sense.

If they were serious, and had leaders capable of thinking two weeks down the road, they would instate a public works program with the displaced/jobless being paid to rebuild public housing and then houisng them in what they built and continuing to utilize them to rebuild other public buildings, such as schools, court houses, town halls, civic centers, etc. But they won't--because that would involve, you know, common sense.

Ah yes, common sense. A real oxymoron. It seems to be a rare commodity, particularly in the post-Katrina snafu.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
boymom0304
Back