911 users online (187 members and 724 guests)  

Websleuths News

Page 1 of 37 1 2 3 11 ... LastLast

Australia - 7 dead in mass shooting and suicide - Osmington WA - 11 May 2018

Four autistic children and their mother who was being 'stalked by her ex' are among the seven victims shot dead in a 'mass murder-suicide' in a remote family home south of Perth

These four autistic children and their mother - whom just weeks ago claimed she was being stalked by her ex - are among the seven victims of Australia's worst mass shooting for 20 years at a remote farmhouse this morning.

Four children and three adults were found shot dead in a grisly murder-suicide at the home in Osmington, Western Australia at 5am today.

The property is owned by Cynda Miles and her farmer husband Peter. Their daughter Katrina Cockman home-schooled her four autistic children aged eight to 13 on the farm.

Neighbour Felicity Haynes told Daily Mail Australia that Cynda and Peter had moved to the countryside to build the sustainable farm as a home for Katrina, her daughter and three sons.

Katrina, who referred to her 'four autistic children' in a recent Facebook post about a swimming lesson, wrote on the site last month: 'My ex does not stop stalking me.' It is not yet clear who the other two dead adults are.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/arti...farmhouse.html

Mods - I couldn't find a thread about this shooting but if I've missed one please amalgamate.

Family dead in Australia’s worst mass shooting in two decades

https://nypost.com/2018/05/11/family...n-two-decades/

Police are treating the incident as a murder-suicide and said they were not looking for any suspects, according to Australian news outlet ABC.

The children, whose ages were not disclosed, died with their mother and grandparents in Osmington, a village of fewer than 700 residents near the tourist town of Margaret River.
    Reply with Quote is everyone's friend
    “Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not his own facts.” Patrick Moynihan
    Note to self - just because there is bait in the water, it doesn't mean the little fishies have to bite.

Quote Originally Posted by MelmothTheLost View Post
    Four autistic children and their mother who was being 'stalked by her ex' are among the seven victims shot dead in a 'mass murder-suicide' in a remote family home south of Perth
    Hmmm. Former partner does not seem to be involved atm:

Police are treating the incident as a murder-suicide and have confirmed they are not looking for any suspects.

A friend of the family has confirmed to the ABC that Katrina Miles and her four children were among the seven victims.

The friend confirmed that Katrina's parents, whose names are listed on the property title as Peter and Cynda Miles, were also killed in the incident.

http://www.abc.net.au/news/2018-05-1...uicide/9751482
    Speculation / My own opinion...
    Attached Images Attached Images

I believe in pink. I believe that laughing is the best calorie burner. I believe in kissing, kissing a lot. I believe in being strong when everything seems to be going wrong. I believe that happy girls are the prettiest girls. I believe that tomorrow is another day and I believe in miracles.
    - Audrey Hepburn

Quote Originally Posted by perfectingpink View Post
    I cannot access it. Has it just been removed?

Such a terrible tragedy. RIP. Thoughts and prayers with their loved ones.

He said five bodies – the four children and one adult – were found inside a building while two adults were found outside.

https://www.theguardian.com/australi...-among-victims

“To clarify, the building on the property in which five of the bodies were found is a shed that had been converted to living quarters.
    It's my opinion if no link provided.

Misspellings due to fat fingers

Words matter.

You don't know what you don't know.

NEIGHBOURS have revealed hearing early morning gunshots after seven family members were found dead at a rural property south of Perth.

http://www.news.com.au/national/west...8861cdd0ce544a

A “male person” connected to the property called police early on Friday morning. It is believed the triple-0 call was made by the killer, a man who is among the dead.

In a Facebook post on her own page, Ms Miles described herself as the “parent of four beautiful children”.

It’s understood all four kids had autism and were homeschooled. Friends described her as a mother absolutely devoted to her children.

“Something woke me up around 4am. I heard quite a few gunshots and I thought, ‘That’s a bit strange, that’s an odd hour to be shooting kangaroos’,” she told Perth Now.

“(The shots) were separated out, there was quite a long gap between them. It wasn’t one after another.”

Snippets, more at link.

Words matter.

I cannot access it. Has it just been removed?
    I can still access it. Are you signed into FB?
    I believe in pink. I believe that laughing is the best calorie burner. I believe in kissing, kissing a lot. I believe in being strong when everything seems to be going wrong. I believe that happy girls are the prettiest girls. I believe that tomorrow is another day and I believe in miracles.
    - Audrey Hepburn

Quote Originally Posted by perfectingpink View Post
    I can still access it. Are you signed into FB?
    I don't use facebook, so that may be the problem

Quote Originally Posted by Elley Mae View Post
    A “male person” connected to the property called police early on Friday morning. It is believed the triple-0 call was made by the killer, a man who is among the dead.
    So that is either Katrina's father or one of her sons. Looking at the photo of the children the two boys really aren't old enough to sound like men on the phone, so that rather points to her father.

The question around the most likely scenario is what could have made her father snap and shoot the entire family and then himself?
    Last edited by MelmothTheLost; 05-11-2018 at 09:55 AM. Reason: typo

The people deceased were the mother, the four children and a set of grandparents? If it was a murder-suicide, no ex is involved.

Could be more to it..Katrina's FB has a different surname in the address bar so either she is living with the ex parents or her own parents. I have heard the former and also heard ex was stalking her. And the male caller was who, the grandpa? Doesn't really add up yet!

So that is either Katrina's father or one of her sons. Looking at the photo of the children the two boys really aren't old enough to sound like men on the phone, so that rather points to her father.

The question around the most likely scenario is what could have made her father snap and shoot the entire family and then himself?

The male being described as “connected to the property” I wonder if he is a farm hand.?

Words matter.

im thinking given the choice in eye wear that's her brother/s. With kids, grandma, grandpa so yeah more than likely not her in-laws. Hard for me to believe one of these people killed 7 people (might be more to it?), just so tragic

Page 1 of 37 1 2 3 11 ... LastLast