FRANCE - Paris stabbing rampage 1 dead, 3 injured, 12 May 2018

gregjrichards

Reaction score
At least one person has been killed after a knifeman went on a rampage in central Paris tonight before being shot dead by police.

Four people in total were injured in the city's Opera district, it was reported.

Two people, including the alleged attacked, died as the French government denounced the attack as 'odious'.

Journalist Charles Pellegrin said: 'I came out of a comedy show near Opera in central Paris and was immediately told to go back in because there was a madman with a knife.

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...ed-attack-bystanders-Paris.html#ixzz5FK1CR4w3

C400F9D6-11EB-44EE-9038-96291978B950.jpeg

AFP news agency @AFP
‏
#BREAKING Islamic State group claims responsibility for Paris attack, SITE monitor says

BBM

https://twitter.com/AFP/status/995432280410722304

DdB4hxyX0AADyOi.jpg

Prosecutors citing witnesses say a knifeman shouted "Allahu akbar" as he went on a rampage in central Paris, prompting the launch of a terror probe

BBM

Terrorist investigations will be handled by the Paris Prosecutor (also those outside Paris)

http://www.leparisien.fr/faits-dive...mme-a-terre-poignardee-13-05-2018-7712532.php

Milan, 19 years old, was present in the Opera district of Paris (IIe) Saturday evening during the attack.

"I was leaving the Quatre-Septembre metro when I saw a crowd of people running in all directions. It was 8:50 p.m.", Milan, 19, told us yesterday evening, present in the Opera district, very busy as every Saturday evening. A neighborhood where he lives. He walked along the rue du Quatre-Septembre then turned into the rue de la Michodière.

"I went to see valet parking. I took my headphones off and saw a woman stabbed to the ground," said the same witness. Someone was taking her pulse. A cyclist came out of a hotel with bandages all over his hands."

According to Milan, the victim, still conscious, had gray hair and was "in her sixties," he says. I've seen blood everywhere. She was injured in her leg, I heard she was hit in the neck but I couldn't see that," says the same young man. Then he heard gunshots." I went in that direction and ran into a policeman wearing a bulletproof vest, Milan tells us. He asked me where the victim was..." The young man pauses, in shock, then sighs: "I hope this woman will make it."

At 8:45 p.m., in the same Opera district, Alexis was having a drink on the terrace with his mother." At that moment, we heard gunshots," says the 24-year-old Parisian. I was very marked by the attacks of November 13. We all looked at each other. The restaurant manager said: Get inside! Get inside!" According to Alexis, he and his mother, as well as several people, were confined for an hour in the toilets of the facility." When I went out, I saw a dead man in a pool of blood, on his back, without knowing who he was," Alexis says.

The young Parisian finally breathes and confides: "It can happen to anyone, I already knew it. Seeing it for real is extremely scary. I feel a really weird uneasiness."

BBM

http://www.leparisien.fr/faits-dive...teau-au-coeur-de-paris-13-05-2018-7712520.php

A man in his twenties, still unidentified Saturday night, stabbed random passers-by in a tourist district of Paris. The toll was one dead and four injured.

A 29-year-old man died, a woman and another man were seriously injured. The toll this Saturday evening was already heavy. Passers-by were attacked at random by a man armed with a knife in the Opera district of Paris (IIe), a busy area where bars and theatres are numerous. A very popular place for tourists too. This indiscriminate attack in the crowd also left two people slightly injured and six in a state of shock.

According to initial testimony, the attacker - shot dead by the police - shouted "Allahou Akbar" twice at the time of the events. At midnight, the public prosecutor of Paris, François Molins, announced that he had referred the case to the anti-terrorist section of the Paris Public Prosecutor's Office.

This method of operation, feared by the intelligence services, is a reminder in cases of other knife attacks such as the one at the Saint-Charles station in Marseille (Bouches-du-Rhône) on 1 October, where two cousins had their throats slit by an Islamist terrorist, a Tunisian in an irregular situation shot dead by the soldiers of Operation Sentinel. In June 2017, a hammer attack against police officers occurred in front of Notre-Dame Cathedral. The latest fatal attack in Paris was against a police bus parked on the Champs-Elysées. Captain Xavier Jugelé, 37, was shot by a military gun.

On Saturday evening, a man was mortally stabbed in the throat by the assailant, who left the Quatre-Septembre metro station just before 9 p.m. and immediately, after getting rid of his coat, pulled out a knife before hitting passers-by between the streets of Choiseul and Monsigny.

Two other passers-by were seriously injured, two others more lightly. The attacker knocked on the doors of buildings and shops as if he were looking for victims to strike in the entrances of shops and lobbies.

He was pursued by police officers from the Place de l'Opéra. Peacekeepers from the 3rd District Police Emergency Unit first attempted to neutralize the suspect using a taser. Apparently, the man shouted and stood up to the police who still hoped to capture him alive. The electric pistol failed to neutralize the brown individual with semi-long hair and barely trimmed beard. According to several testimonies, the aggressor went in front of the police and launched "Shoot! Shoot" and another threatening "Kill me or I'll kill you! ». A peacekeeper fired two shots, but a single bullet would have hit the attacker above the heart. During this chase through the streets of the neighbourhood, a police officer was also slightly injured.

The neighbourhood was immediately sealed off by the police forces to facilitate the arrival of relief supplies on the spot. Firemen and Samu arrived in force from all over the capital. Saturday evening, the attacker, who had no papers, was still not identified but the Directorate General of Internal Security (DGIS) was on alert and was trying to put a name on his face. His fingerprints were taken by the police of the criminal brigade and the means of facial recognition used.

A psychological cell has been set up at the Hôtel-Dieu. The investigation has been referred to the homicide squad. And the possibility of a terrorist attack was being evaluated.

BBM

https://apnews.com/056aece3d42e4b4f...AP&utm_source=Twitter&utm_campaign=SocialFlow

The Islamic State group’s news agency claims that a man who stabbed five people in Paris was a “soldier” of the extremist movement.

The Aamaq news agency said in a statement early Sunday that the assailant carried out the Saturday night attack in response to the Islamic State group’s calls for supporters to target members of the U.S.-led military coalition squeezing the extremists out of Iraq and Syria.

BBM

Tweets by Rukmini Callimachi,
@rcallimachi
Correspondent for The New York Times covering ISIS. NBC contributor.

https://twitter.com/rcallimachi/status/995438083712667648

1. A man brandishing a knife killed one person and wounded at least four others in one of Paris’ chicest neighborhoods. Hours later, the Islamic State’s Amaq News Agency has claimed credit for it.

2. Here is the claim from Amaq, in Arabic followed by a translation on a pro-ISIS channel. They are calling him “a soldier of the Islamic State” (which is the term they use for their own fighters as well as anyone who carries out an attack in their name).

1DdCCdQAU0AAH0vP.jpg large.jpg

3. The bulletin says that the attacker carried out the violence “in response to calls to target Coalition countries.” By now, we should all know this phrase. It’s a quote from a famous speech by Abu Muhammad al-Adnani, the group’s deceased spokesman.

4. In the speech they are referencing, Adnani instructed ISIS’ global followers to strike wherever they are, using whatever means they can, and he specifically singled out knives as a mode of attack. When we see that phrase it’s a tip-off that ISIS sees this as an inspired attack

5. We don’t know much about the attacker, but according to @AFP, Paris’ prosecutor is citing witnesses who claim they heard the assailant scream, “Allah Akbar.”

BBM

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...nifeman-launched-attack-bystanders-Paris.html

An Islamic State terrorist who arrived in France as a refugee from war-torn Chechnya launched a nine-minute lethal knife rampage in Paris before being gunned down, it emerged today.

The 20-year-old, named as Khamzat Asinov, murdered one man and severely wounded four others in the attacks close to the historic Opera Garnier, in the centre of the city.

Hours afterwards, his parents were both arrested at the family home in Paris, where they have lived since fleeing Chechnya in the early 2000s.

He was also on an anti-terror watchlist of suspected extremists, sources close said today.

BBM

Fiché S .... there are so many, French LE cannot keep an eye on them all ....

Among the many mistakes that Europe made is letting these Chechen in. If Putin doesn't want them, one better pays attention, but once again, EU-authorities never asked if this would be a good idea at all. Spoiler: it wasn't. Sadly, Belgium is another case

:gaah:

Jenan Moussa
Roving reporter Arabic Al Aan TV. I mainly report on Middle East topics
@jenanmoussa verfied account

https://twitter.com/jenanmoussa/status/995700426593980416

1. "I record this video to pledge allegiance to the caliph Abi Bakr al-Baghdadi al-Husseini al-Qurashi", Paris attacker says in video published just now by ISIS propaganda wing.

1DdFwPC3WsAAq_Dv.jpg

2. This video is relevant because it proves that the Paris attacker was at least connected digitally with ISIS before the attack.

3. In the video, the alleged Paris attacker is repeating the same talking points we heard from previous ISIS attackers in west. Basically he is urging others to carry out attacks in "land of Kufr" if you cant make it to ISIS controlled territories.

4. "They closed hijrah doors in our faces so let's hit them in their heartland," alleged Paris attacker says. It seems admission that the more difficult it is to reach ISIS controlled territories, the more likely ISIS supporters are to attack in countries where they are based.

BBM

https://www.bfmtv.com/police-justic...resente-a-un-juge-antiterroriste-1447845.html

According to our information, Abdul Hakim Anaiev, the friend of Khamzat Azimov, the author of the knife attack that killed one person and injured four on Saturday in Paris, was brought before an anti-terrorist judge on Thursday for possible indictment.

He was arrested on Sunday afternoon in Strasbourg, before being transferred on Monday to the headquarters of the DGSI (Directorate General of Internal Security) in Levallois.

BBM

RICIN ATTACK FOILED BY FRENCH POLICE, TWO EGYPTIANS ARRESTED

BFMTV
https://www.bfmtv.com/police-justice/un-attentat-au-poison-evite-selon-gerard-collomb-1448293.html

An attack, probably with ricin, a very powerful poison, has been foiled by the French services, the Minister of the Interior Gérard Collomb announced on Friday. The two Egyptian brothers who were preparing this attack were arrested.

A new terrorist attack has been foiled by the French services, the Minister of the Interior Gérard Collomb announced on Friday. Two brothers "of Egyptian origin" were arrested while they were preparing to commit an attack "either with ricin - this very strong poison -, or with explosive", explained this Friday on our channel the former mayor of Lyon.

"They had tutorials on how to build ricin-based poisons. They were two brothers," said the head of Place Beauvau.

"We happen to follow a number of people on networks. Turns out they were on Telegram. We were able to detect them, detect this planned attack and stop them," said Gérard Collomb.

This announcement comes almost a week after the jihadist knife attack in Paris which left one dead and five wounded.

BBM

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mona Lisa