'Yanny' or 'Laurel' debate divides the Internet

Laurel

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-J320A using Tapatalk

I hear "Yanny" when it is played on TV and on my laptop but when it was played on the radio, I heard "Laurel".

Yanny all the time, doesn't matter what device or volume or video! Always Yanny!

LOL, first time I listened I clearly heard a combination of the two words.

YA REL

Now I heard Laurel.

Very clearly Yanny to me. They played the sped-up version on the radio this morning and that one sounded like laurel.

whoo boy.....I listened on the radio and heard "Mary" with a very soft M

Laurel!
But my kid, standing right next to me listening hears "Yanny"...
So weird.

This is crazy, how can it sound like yanny when it sounds like laurel ? :thinking:

this is like that "is this dress black or gold" debate of years past.

I agree - it's click bait, but I also welcome any silly or positive nonsense stories in the midst of such a rough time in the US right now.

That said, however, I ain't clicking.

Lol. Yanny I do not hear laurel. However, just like the blue and gold dress, I was able to get to a place where visually I could see the shift in front of my eyes

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Is it just a wind up? I can only hear one and can't understand how others hear the other, too linguistically different.

Anyway, it made me think of the Liberty / Abby tape, where the man is saying that one word. How could anything be proven in a court of law if it's possible different people genuinely hear different things?

Have I just been gotcha'd? If so my excuse is I'm knackered (11:30pm)

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrsrb10
Back