What if this is true? OMG my heart

yikes.. she sounds like a :doh: not a :liar: poor lady :(

:doh: How would she know that it was her ticket that was the winning one.. :confused:

You would think someone would have picked the ticket up..!! :p

SOMETHING ABOUT THIS DOESN'T MAKE SENSE..!! :waitasec:

CLEVELAND, Ohio (AP) -- Someone turned in a valid ticket for the $162 million Mega Millions multistate lottery jackpot, the Ohio Lottery said Tuesday, a day after a woman claimed she lost the winning ticket outside the convenience store where it was sold.

Ohio Lottery spokeswoman Mardele Cohen said the winner would be revealed at an 11:30 a.m. EST press conference. Cohen would not comment on whether the winner was Elecia Battle, the woman who filed a police report saying she lost the ticket last week.

Battle told police she dropped her purse as she left the Quick Shop Food Mart last week after buying the ticket. She said she realized after the drawing last Tuesday that the ticket was missing.

http://www.cnn.com/2004/US/Midwest/01/06/lottery.ticket.ap/index.html

Winning ticket turned in for $162M jackpot

CLEVELAND, Ohio (AP) -- A woman turned in the winning $162 million Mega Millions lottery ticket Tuesday, saying she came forward sooner than planned because she was angered by another woman's claim that she bought the ticket and lost it.

Rebecca Jemison, a hospital worker from South Euclid, turned in the ticket for the 11-state jackpot at Ohio Lottery headquarters, officials said. The lottery validated it Tuesday morning as the sole winning ticket for the Dec. 30 drawing.

"I think I checked it about five or six times to make sure to see was it real," Jemison said at a news conference at lottery headquarters.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
You can read more here...Winning ticket

Well I guess she was a :liar: LOL

Nice try though!

There is something on the Smoking Gun website today about the woman who supposedly lost her ticket. Seems all that lottery authorities would have to do is ask her when and where she bought the ticket. That info should be stored in lottery computers and easily retrieved. But geez, if the ticket was lost that's a real and if this lady gets money by making such a claim it will happen ALL the time. I think this lady is lying as she's involved in other schemes and lawsuits. I feel sorry for the woman who actually did win because of the hassle she now faces.

I just read that the lady who came forward with the winning ticket also provided other tickets purchased at the same time same place and old tickets with the same numbers as the winning ticket. The other lady must have been lying or confused.

Woman files suit in lotto case

Rebecca Jemison, left, talks with reporters after claiming the $162 million Mega Millions jackpot Tuesday. (AP /Luke Palmisano)
CLEVELAND (AP) - Two women - one with a ticket, one tearfully without - lay claim to a $162 million US lottery jackpot Tuesday, triggering a legal dispute that could come down to "finder's keepers" or fraud.

Elecia Battle went to police Monday with the teary story of a lottery ticket lost outside a convenience store, and a small crowd with flashlights soon gathered in the snowy parking lot in search of the precious paper scrap. Tuesday morning, Rebecca Jemison said Battle's claim prompted her to quit stalling, submit her ticket and collect the prize from the Dec. 30 drawing.

"I was angry at first, but not worried at all," said Jemison, 34. "I knew what I possessed."

Police, who originally said Battle, 40, had told a credible story about losing the winning ticket, are now investigating whether she lied in a police report, a misdemeanour punishable by 30 days to six months in jail.

Jemison turned in the ticket for the 11-state Mega Millions jackpot at Ohio Lottery headquarters. The lottery validated it Tuesday as the sole winning ticket for the drawing and Ohio Lottery Director Dennis Kennedy said the lottery is confident Jemison bought the ticket, not found it.

As proof, Jemison provided another ticket purchased at the same time and place as the winning ticket and had an outdated lottery ticket that showed she had played the same numbers in the prior drawing, Kennedy said.

Battle immediately filed suit Tuesday seeking to halt any payout to the winner.

"My ticket was lost. I do recall all the numbers. They are all somehow family-related. No one can tell me what I did and did not play. I did it honestly and I have no doubt," Battle told The Associated Press at the office of her lawyer, Sheldon Starke.

Battle's suggestion on television that she had bought and lost the winning ticket "made me laugh," Jemison said.

"Let authorities handle her," she said. "It's very unfortunate that someone would think of something like this."

The lottery commission had no immediate comment on the lawsuit, said spokeswoman Mardele Cohen. Jemison, who said she had waited to come forward because she wanted to speak with a lawyer and accountant, could not be reached for comment after the suit was filed.

Jemison, who handles telephone and doctor paging duties at a suburban hospital, said she is looking forward to buying a new home, taking a vacation and sharing her prize with her family. She and her husband, Sam, have a 12-year-old daughter.

She took her winnings in an immediate lump sum of $94 million, before taxes. After taxes, it will be worth an estimated $67.2 million.

Full Story at CNEWS

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Starlight86
Back