SC - Kenneth Hinson for abduction, rape of 2 teens, Darlington, 2006

ajc2804

Reaction score
COLUMBIA, S.C. -- Authorities in South Carolina are looking for a convicted sex offender. They suspect the man of raping two teens in an underground dungeon behind his home.

Police allege that Kenneth Hinson took a 17-year-old girl from a Darlington County mobile home while she was sleeping Monday night. Police said he bound her mouth, sexually assaulted her, then left her in the underground room. It's described as not much larger than a closet with a four-foot ceiling.

http://www.wjactv.com/news/8061650/detail.html

ajc2804 said:
COLUMBIA, S.C. -- Authorities in South Carolina are looking for a convicted sex offender. They suspect the man of raping two teens in an underground dungeon behind his home.

Police allege that Kenneth Hinson took a 17-year-old girl from a Darlington County mobile home while she was sleeping Monday night. Police said he bound her mouth, sexually assaulted her, then left her in the underground room. It's described as not much larger than a closet with a four-foot ceiling.

http://www.wjactv.com/news/8061650/detail.html

Crap. Another Duncan.

http://www.wral.com/news/8061650/detail.html

"Shortly before his release from prison in 2000, the state attorney general recommended Hinson be committed indefinitely to a Department of Mental Health facility as a sexually violent predator.

Attorney general's spokesman Trey Walker said the case against Hinson was dismissed by a judge and he was released. Hinson had registered as a sex offender as required by law." http://www.wjactv.com/news/8061650/detail.html

Well here is another example of a judge releasing a sex offender and him re-offending. Lock them up and throw away the key!

The situation has many residents in the area very concerned about their safety.

Some say they had no idea that a registered sex offender, lived a couple blocks down the road.

Residents living in the area say they can hardly describe the sense of fear and shock that's surrounding the neighborhood.

Many say they had no idea that a sex offender lived right around the corner.

Others say even though they knew about Hinson, they had no idea something like this might happen.

Daniel Vixon and his family moved into their home about two weeks ago.

He had no idea then, that a sex offender lived right across the street.
http://www.wbtw.com/servlet/Satellite?pagename=WBTW/MGArticle/BTW_BasicArticle&c=MGArticle&cid=1137834740044&path=

It is so important to know who the sexual offenders are that are living in your area. I live in a small town but have several registered offenders. I know where all of them live and check the registery regulary to see if new ones have been added.

http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,188200,00.html

This shows his picture (not sure if other links did).

Personally, he'll do eveyone a HUGE FAVOR BY HANGING HIMSELF. So sick of these PR*Cks getting out just to reoffend.

WHEN PEOPLE???????????

WHEN IS JUSTICE GOING TO GET SERIOUS.

YOU RAPE A CHILD = PRISON FOR LIFE.
YOU KILL THAT CHILD = DEATH PENALTY.

NO IFS ANDS OR BUTS. PERIOD.

WHEN WILL OUR CHILDREN MATTER?

:furious: :furious: :furious:

COLUMBIA, S.C. - Authorities captured a convicted sex offender after a day-long search that involved police officers, bloodhounds and helicopters. The man is wanted in connection with the rape of two teenage girls in an underground room behind his home.

No details were immediately available about the capture of 47-year-old Kenneth Glenn Hinson.

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/11875550/

HARTSVILLE, S.C. — Authorities say Kenneth Glenn Hinson, 47, charged with raping two 17-year-old girls in an underground room has been captured.

U.S. marshals tell FOXNews Hinson was caught around 5:20pm Friday afternoon near the woods less than a mile from the crime scene, down the street from his own house in northeastern South Carolina.

Darlington County police officials said at a news conference that deputies entered a back yard at approximately 5:11pm Friday where they found Hinson. When they told him to lie down, he complied, and a weapon was found in his possession.

Police say they concentrated on the woods believing Hinson had begun to flee on foot. The arrest came on information based on a tip.

Chief Deputy Tom Gainey said police had received a call from a residence of a relative nearby Hinson's house. Upon Hinson's arrest, Hinson said he was thirsty and that's why he had come to the house, because he knew the occupant
http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,188200,00.html
:clap: Well done to the person who called LE

They got him. Well done LE. Wait to go! WHOOHOO. My hat is off to you all who searched out this freaking inbred slug who disguises himself as human.

Now do away with this piece of trash. Toss him head first in a garbage 100 feet deep and walk away.

From a video at the SacBee, it was requested that the guy be placed in a mental institution. But the judge refused and released him. Prosecutors do all they can to convict this creeps...seems like alot of these mistakes in sentencing lead back to "judges". Truthfully, are judges ever really held accountable?

cathieq said:
From a video at the SacBee, it was requested that the guy be placed in a mental institution. But the judge refused and released him. Prosecutors do all they can to convict this creeps...seems like alot of these mistakes in sentencing lead back to "judges". Truthfully, are judges ever really held accountable?
"Shortly before his release from prison in 2000, the state attorney general recommended Hinson be committed indefinitely to a Department of Mental Health facility as a sexually violent predator.

Attorney general's spokesman Trey Walker said the case against Hinson was dismissed by a judge and he was released.

I think that this Judge should be held accountable for this. There would not be two new victims if he had not been released. Bill O'Riley really goes after Judges who make stupid decisions such as this. I wonder if he is aware of this case?

I just saw this story on the news today - those poor girls were lucky to escape - they could have easily died down there.

I have a stupid question. If these girls were missing, and the police knew there was a sex offender in the neighborhood, then why weren't they searching his property? Were they?

It's sickening that he was released - rehab is not the answer with these animals. They are just predators who will keep acting a certain way till they die, and there is no other answer but to keep them locked up.

Nothing is bad enough for this animal. I wish him "fun" in prison, where he will be locked in with the other animals. :behindbar :clap:

I suppose there won't be any info about the 2 girls as they'll probably be protected from the media.

They said it was a miracle these girls walked out of that dungeon. He had taped the air vents closed and they said he didn't plan to go back and so they would have suffocated in there.

Thank God for miracles.

Scandi

:furious: :furious: :furious: :furious: :furious: :furious:

The same judge who released him, against all recommendations, is now presiding over his preliminary hearing. Judge told the media he doesn't remember the case. Prosecutor is going to ask for life without parole. Much more at this link:

http://www.courttv.com/news/2006/1026/kenneth_hinson_ap.html

DARLINGTON, S.C. - A jury has found a convicted sex offender accused of raping two teen girls in an underground bunker not guilty of kidnapping, sex crimes and assault with intent to kill.

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20070423/ap_on_re_us/underground_dungeon

Wow, the jury took the word of a convicted child rapist over both girls and LE. He claimed the sex was consensual and the girls made up the rape story so they could steal the marijuana he had stashed in the bunker.

I thought this case was a slam dunk. The guy ran after the girls escaped and, was found with a gun. Can anybody enlighten me as to why the jury bought this creep's story.

imo it because women lie about rape. every time 1 woman makes the news because she lied about such a horrible crime hundreds of women pay. add to that people who cant tell the difference between tv and real life and u get this. no csi guy showed at the last moment to save the day with a clue that proved the story 1 way or the other. so you are left with 12 people who think there must be proof 1 way or the other(csi) and the belief that women will lie(duke case). now it just 1 guys word against 2 girls. i doubt the jury was told of the fact he was a convicted rapist. after all that would be unfair to the poor guy. now the public can sit back and wait til he acts again. he will. then the jury can say its not their fault.... kinda reminds me of samantha runnion's case.

a quote from samantha's mom
Erin Runnion said, "I blame every juror who let him go, every juror who sat on that trial and believed this man over those little girls, I will never understand. And that is why he was out. And that is why his sickness was allowed to do this."

We don't know what evidence was presented... maybe these girls had done this kind of thing in the past?

I am in no way applauding the verdict... the fact he is a SO speaks volumes (why is he even on the streets anyways????)

These girls .. as far as my memory recalls were kept prisoners..

WTF?? who was paid off, bribed or otherwise?
He admitted that the girls thought they could steal his drugs?
OK, good then Nail his A$$ on that:)
At last check drug violations warrant a harsher sentence anyways.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Melladanielle
Back