Found Deceased MO - Barbara Johnson, 62, Maplewood, 16 May 2018

cybervampira

Reaction score
Maplewood police are looking for missing woman

MAPLEWOOD, Mo. (KMOV.com) -
Maplewood police are looking for a missing woman.
a84c4b25e893be898f203c2f40554ade.jpg

Barbara Johnson, 62, was last seen at 3 p.m. on May 16 at the 7200 block of Manchester Rd.

Johnson is 4’10”, and weighs 85 lbs. She has brown hair and hazel eyes. She was last seen wearing a black hat, black blouse and black pants.

Anyone with information on Johnson’s whereabouts are encouraged to call the Maplewood PD at 314-645-3000.

Article: http://www.kmov.com/story/38227188/maplewood-woman-reported-missing
Maplewood Missouri PD: https://www.facebook.com/MaplewoodMOPD/posts/585346571849521:0

Missing Maplewood woman's purse, medications found dumped along busy thoroughfare

MAPLEWOOD • A missing Maplewood woman's family says the discovery of her purse and its contents dumped in the middle of a busy thoroughfare has turned her missing person case into that of an endangered person.

[...]

Her daughter-in-law, Elizabeth Ashley, said Johnson suffers from heart problems, arthritis, anxiety, bipolar disorder and alcoholism. She takes medication for her conditions.

Robinson's only child, Charles "Gary" Martin, last spoke to her about 6:45 a.m. on Mother's Day.

"She was argumentative, she didn't want to talk, they had a short conversation and he hung up the phone," Ashley said of her husband. "He thought he would just call her in a few days like usual."

Four days later, one of Johnson's neighbors asked if they had seen her. They called her cellphone, and a Maplewood detective answered, Ashley said.

An officer had found Johnson's purse and its contents along the 2800 block of Laclede Station Road, in front of Johnson's apartment building. That included her medications and bus pass because she doesn't drive, Ashley said.

Johnson's live-in boyfriend answered the door for police at her apartment, Ashley said, and they arrested him for outstanding warrants.

Ashley said Johnson is known to police because of her conditions.

"She's had her issues with police in the past, but at the same time, for us right now, that's a benefit because every officer knows who she is and what she looks like and how to better look for her," Ashley said. "They are looking for her hard. Every person we have contacted, police have already talked to them."

[...]

http://www.stltoday.com/news/local/...cle_21055ad6-12b9-5e70-b6a5-1e8524049fb6.html

Looking at the FB comments it appears everyone knows her around the neighborhood. Hope they can help them find her.

I don't know who has spread this story so much but I wanna express my sincere gratitude to you for doing so.
Yes, the neighborhood is looking hard for her, and the Maplewood police are out in force looking very hard for her. We just want her brought home.

Missing Maplewood woman's purse, medications found dumped along busy thoroughfare

MAPLEWOOD • A missing Maplewood woman's family says the discovery of her purse and its contents dumped in the middle of a busy thoroughfare has turned her missing person case into that of an endangered person.

[...]

Her daughter-in-law, Elizabeth Ashley, said Johnson suffers from heart problems, arthritis, anxiety, bipolar disorder and alcoholism. She takes medication for her conditions.

Robinson's only child, Charles "Gary" Martin, last spoke to her about 6:45 a.m. on Mother's Day.

"She was argumentative, she didn't want to talk, they had a short conversation and he hung up the phone," Ashley said of her husband. "He thought he would just call her in a few days like usual."

Four days later, one of Johnson's neighbors asked if they had seen her. They called her cellphone, and a Maplewood detective answered, Ashley said.

An officer had found Johnson's purse and its contents along the 2800 block of Laclede Station Road, in front of Johnson's apartment building. That included her medications and bus pass because she doesn't drive, Ashley said.

Johnson's live-in boyfriend answered the door for police at her apartment, Ashley said, and they arrested him for outstanding warrants.

Ashley said Johnson is known to police because of her conditions.

"She's had her issues with police in the past, but at the same time, for us right now, that's a benefit because every officer knows who she is and what she looks like and how to better look for her," Ashley said. "They are looking for her hard. Every person we have contacted, police have already talked to them."

[...]

http://www.stltoday.com/news/local/...cle_21055ad6-12b9-5e70-b6a5-1e8524049fb6.html

BBM

I hope that the BF is allowing LE to comb through their apartment and his vehicle (and/or any vehicle he might have had access to).

We know her apartment has been sealed off just in case it is considered a crime scene.
The boyfriend doesn't drive to our knowledge, but police are not letting him go anytime soon. I can guarantee that.

We know her apartment has been sealed off just in case it is considered a crime scene.
The boyfriend doesn't drive to our knowledge, but police are not letting him go anytime soon. I can guarantee that.

LizzieBorden713,

I am so sorry for what you and your family are going through.

It is good to know that the authorities have the apartment secured and that the boyfriend is in custody.

I hope that Barbara’s phone had not been tampered with when it was found by the officer, and that they are able to recover useful information from it. I also hope that they have been able to seize the boyfriend’s phone.

Praying that she is found very soon.

Did she like to go to bars or drink at home? Wondering if she has a favorite hang out to try and get a better time frame of when she was last seen.

"They noticed her bank accounts were drained and her rent hadn’t been paid. Maplewood police said she was last spotted on street cameras near the intersection of Manchester Road and Laclede Station Road last Tuesday."

Son of missing Maplewood woman: 'We are going to find her, we're going to get answers'

Hoping that this info can help them find her or who had her account info/debit card. Leading them to her eventually.

This is very sad. She appeared to be liked by everyone. LizzieBorden713, I am hoping you find some answers to this very soon! What an awful experiences for families to endure. Wishing you all the best!

Human Remains Are Those of Missing Maplewood Woman
The human remains found along railroad tracks in St. Louis have been identified as those of a Maplewood woman missing since May.
Gary Martin told the St. Louis Post-Dispatch Wednesday that Maplewood detectives told him the remains were of his mother, 62-year-old Barbara Johnson. St. Louis police call her death "suspicious," and homicide detectives are investigating.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Drury Lane
Back