NEW New Namus public site no longer posts DNA or dental information?

Does anyone know if the new Namus site is permanently withholding all DNA/dental information for both unidentified and missing persons to the public?

Anyone? :lurk:

I'm just wondering how things will pan out, if public members of this forum will have to ask for confirmation of the availability of DNA or dentals from members of this forum with full access/LE accounts?

I'm sure I'm like most of you and wouldn't want to bog down Namus with potential matches, if there is no information regarding availability of forensic identifiers. It most certainly would limit my participation.

That seems pretty silly to exclude the available / not available info. I hope they don't leave it out.

Anyone? :lurk:

I'm just wondering how things will pan out, if public members of this forum will have to ask for confirmation of the availability of DNA or dentals from members of this forum with full access/LE accounts?

I'm sure I'm like most of you and wouldn't want to bog down Namus with potential matches, if there is no information regarding availability of forensic identifiers. It most certainly would limit my participation.

I read the comments on Todd Mathews fb page (he is the director of Namus) wherein someone was told by a member of Namus that the information would not be available to the general public any longer, unfortunately.

I read the comments on Todd Mathews fb page (he is the director of Namus) wherein someone was told by a member of Namus that the information would not be available to the general public any longer, unfortunately.

Thanks so much Suglo.
It's unfortunate. Well, it certainly curtails my interest in submitting any possible matches, without knowing if they have any forensic identifiers available. I suppose that may be one of their goals.

Thanks so much Suglo.
It's unfortunate. Well, it certainly curtails my interest in submitting any possible matches, without knowing if they have any forensic identifiers available. I suppose that may be one of their goals.
I agree with you but on the other hand others may just send in “matches” left and right without any consideration. They haven’t explained their decision but I would love to know the reason for it.

IMO ... NAMUS will be bombarded with more submittal's than ever before just due to the fact their are no identifiers view-able by the public. In turn someone will just submit a possible match based on circumstances or a potential look a like not knowing if their is or is not DNA in the systems that would rule out automatically anyway. Not having it viewable is going to be wasted time on their part.

Just saw this from the welcome to the new forum thread.

Whaaat?!

Maybe.. maybe

It’s good we don’t just assume a UID and someone has been compared just because they both have DNA/dentals and we send in matches anyway?

Maybe they want us to stop altogether lol.

IMO ... NAMUS will be bombarded with more submittal's than ever before just due to the fact their are no identifiers view-able by the public.
Exactly! A lot of people would just submit a match not knowing whether it was ruled out or not.... A lot of time could be wasted that way by people and NAMUS staff. IMO they should bring the information back... I wonder why it was removed in the first place?

Exactly! A lot of people would just submit a match not knowing whether it was ruled out or not.... A lot of time could be wasted that way by people and NAMUS staff. IMO they should bring the information back... I wonder why it was removed in the first place?

Good Question... why was it removed. Remember a long time back dental charts were viewable and then it was removed, not a big deal as that we still were able to see if the UID had DNA, Fingerprints or Dental available. Something is better than nothing as it stands right now

I thought someone said that you could see what unidentified remains cases missing people have been ruled out for in NamUs now? I'm not seeing it, along with the dentals, DNA, etc, that others have noticed missing. Bummer!

I thought someone said that you could see what unidentified remains cases missing people have been ruled out for in NamUs now? I'm not seeing it, along with the dentals, DNA, etc, that others have noticed missing. Bummer!
You can see the rule outs still - check under "comparisons" (between images & documents and contacts), actually you can see it on both MP pages and UID pages now instead of just UID pages. You can also see a number up n the top right hand corner, under "exclusions".

I'm still mad about DNA/dentals/etc.

You can see the rule outs still - check under "comparisons" (between images & documents and contacts), actually you can see it on both MP pages and UID pages now instead of just UID pages. You can also see a number up n the top right hand corner, under "exclusions".

I don't see it.

Me too Rats :mad::(:mad::( .... Bring the DNA back o_O

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wdavewong