Found Deceased AR - Brennen “Bryn” Willis, 28, Little Rock, 19 May 2018

Paddleboarder

Former Member
Reaction score
Brennen “Bryn” Willis, age 28, resides in O'Fallon, IL and was in Little Rock, AR to attend a wedding on Saturday, May 19, 2018. He left the Courtyard Little Rock Downtown located at 521 President Clinton Avenue to go for a jog around 10:30 p.m. on the 19th. His last contact was via Snapchat at 11:30 p.m. from the area of the Robinson Center located at 426 W. Markham St. - about .8 mile from his hotel. Bryn was last seen wearing green athletic shorts, an orange t-shirt, black socks, and gray running shoes with orange bottoms. He had his ID, debit card, and room key with him. He also took his phone, but it is now either off or the battery is dead.

Case #2018-060367

https://www.facebook.com/MissingPiecesNetwork/posts/1820050631634440
27881643fbe684d2ae7bc4b709584d92.jpg

Susan Willis, spent all Sunday searching the city for her son.
"I'm scared out of my mind," she said. "Something is wrong. He would never just leave or do anything. He'd want to be with us."

It was supposed to be a weekend getaway. The family drove in from Illinois for a friend's wedding Saturday night.

Brennen's brother Rick said they debated going to a bar after the ceremony but never did. Instead Brennen went on a run.

"He came into our room to get his shoes and that's the last we saw him," Rick said. "A little weird that he was running at night in a strange city, but he was trying to relieve some stress, but nothing seemed out of the ordinary at the time."

http://www.fox16.com/news/local-new...es-missing-in-downtown-little-rock/1190199963

may he have met someone on a social app and was lured somewhere?

This is right by the river... [emoji53]

Sent from my SM-G930VL using Tapatalk

Also, not the kind of place I would want to go for a run after dark.

Sent from my SM-G930VL using Tapatalk

957edb71c5385bc51e9796e30869ad60.jpg

The river is where my first thought goes. We’ve seen it so often with 20-something males.

I’m getting an Andrew jarzyk vibe. Andrew went out for a run after a night out and was found a month later in the Hudson River. I hope this case has a better outcome.

Susan Willis, spent all Sunday searching the city for her son.
"I'm scared out of my mind," she said. "Something is wrong. He would never just leave or do anything. He'd want to be with us."

It was supposed to be a weekend getaway. The family drove in from Illinois for a friend's wedding Saturday night.

Brennen's brother Rick said they debated going to a bar after the ceremony but never did. Instead Brennen went on a run.

"He came into our room to get his shoes and that's the last we saw him," Rick said. "A little weird that he was running at night in a strange city, but he was trying to relieve some stress, but nothing seemed out of the ordinary at the time."

http://www.fox16.com/news/local-new...es-missing-in-downtown-little-rock/1190199963

BBM

It may not mean anything, but it’s a little concerning, IMO. It appears something was bothering him to the point where he said something to his brother about it.

Still, what concerns me the most is how close he was to the river when he sent his last SnapChat.

This happened right after a wedding. Had he had much to drink? Could he have been trying to take a photo right on the edge of the river and lost his footing (which I’ve done myself, only while climbing to the top of Yosemite Falls).

I hope app companies such as SnapChat are cooperating with LE and providing location info.

Friends in Little Rock and the Arkansas area are sharing this man's story all over FB. I was in Little Rock a few months ago and down town had some buildings being renovated. Trying to see how far the bar I was at and where he was last seen is.

I'm local to this one. My first thought when I heard his location and that he'd gone running to relieve stress at 10:30 p.m. after a wedding reception is that he jumped off the bridge. Curious to know if he'd been struggling with depression.

The area where he was last seen is not a bad area of town*. If you cross the Broadway bridge, though, it can be a little dicier.

*I mean, ANY area can be a "bad" area with the right elements, but Robinson Center is not located in a crime-infested part of the city.

I was on President Clinton Avenue at Willy D's. There was some strange "characters" in the area, it was a Saturday night. My friend could not bring her gun into the bar so she felt weird and we walked real fast to our cars. We were both from different areas ( me in Mo and her in Fayetteville). Could he have been mugged while on his jog?

I was on President Clinton Avenue at Willy D's. There was some strange "characters" in the area, it was a Saturday night. My friend could not bring her gun into the bar so she felt weird and we walked real fast to our cars. We were both from different areas ( me in Mo and her in Fayetteville). Could he have been mugged while on his jog?
YES , there is no way I would run down there , I'm from Fayetteville too, I lived in LR for a few years it can be scary anywhere by the river there , even in the nicer areas !

I lived downtown in the River Market area for three years. I'm a woman, and I walked alone and with my husband at night plenty of times and never had a problem. Strange characters can be anywhere these days.

UPDATE: KATV's Matt Mershon quotes homicide detectives as saying the body carried the ID of Brennan Willis, the 28-year-old Illinois man last seen by family when he left a downtown hotel for a run about 10:30 p.m. Saturday. No word yet about cause of death.

How awful. May he rest in peace. It does seem something may have been bothering him or on his mind. I hope for his families sake this was an accident. My heart goes out to his family.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mhenderson
Back