GUILTY NC - Man took family to lunch, left table and drove car into restaurant, killing 2, May 2018

SuziQ

Former Member
Reaction score
BESSEMER CITY, N.C. —
A man intentionally rammed a vehicle into a North Carolina restaurant busy serving Sunday lunch, killing his daughter and another person and injuring several others, authorities said.
Bessemer City Police said in a statement that preliminary evidence indicates Roger Self, 62, purposely smashed his way into the Surf and Turf Lodge where reports say families were eating a relaxed midday meal.....

http://amp.wlwt.com/article/police-suspect-faces-2-murder-charges/20766305

#UPDATE: Pastor Rammell says Roger Self & his family left church and headed to the restaurant. They had drinks and appetizers when Roger got up and left the table. They noticed his car was "circling the parking lot" & the next thing they knew, "he came through the window." @wcnc
https://twitter.com/ariel_plasencia/status/998583843178369024?s=21

Pastor: Deputy Kate Self made the lunch reservation after church. She wanted her family to just have a good time with their dad. Roger got up, circled in the parking lot and came through the window. @FOX46News
b79e6f29f5e7e881047c65d4c4d68250.jpg

https://twitter.com/annwyattonfox46/status/998583522674823168?s=21

He rammed his car into a table that seated his wife, his son and his DIL and their 13 yr old daughter, and his own daughter. wow

this is from the link in the OP:

Pastor Austin Rammell, the minister of Venture Church where the Self family attended, told the Gaston Gazette that Roger Self had recently been battling depression and mental illness. In the past two months, his condition reportedly had worsened. He would go days without getting out of bed and became paranoid. He felt he was evil, friends said.

“He has been a shining light as to what it means to love people and then all of a sudden, about two months ago, it was like someone flipped a switch. I had never met this man,” said Rammell. “Taylor (Roger Self’s third child) is saying (today), ‘This is not my daddy.’”

He rammed his car into a table that seated his wife, his son and his DIL and their 13 yr old daughter, and his own daughter. wow

this is from the link in the OP:

Pastor Austin Rammell, the minister of Venture Church where the Self family attended, told the Gaston Gazette that Roger Self had recently been battling depression and mental illness. In the past two months, his condition reportedly had worsened. He would go days without getting out of bed and became paranoid. He felt he was evil, friends said.

“He has been a shining light as to what it means to love people and then all of a sudden, about two months ago, it was like someone flipped a switch. I had never met this man,” said Rammell. “Taylor (Roger Self’s third child) is saying (today), ‘This is not my daddy.’”

Mind boggling.

and certain laws or lack of contributes , when the signs are there like the paranoia. he should not have had keys to a 4000lb vehicle when are we going to take mental health seriously ....I'm mean good lord they saw this coming...whats it going to take to get it...when a normal person acts weird for months DO SOMETHING! and back to the DO what? I don't know , obviously no one else does either because it keeps happening

Many people in Gaston County's law enforcement community have long considered Roger Self a friend, which leaves many questions about why he drove his Jeep through a Bessemer City restaurant on Sunday, killing two family members and injuring three others in the process.

District Attorney Locke Bell, who said he has known Self for more than 30 years, said the prominent Dallas businessman will face two counts of first-degree murder in the deaths of his daughter, Katelyn Self, who was a deputy with the Gaston County Sheriff's Office, and his daughter-in-law, Amanda Self, a nurse at CaroMont Regional Medical Center.
http://www.shelbystar.com/news/2018...background-in-law-enforcement?template=ampart

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dil2288
Back