Canada - Cadbury Eggs Recall in Canada

Dark Knight

Reaction score
HEALTH HAZARD ALERT

PIECES OF HARD PLASTIC IN 39 g CADBURY CARAMILK, CARAMILK MAPLE AND CARAMILK CAFÉ CHOCOLATE EGGS

OTTAWA, March 1, 2006 - The Canadian Food Inspection Agency (CFIA) and Cadbury Adams Canada Inc., are warning the public not to consume 39 g Cadbury Caramilk, Caramilk Maple and Caramilk Café chocolate eggs described below because these may contain pieces of hard plastic.

The following Cadbury chocolate eggs are affected by this alert:

Chocolate Egg/ Size &Weight/ UPC
Caramilk/ 39g/ 0 615712 4
Caramilk Maple/ 39g/ 0 615882 2
Caramilk Café /39g/ 0 615892 93
Eggs Caramilk /3 x 39g/ 0 61200 05431 66
Eggs Multi pack /6x 39g/ 0 61200 00581 312
Eggs Multi pack /12 x39g/ 0 61200 21134 4

These products are individually wrapped in a foil. These eggs are sold in singles as well as in multi packs containing three, six or twelve eggs with or without other flavours. Only the Caramilk chocolate eggs described above are affected. These chocolate eggs have been distributed nationally.

Consumption of these products may result in an injury. There has been one reported injury associated with the consumption of these products.

The manufacturer, Cadbury Adams Canada Inc., Toronto, Ontario is voluntarily recalling the affected products from the marketplace. The CFIA is monitoring the effectiveness of the recall.

For more information, consumers and industry can call one of the following numbers:

Cadbury Adams Consumer Relations Line 1 866 782-3267 (9:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. Eastern Standard Time, Monday to Friday).

CFIA at 1 800 442-2342 / TTY 1 800 465-7735 (8:00 a.m. to 8:00 p.m. Eastern time, Monday to Friday).

For information on receiving recalls by electronic mail, or for other food safety facts, visit our web site at [url="http://www.inspection.gc.ca/"]www.inspection.gc.ca[/url].

julia said:
The world is coming to an end...........
LOL! I actually made the headlines SMALLER than they way the press release had it, which was HUGE! But yes, when Cadbury eggs are no longer safe, the terrorists have won. (Well, they weren't behind this, but they are probably happy about it! hmph!)

And here I thought they had been recalled because someone found all sorts of gooey, sticky, mucous-y nastiness in them.

Uck - not my favorite candy, and that's saying something! LOL

I love Cadbury eggs :p Good thing I didn't buy one yet..

amandab said:
And here I thought they had been recalled because someone found all sorts of gooey, sticky, mucous-y nastiness in them.

Uck - not my favorite candy, and that's saying something! LOL
Too funny! That was my first thought, too.

Thank goodness it wasn't the Cadburry Mini eggs... I have been eating those little suckers like crazy already !!!

OMG next thing we know they will be recalling Peeps....then Easter will have to be cancelled.

I used to like peeps as a kid...I liked them when they were hard as a rock...I didn't even know they were supposed to be soft....LOL

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Protocol136
Back