WV WV - Natasha Carter, 10, Beckley, 8 Aug 2000

Shadow205

Reaction score
NCMC895999c1.jpg

Case Type: Missing DOB: Dec 23, 1989Sex: FemaleMissing Date: Aug 8, 2000Race: WhiteAge Now: 16Height: 127 cm (4'2")Missing City: PINEVILLEWeight: 23 kg (51 lbs)Missing State : WVHair Color: BlondeMissing Country: United StatesEye Color: Blue

http://www.missingkids.com/missingk...NCMC&seqNum=1&caseLang=en_US&searchLang=en_US

She was abducted by her non-custodial mother, Susan Gail Carter. A felony warrant for Kidnapping was issued for the abductor on November 13, 2000. The abductor may be using the alias Susan Gail Carter Webb and she may alter her appearance. They may have traveled out of state. They may be accompanied by an adult male. Natasha has a scar on her left eyebrow.

Natasha may be using the name "Alex" For some reason there are duplicate listings for her at NCME. Each listing has an age progressed photo which to me look quite different. There is also a photo of Susan Gail Carter Webb at the site.

This is a link to the other listing for Natasha http://www.missingkids.com/missingk...USWV&seqNum=1&caseLang=en_US&searchLang=en_US

Genevieve Rachel Nielsen http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showthread.php?t=39446 was found after 30 years and now her Mother is waiting to be reunited with her daughter. I wonder if Natasha has been told that her Father is dead? I have spent countless hours searching for information on Natasha or her mother
Susan Gail Carter. Wouldn't it be great if we here at WS's could reunite Natasha with her Father and other extended family?

Well I have just spent the better part of the afternoon searching myspace.com for Natasha. I looked at 286 profiles for young females going by the name "Alex" which is one of Natasha's nick names. I found an Alex Carter who was the right age but it was not her. Back to the search....

Shadow205 said:
Genevieve Rachel Nielsen http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showthread.php?t=39446 was found after 30 years and now her Mother is waiting to be reunited with her daughter. I wonder if Natasha has been told that her Father is dead? I have spent countless hours searching for information on Natasha or her mother
Susan Gail Carter. Wouldn't it be great if we here at WS's could reunite Natasha with her Father and other extended family?
......Shadow205...Where Iam staying sometime's in very isolated spot's in WV people I knowed has dyed and I didn't know about it until sometime's year's after the fact.. I been very embarassed before asking family member's about someone and I just didn't know.....Did Rick really die????? because I knowed Rick pretty good but I not seen him in a while. Please update me if you don't mind...Thank You

welder 79 said:
......Shadow205...Where Iam staying sometime's in very isolated spot's in WV people I knowed has dyed and I didn't know about it until sometime's year's after the fact.. I been very embarassed before asking family member's about someone and I just didn't know.....Did Rick really die????? because I knowed Rick pretty good but I not seen him in a while. Please update me if you don't mind...Thank You

I don't think Shadow means that Rick died. I think she is wondering if the mother told her daughter that the father was dead. It would be a lie but often when children are kidnapped by the noncustodial parent...that parent will say the other parent died or that the other parent doesn't want them anymore or doesn't love them anymore. That is what I got from Shadow's post anyway.

Bobbisangel said:
I don't think Shadow means that Rick died. I think she is wondering if the mother told her daughter that the father was dead. It would be a lie but often when children are kidnapped by the noncustodial parent...that parent will say the other parent died or that the other parent doesn't want them anymore or doesn't love them anymore. That is what I got from Shadow's post anyway.
.....I think you maybe are right..Shadow e-mail me and i e-mail her back but not heard from her after that.. but that's ok what i seen she stay's pretty busy. I was just trying not to embarassed myself again.. That make's me feel very bad asking family member's that I might run into at a big store or something about someone and they been dead for a couple year's and I just didn't know about it..I really hate too but I just don't say nothing to them and wait until they maybe ask me about them..That's very embarassing to ask someone about something like that and find out the bad news year's later.. I mean no harm but I just not heard that they has passed away.

Hey Welder,

I never got your reply to my email. Send it again plaese. If you know the family of Natasha there are some questions you might be able to get answers to. Somebody must have some idea of where the mother might have taken her to. Where does she have family? It was also mentioned that they might be traveling with a male. If we had his name, he might be easier to trace.

Iam going try again before I leave out of the Country Iam leaving within a hour..I don't know what's happen to them I send???? Maybe where Iam on this slow dial-up system..I have no idea when Iam coming back..god this can't be happing at a worst time. If all else fail's contact Reader she know little bit about my trip. and how long i be gone....

Hiya Shadow, thanks for inviting me to join your search for Natasha....I am going to look at what we have so far.

Glad to have you aboard Christine. I think that this is one that with some work we can solve and bring home a missing child.

OK....here are my 1st thoughts, observations, questions, etc.

NCMC has 2 cases, as mentioned, listed for this child.

1st case NCMC895999 has Natasha missing from Beckley, and has an age progression picture to age 15. Notes case is handled by NCMC.

2nd case USWVcarter has Natasha missing from Pineville and the age progression photo is to age 13. Notes case is handled by WVSP.

Why 2 cases listed?
Why 2 different cities listed?

Do we have info on the father? If so, what info do we have?

Why do we think Natasha may be going as Alex?

Why do we think Susan may be using alias Webb?

I found a Susan Webb (on my detective program) listed in WV, no age known, says YES under children, and less then highschool edgumacation :) No phone, but addy is listed, the town is Beavertown I believe, I need to go back and look. I wanted to know the answers first to all of my questions....to help me know which direction to go.

I also found Susan Carter listed in Beckely, I'm sure that is old, sometimes these online proggys are outdated!

Christine,

I will try and answer all of your questions. I do not know why there is 2 listings but it is the same case, missing since August 8, 2000. Beckley is the nearest large city(not really large though) to Pineville. The main office for the WV State Police is in Beckley so that could be where that confusion comes in.
The information about Susan Gail Carter possibly going by Webb (which I think is her maiden name) came from the missing poster.
The information about Natasha possibly going by "Alex" came from another web site where I found her listed. I thought that I posted the link but I guess I didn't. I will find it again and post it.
When I first started researching I found a Susan Carter in Glen Fork, WV which I think might be the right one. Glen Fork is approx 15 miles from Pineville. I hope that helps a little.

Does anyone here have a paid account with a newspaper archive? I found some articles about this case but I can only get the first paragraph because I'm not a subscriber.

Here's the first part of an article about Natasha:

Charleston Gazette (WV) - August 9, 2003

Family wonders about girl missing for three years Three years ago, Shirley Day's blond, blue-eyed granddaughter vanished without a trace. Day's son was waiting at the Happy Ever After Counseling Center in Oak Hill for the child's mother to bring her for a mediation session that was part of their custody arrangements, but neither the child nor the child's mother ever arrived.. First Sgt. Cliff Akers with the State Police's Bureau for Criminal Investigations said Ricky Lafferty had...

I know that Hollow has an account. I sent her an email and asked her to help us with this.

Shadow205 said:
I know that Hollow has an account. I sent her an email and asked her to help us with this.
Great! What about the dad? See my initial questions.

christine2448 said:
Great! What about the dad? See my initial questions.
I am not positive but I think that the father is Rick Lafferty. I got that information from Welder and also from Itsreenw's post.

I PM you Shadow 205 I hope it will make it...The way I understand it her Mom lived in Pineville and her Dad lived in Beckley and there was 2 different police report's on this...I saw too a site with Oceana that's maybe 15 mile's away from Pineville maybe not lot traffic a 10 to 15 min drive..

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
zipperoni
Back