MT MT - Lucille Lewis, 53, St Ignatius, 31 Jan 2006

Beyond Belief

Reaction score
NEWBERG, Ore. - A Newberg woman is missing after her family said she went looking for love online

Lucille Lewis and Dean Earl Stipe in a photo from provided by her family.

Friends and family members told police 53-year-old Lucille "Louie" Lewis moved to Missoula, Montana last October to be with Dean Earl Stipe after meeting him online two months earlier.

But now, Lewis is missing and Stipe is a person of interest in her disappearance.

Stipe is currently in jail on a parole violation.

Lewis’ family told investigators that, during the short time they lived together in Montana, Stipe quickly went through $20,000 of Lucille’s money

http://www.ktvz.com/story.cfm?nav=entertain&storyID=5244

Thanks Beyond Belief,

Yes, I've seen this on the local news, as Newberg is not far from Portland.

It is so sad - she just needed someone to love and be loved in return. I hope they find her and nail this guy to a wooden outhouse! She probably knew the money was going fast, but wanted him to be in control and didn't dare say domething or she knew he'd turrn on her. I bet he had a real temper and probably did his share of drinking. Thought he could do anything he3 wanted as long as he had her mesmirized.

We'll have to keep tabs on this case. And I don't think they have publicized it enough in Oregon, her home state, as I listen to the news all the time and haven't heard that much about it. Other women her age who have a little money in the bank and are wanting to find a partner are primo to be used like this, and they need to be reminded over and over.

Scandi

Nancy Grace just talked about this case. I believe she is gone now. He went through her money and now who knows. This is a lesson for women. Just because someone told you that you are more valuable on someone else's arm don't believe that. There is not a living person out there who can validate you. You do this for yourself and then you welcome others.

You are so right Concerned,

Women like this are so vulnerable and they don't look at it like that sometimes. That is why I said these kind of crimes need to be out there in the news, to remind women they need to be very careful.

Scandi

I don't get it. Did she sell her home already? Why would he harm her? What was he getting out of this? There would have been more money when she sold the home. I don't get why if guilty he didn't get his hands on some money and take off. I mean her money led right to the trailer he was living in, this just doesn't make sense. She was worth more to him alive.

Beyond Belief said:
I don't get it. Did she sell her home already? Why would he harm her? What was he getting out of this? There would have been more money when she sold the home. I don't get why if guilty he didn't get his hands on some money and take off. I mean her money led right to the trailer he was living in, this just doesn't make sense. She was worth more to him alive.
What if she got angry at him over the money loss or some other thing? What if she started making noises about going to the law? He was already on probation so maybe that would be a motive.

That is what I was going to post. She was on to his gig.Too late but she more than likely was.

Why didn't he run? He had to realize they would come right after him. He can't be too stupid if she was willing to take a chance on him.

This is a good article with lots of info:

Lewis, a 5-foot-5, 53-year-old redhead, met Dean Earl Stipe on the Internet last October, about 10 months after the final dissolution of her 20-year marriage to Ken Lewis. She was not aware the Montana man, who lived northwest of Missoula in the tiny, remote community of St. Ignatius, was a convicted felon.

The next month, she ended her 25-year underwriting career with Oregon Mutual Insurance in McMinnville. She moved out of the Newberg home she shared with son Steve Baldoni and his family, consisting of a girlfriend and two young boys she adored. She got into a pickup with Stipe and set off for a new life in a remote part of rural Montana.

No one in her family has seen her, or heard from her, since the November day the two headed east together.

http://www.newsregister.com/news/story.cfm?story_no=205051

joanofarc said:
This is a good article with lots of info:

Lewis, a 5-foot-5, 53-year-old redhead, met Dean Earl Stipe on the Internet last October, about 10 months after the final dissolution of her 20-year marriage to Ken Lewis. She was not aware the Montana man, who lived northwest of Missoula in the tiny, remote community of St. Ignatius, was a convicted felon.

The next month, she ended her 25-year underwriting career with Oregon Mutual Insurance in McMinnville. She moved out of the Newberg home she shared with son Steve Baldoni and his family, consisting of a girlfriend and two young boys she adored. She got into a pickup with Stipe and set off for a new life in a remote part of rural Montana.

No one in her family has seen her, or heard from her, since the November day the two headed east together.

http://www.newsregister.com/news/story.cfm?story_no=205051
This is really scary. We got a serial with an internet propensity.

Does anyone know what Dean Earl Stipe is on parole for (other than the "felony" generalization)?

concernedperson said:
This is really scary. We got a serial with an internet propensity.
I agree and Montana is so remote that if he took her out somewhere and shot her...they may never find her body.....

I think she knew what she had gotten herself into and was trying to get out without her family's help because she was embarrassed that she had gotten herself into this position.... she told a friend that she was coming back to sell her house but not her family....

I wonder if she wanted to tell him (her friend) the truth and couldn't muster up the courage....this Stipe guy saw his cash cow wanting to leave and he couldn't let that happen....he made quick work of forging her name and pawning her jewelry after he "supposedly" left her at the airport...thing is she never bought a ticket to anywhere on this earth, I am afraid....

joanofarc said:
I agree and Montana is so remote that if he took her out somewhere and shot her...they may never find her body.....

I think she knew what she had gotten herself into and was trying to get out without her family's help because she was embarrassed that she had gotten herself into this position.... she told a friend that she was coming back to sell her house but not her family....

I wonder if she wanted to tell him (her friend) the truth and couldn't muster up the courage....this Stipe guy saw his cash cow wanting to leave and he couldn't let that happen....he made quick work of forging her name and pawning her jewelry after he "supposedly" left her at the airport...thing is she never bought a ticket to anywhere on this earth, I am afraid....

See, I understand this to a degree. If you are the family goat and you are always explaining your existence she may have not wanted to involve them. The friend would be more reliable than anyone. She more than likely will never be found but the path is out there for investigators. There will be more as he is too old not to have perfected his scam somewhat.

We need some of our sleuths to help who are good at checking internet sites...Nancy Grace mentioned E-harmony and something else the other night...we can get the name from the transcripts....

I wonder how many other lonely women he has played this game with...

We need the word out there that the people you meet on the internet are not necessarily who they say they are...my sister-in-law just got herself in a mess with a guy she met on the net...she fell head over heals to spite my warning to "take it easy" with him....he moved in with her within a few months but he was a hardly around as he said he had to "travel a lot" with his job.

My SIL got suspicious and started to monitor his cell phone and got a phone number off of it and called the number...turns out the guy was engaged to another woman and was playing the both of them....

My SIL gave him all her love and trust, PLUS a $1,000 and was left with nothing. At least she was smart enough to investigate...they only had been living together a month or two....but now she feels so ashamed and used....

I worked with two women who met guys on the internet in chatrooms. The first woman met a guy from Montana who said he owned a ranch. She was all set to go visit him on her vacation...had only emailed...chatted...and talked on the phone. For some reason he changed his mind at the last minute...thank God.

The other gal would meet guys on the internet and then go visit them on weekends all over the place. She would hop on a plane and off she would go. I asked her if that didn't scare her as she doesn't know these guys and she said "no." She didn't think anything would happen to her. She was divorced and had a little 3-4 yr old girl. To me that is just crazy behavior. She's probably still doing that today if she is still alive.

What is REALLY "crazy" behavior is this woman ups leaves everything behind....for someone she barely knows..

Lucille must have been so lost after leaving her marriage of 20 years. Although it was an amicable departure it still hurts and nothing is ever quite the same again...especially if you have kids with the man. (I was married for 20 years before I divorced and believe me it is WEIRD to suddenly be on your own after all those years with one person).

I think that her ex-husband moved on first and she filled her void by signing up on a internet site in order to feel valued...Lucille perhaps had a propensity toward the "wild side" and all that she had missed while married, working, and raising kids (to suddenly leave 2 grandchildren that she dearly loves is very strange behavior for a woman her age).

I agree with you CP that there is something hinkey in this woman's family dynamics and for some reason she felt less than. I have a feeling that this is the reason she "ran away" was to have some semblence of a clean start....a new life...and when she ran into trouble in MT (IMO) she felt she had nowhere to turn...

I am sooooooooooo grateful my 50 something cousin who lives in Oregon is a solid christian woman, who questions anyone who is interested in her, will NOT, despite being lonely after her divorce, will NOT fall for someone like this -- i hope!

i hope this lady is found.

Son fears dad may be a killer

April 6, 2006

Sean Stipe, son of a "person of interest" in the disappearance of a longtime Oregon Mutual Insurance employee he wooed over on the Internet and eventually lured to his remote Montana residence, calls Earl Dean Stipe a con man who knows how to pick a victim. He feels there is a strong possibility his father killed Lucille "Louie" Lewis, who left her Newberg home and McMinnville job to make the move last fall.

My personal opinion is, she tried to leave him, they had an argument and something happened," Stipe said during a phone interview Wednesday. "Did something happen purposely or by accident? I don't know.
"I think he's covering something up. I think he knows more than he's telling anyone."

http://www.newsregister.com/news/story.cfm?story_no=206325

Sister seeks closure in missing woman case

Dean Earl Stipe, considered a person of interest in the disappearance late last year of Lucille "Louie" Lewis of Newberg, will appear Monday in Missoula (Montana) District Court for a hearing on a probation violation.

The court will rule on whether to revoke Stipe's probation, stemming from a 2004 check forging conviction, and sentence him to a prison term of up to five years.

http://www.newsregister.com/news/story.cfm?story_no=206038

I wonder if there is any way that his son could get the truth out of him. He doesn't say if they even have any type of a relationship but it sure would be nice if the son could talk to his dad and get to the truth somehow. When your son thinks you are capable of murder then something is really wrong.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shmoozie
Back