TX - Robert Salazar executed for '97 murder of 2yo Adriana Gomez

ajc2804

Reaction score
In the moments before his execution, Robert Salazar Jr. continued to deny he was responsible for the death of his girlfriend's 2-year-old daughter.

"I am sorry that the child had to lose her life, but I should not have to be here," Salazar said Wednesday night before he was executed for the beating death of Adriana Gomez in April 1997.

Salazar claimed Adriana was accidentally injured after he pushed her when she wouldn't stop crying while he was baby-sitting her. But authorities said Salazar, in a violent rage, inflicted injuries described as being worse than those suffered by auto accident victims.

http://www.wjactv.com/news/8208386/detail.html

more at site

Looks like Texas knows what it's doing!!!

Authorities said Salazar delivered at least three life-threatening injuries to the girl: a blow to the head that left it feeling like gelatin, a blow to her chest that left her heart on the verge of rupturing and a blow to her abdomen that pushed internal organs against her backbone.

"This is one of those few cases that came down the pike that justice would not be satisfied unless he paid an ultimate price for this," said Rusty Ladd, who helped prosecute the case for the Lubbock County District Attorney's Office.

Salazar began dating Adriana's mother, Raylene Blakeburn, in 1996. He took care of the toddler while her mother worked. Blakeburn told authorities Salazar had abused her daughter several other times.

After beating her, Salazar left Adriana in the crib at her Lubbock home and went to his mother's house to drink beer with a friend. Adriana died a few hours at a hospital after being discovered by her mother when she got home from work.

The mother knew about the abuse. :doh:

Marine Mom said:
The mother knew about the abuse. :doh:

That makes her no better than him. It was her job at her mother - to PROTECT her. She chose not to and should be charged as well!!!!! :furious:

"I am sorry that the child had to lose her life, but I should not have to be here,"

Personally I am sorry tht it took 8 yrs to execute this .Such ridiculous remarks as the above are the primary reason I firmly believe a killer should be allowed NO final remarks.He had his day in court and was presented ample opportunity to whine and moan to the press for 8 yrs.......All he should have been allowed to say publicly on his death bed is something to the effect of "lets roll'.

Well hell, the child didn't have to lose her life.....he took it from the sounds of things. One down, how many to go?

lisag said:
That makes her no better than him. It was her job at her mother - to PROTECT her. She chose not to and should be charged as well!!!!! :furious:
Absolutely. WHY WHY WHY do some women allow their husbands/boyfriends to continuously abuse their kids??? I do not understand them at all.

britgirl said:
Absolutely. WHY WHY WHY do some women allow their husbands/boyfriends to continuously abuse their kids??? I do not understand them at all.

I don't either, but in the world of capital punishment, 8-years is pretty speedy. I'll take it. :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:

Congress has given us ample opportunity to see that killers go down in a timely fashion with the recent passage of the new Patriot act,and the attached Streamlined Procedures amendment.It is now up to each person in America who supports the death penalty to push their own individual State leaders to take advantage of this act.I have posted a link to the SPA in the parking lot forum here.It is hard to understand as it is in legal speak,but basically the SPA will if applied properly by the States vastly trim the amount of time between conviction and execution.We must not only hassle our leaders to apply these guidelines,but also let these folks know that our vote depends upon it.We stand today at the verge of a whole new world in capitol punishment.The recent addition of 2 Conservative Justices to the USSC should and hopefully will insure us that murderers will not only continue to enjoy 1 last shot of drugs,but also that they will get them sooner.It is cruel to force drug addicts such as the majority of these thugs to wait so long for a fix aftrall.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shmoozie
Back