Buck Owens

I remember watching him every Saturday night on HeeHaw when I was a little girl. Sad news.

JDB said:
I just heard Buck Owens of Hee Haw fame has passed away at 76 at his home Many fond memories of Hew Haw with Buck and Roy Clark.
May Buck RIP
http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20060325/ap_en_tv/obit_owens

Sorry to hear this also. I loved Hee Haw. RIP Buck. 76 seems so young now a days.

JDB, I have a question. I can't remember, is this Roy Clark the one who is the great guitar player? I saw him years and years ago at the Circle Star in the S.F. Bay Area on the bill with Jimmy Dean. I must say Roy Clark was fantastic.(as was Jimmy,of course.)

montana_16 said:
Sorry to hear this also. I loved Hee Haw. RIP Buck. 76 seems so young now a days.

JDB, I have a question. I can't remember, is this Roy Clark the one who is the great guitar player? I saw him years and years ago at the Circle Star in the S.F. Bay Area on the bill with Jimmy Dean. I must say Roy Clark was fantastic.(as was Jimmy,of course.)
Yeppers it is Roy Clark. I saw in in Tahoe after he had broke his arm in a horse accident. He played the Git Fid with the other hand. I sat there inshock.

My wife looked at me today starnge as I came out of the room singing Oh where oh where are you tonight

JDB said:
Yeppers it is Roy Clark. I saw in in Tahoe after he had broke his arm in a horse accident. He played the Git Fid with the other hand. I sat there inshock.

My wife looked at me today starnge as I came out of the room singing Oh where oh where are you tonight

JDB, I also remember those old Hee haw days, although I was a little girl then. I loved Buck cause he looked so much like my own dad, who passed away at 70 in 2004. I can remember my dad singing along to " I searched the world over and thought I'd found true love, you found another and ppfft, you were gone ..... "

Rest in peace, Buck.

JDB said:

Thanks JDB! I don't think I 've ever "spoken" directly to you on here before but I've always enjoyed your posts. I love your sense of humor.

Seems we are losing a lot of good entertainers lately. But they live on in their music, film, etc. and in our hearts.

montana_16 said:
Seems we are losing a lot of good entertainers lately. But they live on in their music, film, etc. and in our hearts.

So true, montana 16 ! :angel:

Ticamom said:
So true, montana 16 ! :angel:

Hi Ticamom! How are you? Good to "see" you again. I rarely see your posts but think of you often. I hope all is well with you and your family.

We are lucky to live in a time when we can still experience our beloved entertainers through the technology that those in the past didn't have.

I guess the older ones who are passing now have a special place in my heart because they were there all my life and the era when performers gave it their all and worked so hard for our enjoyment is passing too....

I was saddened to hear that Buck Owens passed. I loved him with Dwight Yoacum (sp) in "The Streets of Bakersfield." RIP Buck.

montana_16 said:
Hi Ticamom! How are you? Good to "see" you again. I rarely see your posts but think of you often. I hope all is well with you and your family.

We are lucky to live in a time when we can still experience our beloved entertainers through the technology that those in the past didn't have.

I guess the older ones who are passing now have a special place in my heart because they were there all my life and the era when performers gave it their all and worked so hard for our enjoyment is passing too....

Hi Montana ! Nice to see you here too. I don't post half as much as I read here, but I just wanted to say hi. How are you ? I'm doing great, busy as usual ! Take care ! ;)

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
boymom0304
Back