WA - Six dead, 2 injured in shooting at Seattle house party, 25 March 2006

7 dead(counting the shooter) 2 victims in critical condition with life threatening injuries.

Aoocrding to witnesses most of the people in the house had been at an earlier "Zombie Rave".

I know Chief Kerlikowske. He is describing this as the largest crime scene in their cities history.

blueclouds said:
Sounds like the shooter was just looking for an opportunity to shoot up a place. All those belts of ammunition had to take some preparation. Wonder if someone offended him.

I knew a guy in my youth who bumped into his estranged wife and her sister in a bar, went home and got the shotgun, returned to the bar and killed them both.n It happens.

A few more details at this link http://www.kgw.com/sharedcontent/APStories/stories/D8GIVFPO6.htmlThe heavily armed shooter, dressed in black, fired repeatedly as he made his way into and through the house, killing four young men and two young women, police said. He then went upstairs and tried to get into a locked bathroom where a young couple were hiding. Unable to enter, he fired through the door before leaving. They were unharmed.
<snip>

Dozens of rounds were fired in the house, where people — ranging from their early and mid teens to mid-20s — gathered after Friday night's larger party called "Better Off Undead" in the Capitol Hill neighborhood. Some of the guests were "made up to look as if they were dead," the chief said.

more at the link

Be careful in clicking on the MySpace link above. An extremely profane song started playing, and I couldn't stop it. I closed everything on my computer, and it still played. Even my task manager was empty, and it was still playing. Wasn't even able to shut down, just had to unplug. I never had that happen before.

I will never open a MySpace link again.

Havent been able to find out too much about the victimes besides the two myspace accounts someone posted. I did find where one mother said her 15 (yep I said 15) year old daughter was as that party and she don't know if her daughter lived or died. Parents are so freakin stupid now a days I am sorry but what in the hell would your 15 year old be doing at a rave and then a house party up until the weeee hours of the morning?! Raves can get pretty intense and I wonder if the guy who killed everybody was on some pretty strong drugs.

Curious J said:
Be careful in clicking on the MySpace link above. An extremely profane song started playing, and I couldn't stop it. I closed everything on my computer, and it still played. Even my task manager was empty, and it was still playing. Wasn't even able to shut down, just had to unplug. I never had that happen before.

CuriousJ,

I should have posted a warning abouut the profane song playing at the myspace. I just turned my volume off while I was reading there. I did not have any problems with the song continuing to play though and have been to that particular site several times since finding it last night. I also check myspace very frequently and have never had a problem.

Curious J said:

As soon as it came on I just muted my volume that's at the bottom of the screen with your time and and different things.. you probably have one. Most do.

You know, I read the posts on both sites and it's almost like " Ok, a friends dead, RIP, where's the party tonight?" These kids just don't get it.

Mygirlsadie, do you have a link for the mother that didn't know about her daughter?

On Fox news the suspected shooter's name was just given --- Aaron Kyle Huff.

The shooter has a twin brother. I feel bad for the twin brother. Twins are most often pretty close and it's terrible to have someone in your family do this.

The guy's last name is "Huff", too. Bet Steve was getting some interesting family tree questions on his blog. Just kidding. I haven't read his entries on this case yet.

What a sad, tragic crime. I am not a fan of raves, but it sounds as if these people were having a friendly, non-"neighborly-disruptive" gathering and this Huff guy just ruined it and took people's lives and people's children and friends away for absolutely no reason at all.
And what does the "Now" thing mean that he was spray painting all over the place?

This is very sad. Prayers to all of the victims, their families, the people who were at the party, the other wounded victims, and all their friends. This will be forever in their minds. :(

Sources say police have questioned the twin brother of the alleged suicidal shooter of six young people.

<snip>

The man presumed to have killed four young men and two women at a Capitol Hill home Saturday morning, March 26, was a 28-year-old former Montana man with no apparent criminal record but a penchant for guns and hunting, police and other sources say.

<snip>

Why? "We have absolutely no idea of what the motive is," said Seattle Police Chief Gil Kerlikowske, equally puzzled by the spray-painted "Now." But the killing spree was methodical and deliberate.

more at the link http://www.seattleweekly.com/news/0613/shootings2.php

So all that I'm seeing as being confirmed this far:

Shooter: Kyle Huff, 28

Victims - Died:
  1. Jeremy Martin, 26
  2. Christopher Williamson, 21
  3. Justin Schwartz, 23
  4. Jason Travers, 32
  5. female, name not yet released, but it's been rumored by the circle of friends of these victims on MySpace that she's been Tentitively IDed as Suzanne Thorn, 15
  6. female, name not yet released
Victims - Wounded:

• Kian, male, found name from my space ... I'm only guessing this is him after doing two hours of sleuthing, but I'm not 100% sure. I'm 99% sure though
http://profile.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=user.viewprofile&friendID=26306394

Ok... this confirms he's one of the wounded...
"3/26/2006 11:21 PM

*advertiser censored** YEAH KIAN!!!!

"He wore a black T-shirt, a pacifier around his neck and what Clemente described as "sci-fi gloves", referring to the light-tipped gloves some ravers wear." -Seattle Times

Posted on his my space account by a friend
  • unknown, seriously wounded
That's what I've been able to put together from all of these stories.

This is so sad. Parents were still waiting to be told about whether their son/daughter was alive or not, ok or not. :(

Shooter believed to be 28-year-old Kyle Huff

...The Seattle SWAT team searched the apartment Saturday evening in the hours following the Capitol Hill shooting, public records show. Police confirmed they confiscated weapons and a hand grenade from the apartment.
Investigators interviewed the brother but did not make an arrest. As of midday Sunday, they declined to officially reveal the identity of either man.

However, police statements and neighborhood interviews indicate the suspect was a large man. Public records described both brothers as white males, 6'5" and 280 pounds. An apartment manager at the complex confirmed police took Kane Huff away for questioning.

More: http://seattlepi.nwsource.com/local/264379_shooting26ww.html?source=rss

Why would the brother be arrested anyway? Why include that in the article? Because of the weapons in their apartment?

I'm just trying to find some information on this Kyle Huff guy. One of the articles suggests that Kyle and his twin Kane both play the drums and if he attended raves, he probably liked music. I googled him and there was a Kyle Huff who was a webmaster at Western Carolina University in 2002. There are a few posts about music on this board. http://www.solorb.com/dat-heads/digests/V6.300/D326Might not even be him.

If the police suggest that he "planned" this, I wonder if he planned to do random killings or if he targeted this group for some reason. He didn't shoot any specific person according to thes articles.

Did this group shun him? Did he like a girl or date a girl and someone "steal" her away? Or did he just feel like killing people? Or none of the above? What was going through his mind? We may never know.

However, if this guy might be him I found on the web and he's a webmaster, then perhaps he has some information on his computer than can be searched to help figure out what may have caused this.
Or, maybe his twin brother knows something.

Did anyone in this rave group know him? I saw the posts on the two MySpace forums that were posted earlier in this thread, but no one mentioned Kyle that I can seem to find.

I'm just really sad for the parents :(
In a few of the articles I read, the mother of one of the victims was so distraught. Just asking "why"? Talking about how her son said this was going to be his last rave and he had gotten help and got off drugs. It really tugged at my heart strings.
It makes me wonder why the good die young.
:(

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shmoozie
Back