GUILTY IL - Lauren Lofquist, 8, murdered, Clarendon Hills, 26 March 2006

WTF?? What is wrong with this man?? :behindbar :behindbar :behindbar
Poor little Lauren. :(

Yeah, the dad doesn't look psycho at all.
I'm a teacher in the neighboring school district, even though my school and Lauren's are both in an affluent area..................it really has me thinking that god I really have know idea what's goin on in my students homes. Kinda scary, I think the more I'm hearing this stuff in the news, the more I need to pay attention to any odd behaviors with my students.

ok, the mother and father go to the hospital because HE has a cut on his FINGER, but they fail to take the CHILD whom he attacked?

Did I read that right?
WTF?

So a babysitter comes to the house, finds the child unresponsive and has to call 911?

WHAT KIND OF MOTHER AND FATHER WOULD LEAVE THEIR CHILDREN IN THIS SITUATION? They should've taken that little girl! Who cares about his itty bitty finger! :furious: :furious: :furious: :furious: :furious:

I also thought it was odd that he went to a neighbors house and was sent back home. I wonder if his behavior was scaring the neighbors.

A cut finger is not life or death, I can't see a wife freaking out enough over a cut finger to leave her daughter home alone to take him to the hospital. I wasn't there though so who knows............maybe he was acting so eractic and crazy that he just demanded her to take him right then and there. Maybe he was scaring her so she just got in the car and on the way to the hospital, she called the neighbor to go stay with Lauren.

It's bad enough what happened to her.................i hope they don't come out saying she had been molested by him or anything.

Neighbor Discovered 8-Year-Old's Body In Home

Neil Lofquist Charged With Daughter's Death

<snip>

The woman was asked to baby-sit while Lofquist’s wife took him to the hospital. Moments later, the woman received a frantic call from Lauren’s mother asking her to search the house for her daughter.

“I went in the bathroom, and I found Lauren on her knees with her head in the commode,” she said. “Her body was ice cold, and she had started to turn blue already. I noticed a bruise on her forehead, and she had an injury on her neck that had been bleeding.”

More ... http://cbs2chicago.com/topstories/local_story_086231229.html

lg

Lauren Lofquist

CBS

The timeline seems a little scary............seems like she may have been tortured for quite awhile.

I still don't get where Laren's brother was during all this. It sounds like he was asleep during Lauren's murder, but then it sounds like he may have went to the hospital with his parents. If mom went to get him up, she would've went to get lauren also. If dad went up to get the brother then I would think mom wouldve made him go get Lauren also. Little confused about that part.........

Maybe he was thinking that he could blame the neighbor for his daughter's death. Who knows what he was thinking.

PrayersForMaura said:
Neighbor Discovered 8-Year-Old's Body In Home

Neil Lofquist Charged With Daughter's Death

<snip>

The woman was asked to baby-sit while Lofquist’s wife took him to the hospital. Moments later, the woman received a frantic call from Lauren’s mother asking her to search the house for her daughter.

“I went in the bathroom, and I found Lauren on her knees with her head in the commode,” she said. “Her body was ice cold, and she had started to turn blue already. I noticed a bruise on her forehead, and she had an injury on her neck that had been bleeding.”

More ... http://cbs2chicago.com/topstories/local_story_086231229.html

lg

Lauren Lofquist

CBS

It sounds to me like Lofquist could have been in a drugged stupor.

Snips--comments made by the neighbor

They say the events leading up to the discovery of the young girl’s body started with the father showing up at their front door with very odd behavior.

“He was confused. He was disoriented. He had said that we had called him,” the neighbor said.

The woman says things Lofquist said at the hospital prompted his wife to call home and have the neighbor check on the child.

“He started making statements about Lauren’s death, and I think it was at that point that Lisa wasn’t quite sure if he was hallucinating or if something indeed happened,” she said.

kinda crazy ............Lauren's father owned 2 pottery bars which are pretty popular around here with kids. He also did a lot through the pottery bars to raise money for things such as the Children's museum, etc.
Probably another case where from the outside he looked like a great guy.
Scary :(

Why, this is just the strangest thing! This man must have gone completely insane. What is going on this year? -- Entwhistle, the preacher's wife, this dad. People just seem to be snapping.

They did take the boy to the hospital with them or so an article that I read said. I wonder if the husband took the boy back downstairs with him when he asked the wife to take him to the hospital but told his wife that the little girl was already asleep so to get a sitter for her?

It does sound like something went haywire in the mind of this father. I wonder why he attacked only the girl and not the boy too? How horrible for that poor little girl. If he had always been a loving father and suddenly turned on her she must have been horrified. I wonder why there was a knife in the bathroom or did he carry a knife with him all of the time? Strange that he took her in the bathroom as he had started the attack on her in the bedroom.
Maybe he didn't want to mess up her bedroom???? They must have a big house for the wife not to have heard anything from upstairs.

It sounds like this has just knocked everyone right off of their feet. My heart goes out to the wife and the little boy. Sounds like something just broke in the dad. Maybe the psy evals will tell the tale.

He was a Sunday school teacher. Does this bring on added stress? Seems I hear more and more of this. So sad for this little baby doll and the mother, son. My prayers, sympathy go to family and friends, schoolmates.

Boatswain'sMate said:
Why, this is just the strangest thing! This man must have gone completely insane. What is going on this year? -- Entwhistle, the preacher's wife, this dad. People just seem to be snapping.

I Know! I'm starting to feel like when it comes down to it, I really can't trust anybody. :( These all seem to be people that NOBODY would expect this from.

luckyevan93 said:
He was a Sunday school teacher. Does this bring on added stress? Seems I hear more and more of this. So sad for this little baby doll and the mother, son. My prayers, sympathy go to family and friends, schoolmates.

I wouldn't think just teaching a sunday school class once a week would bring on extra stress, but who knows........

And the father's mother said that the family did not have any financial problems so that wouldn't be a stressor........

The entire town is really shook up about it around here.

LatteDa said:
Maybe he was thinking that he could blame the neighbor for his daughter's death. Who knows what he was thinking.
first thing that came to my mind-

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shmoozie
Back