A Candlelight Vigil for Janet ~ join us

L L & S

Reaction score

The Office for Victims of Crime (OVC) was established by the 1984 Victims of Crime Act (VOCA) to oversee diverse programs that benefit victims of crime. Each April since 1981, OVC has helped lead communities across the country in their observances of National Crime Victims' Rights Week (NCVRW). Public rallies, candlelight vigils, and a host of commemorative activities promote victims' rights and services in all sectors of our society.

In conjunction with National Crime Victims' Rights Week, April 23 - 29 the family and friends of Janet Marie would like to invite you to join us in person or in spirit by lighting a candle on April 29 at 7 pm. The candlelight vigil will be held in the Plaza of the Durham Marriott at the Civic Center.

If you can't come to Durham please light a candle where you are and send a warm thought out to Janet's family as we are quickly coming up on the one year anniversary of her death.

PostcardVigil.jpg

For more information and to see the complete flyer please go to the
Tears For Janet Candlelight Vigil Flyers Page.

I am hoping to be in the Raleigh/Durham area as I have a son that lives down there, to attend the vigil in person....if not, I will be joining many folks from around the world to light a candle and say a prayer for justice for Janet and her unborn child.

This is so great! What a beautiful way to remember Janet.

My thoughts and prayers will be with Janet and the families.

My thoughts and prayers will be with Janet's familiy and friends and I will light a Candle so California will be represented.

I am scheduled to be out East the first weekend of May on Business, and I am so sorry I will not be able to attend the Vigil.

I would definitely like to donate towards the cost of the Vigil and I will keep all in my thoughts and prayers.

May this event be a healing experience for the family and may they gain strength for the long road ahead towards Justice for Janet and her unborn child.

Although I will be on a vacation I will take a candle with me and light it for Janet. My thoughts and prayers will be with the family and friends that gather to remember her.

I'm too far away , in another country, to participate in person. But , I assure you, I'll be lighting a candle for Janet and her baby,her son Kaiden, family and friends.

I gotta tell you I have been talking to people all over the internet today about this vigil. Word is spreading like wildfire. It does my heart good to run in to so many people who are of the common thought that even if we don't see eye to eye on this whole case... a moment of candlelight and some warm wishes to Janet's parents and siblings and extended family, and especially to Kaiden, is a healing experience for all of us. Little Kaiden is way to young to grasp the meaning of all of this... but maybe someday he'll sit down with his family and they will tell him about the night the world lit a candle for him and his mommy.

...Excellent news LL&S........

..the vigil will be a light of not only faith, but hope.............

..i wish i could be there, but look 3500 kms. to the north that evening, and you'll see the flicker of candles here too.

:woohoo: This is great news! I would love to attend but will probably have to settle for lighting a candle and sending love, support and well wishes to the family from home.:blowkiss:

It will be great to hear from all those that do attend how it went!

Add Texas to the list of lit states! This vigil will be in my thoughts that evening too.

Since I have school-aged children, I probably won't be able to get away from here to attend the vigil but my heart will be there, no doubt. I hope that this gets the media's attention, and hopefully gets things moving on the case again.

The state of Washington will be represented by candle light as well. My best wishes and prayers continue to go out to Janet's family.

I found this after linking to another article....http://www.livetrialupdates.com/
they have one of the flyers posted on the site about the candlelight vigil, and Tears for Janet website info info. I have posted about 50 flyers around here to get people out to the vigil. Any word on who will be speaking? I think it will be someone from her church.

this won't link directly for some reason, so I guess you will have to copy and paste into your browser...sorry

Thanks for the information Caffeinatd. I belong to every site I can find that has anything to do with Janet Marie and that's one that I had to join to read their forums. http://livetrialupdates.com

They have a listing of all the news stories, the Videos, Police reports in their Web Links section, don't know if you have to join to read though.

http://livetrialupdates.com/modules.php?name=Web_Links&l_op=viewlink&cid=18

I think it's a site that talks about trials and gives updates on cases, but does not Sleuth like WS Members do!:blowkiss:. As you can see I'm a Websleuthahaulic!

There are also other sites that have discussed Janet, and though there may be one or two stories about Janet, I go to them and keep them updated, including Justice Magazine, Justice Sleuths, Crime Shots, Google Groups (which I can't figure out how to do so I just read.) Another wonderful site is Huff's Crime Blog which you can find at http://huffcrimeblog.com/ though there has not been anything on it in a while.

I went to the site and looked around, the memorial video creeped me out, with raven saying goodnight sleepy baby and it getting dark...ugh..I had not seen that before.....who did that video?

That was the Memorial Video that was made by Raven and I believe one of his friends. I cry every single time I watch it. To see how vibrant and loving and what a wonderful Mother Janet was and to know a selfish, sick Monster took her away from her child, I cannot really express into words.

While it was a lovely Memorial, hearing Raven's voice throughout it makes me ill.

I've been a lurker since the beginning and have followed the threads periodically. The vigil for Janet has prompted me to join WS as I too want to see justice served. I live in the area and plan on being at the vigil. My hope, through this appropriate venue, is that her investigation will be brought to the front and center and her case will gain the attention it deserves. If a little baby boy loses his mother to a senseless and brutal crime, then the very least that can be done is to make the person responsible for this ugliness pay!

Welcome NC Girl and from your mouth to Gods ears, the DA's ears, LE's ears and the viscious cold-blooded murderer's ears.

Thanks for joining and I pray for justice in 2006.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
zipperoni
Back