Clooney's Oscar gift bag nets $45,100 in United Way auction

Michelle Read

Reaction score
It would be nice if more celebrities would follow Mr. Clooney's good deed. Kudos to you George!! :clap: :clap:

snip~

George Clooney's swank Oscar swag bag has fetched thousands at auction.
Clooney donated the bag to the United Way, and Wednesday it sold for $45,100 in an extended online auction that began March 21, organization spokeswoman Sheila Consaul said.

The winner was not immediately identified.

The money will benefit the United Way's hurricane response and relief recovery Fund, Consaul said.

http://www.9news.com/acm_news.aspx?OSGNAME=KUSA&IKOBJECTID=4b57d8bb-0abe-421a-01ba-c6eb0d3cdddc&TEMPLATEID=b010ff41-ac1f-02c5-0009-00c014346932

Michelle Read said:
It would be nice if more celebrities would follow Mr. Clooney's good deed. Kudos to you George!! :clap: :clap:

snip~

George Clooney's swank Oscar swag bag has fetched thousands at auction.
Clooney donated the bag to the United Way, and Wednesday it sold for $45,100 in an extended online auction that began March 21, organization spokeswoman Sheila Consaul said.

The winner was not immediately identified.

The money will benefit the United Way's hurricane response and relief recovery Fund, Consaul said.

http://www.9news.com/acm_news.aspx?OSGNAME=KUSA&IKOBJECTID=4b57d8bb-0abe-421a-01ba-c6eb0d3cdddc&TEMPLATEID=b010ff41-ac1f-02c5-0009-00c014346932
Good old George! Now, if he'd just return my calls...

michelle said:
Yea and mine too....:blushing:
OK...you can have him Monday, Wednesday and Friday...I'll have him Tuesday, Thursday and Saturday...we'll give him Sunday off!

britgirl said:
OK...you can have him Monday, Wednesday and Friday...I'll have him Tuesday, Thursday and Saturday...we'll give him Sunday off!
He will need Sunday off to rest once we are through with him, lol.....

That's a wonderful thing he did. Good for him. It would be great if more of them did this. I've read these bags are full of really expensive items and most these people have more money then they know what to do with.

As for Sundays, I'll take him! Starting tomorrow.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dil2288
Back