Couric set to leave NBC

I don't know the source named in the Drudge Report, but don't give the DR a whole lot of faith...however...

I would hate for Katie to leave too! Honestly I don't know that she would do all that well in an evening anchor position...I think she has been doing "news light" for quite a while. Besides, I would really miss (sing along with me here)
"Katie, Matt, Al and Ann....."

I don't really like the others they are grooming for her position either...

Lynie

:truce:

I personally do not care for Katie. (I know alot of people think she's the greatest thing)

I like Ann Curry much better- and Diane Sawyer even more.:)

IdahoMom said:

I personally do not care for Katie. (I know alot of people think she's the greatest thing)
I'll go one step further--I can't stand Katie Couric. :cool:

I do really like you, though, Les. :blowkiss:

nanandjim said:
I'll go one step further--I can't stand Katie Couric. :cool:

I do really like you, though, Les. :blowkiss:

Can't stand Katie and refuse to watch the Today Show. I can't remember which time they sold out that turned me off forever. Too many times to count.

I like Katie a lot, but I love Ann Curry!!!!!

IdahoMom said:

I can't stand Katie, but I'm with you IdahoMom!

But, I love Leslee too!:blowkiss:

IdahoMom said:

u guys crack me up......i love leslee if u guys do.....lol
I love diane sawyer
katie is a good person
I dont know that I dislike her but I dont watch her..
she might remind me of the perfect girls in HS (as deemed by society)
and they always kinda made me want to puke..so congenial and me so mouthy..lol

Good riddance. I don't like Katie on air, I don't know how she is off-camera, but I've read in the tabs that she's a real diva. IMO, she's rude to Ann Curry and KC tries too hard to come across as a sweet little princess. She seems to have a bad case of "it's all about me" and if not about her, then she works in her daugher(s) EVERYTIME something about kids is brought up. And she ain't all that as an interviewer either.

JMO

not a fan in any way of katie couric.

but i must say i find the drudge report to be as reliable as CNN website. and often they break stories before CNN.

IdahoMom said:

I don't like Katie at all. Just something about her, I can't stand! :snooty:

One of the longest guessing games in TV news — whether NBC Today star Katie Couric will leave to join The CBS Evening News as the first solo female network news anchor — appears to have been resolved.
Couric and CBS have tentatively reached a deal that could be announced any day now, but probably by the end of the week, two sources close to the negotiations said Monday.

The deal calls for Couric — arguably the biggest star in network news — to anchor the third-place Evening News, contribute to newsmagazine 60 Minutes and have some yet-to-be-announced prime-time role, possibly producing specials, the sources said.

~~~SNIP~~~

Contractually Couric, whose contract with NBC expires on May 31, could not negotiate with CBS until next month. And at a press conference with reporters in December to discuss Today's 10 straight years in first place, Couric shut down any questions about her future.

~~~SNIP~~~

Much more at following link.....http://www.usatoday.com/life/television/news/2006-04-04-couric_x.htm

I found it interesting that "contractually" KC couldn't negotiate with CBS, so how is it that everyone seems to know where she is going and what she'll be doing at CBS?:confused:

Never have liked her. I like ABC myself as far as network news goes. I just heard the Meredith Viera has been offered Katie's slot and that Barbara Walters supports whatever decision she makes.

I really figured Ann Curry would be moved over to her slot since she's the fill-in when she's gone.....and the usual thing they do is move the news-reader into the vacancy.......like Matt Lauer replaced Bryant Gumbel. It will be interesting..........

Lesleegp said:
I really figured Ann Curry would be moved over to her slot since she's the fill-in when she's gone.....and the usual thing they do is move the news-reader into the vacancy.......like Matt Lauer replaced Bryant Gumbel. It will be interesting..........
I like Ann Curry's personality, but find that she constantly makes errors when interviewing people. It drives me crazy.

kato said:
Never have liked her. I like ABC myself as far as network news goes. I just heard the Meredith Viera has been offered Katie's slot and that Barbara Walters supports whatever decision she makes.

This would be a good choice imo. I like Meredith. I also like Joy and I think that she would have been good with Regis with Kathy lee left. As for the rest of the View, I really can't stomach Star these days and that ditsy blond's constant unintelligent chatter drives me up the wall.

If Meredith leaves the View there is no View....I cant see anyone else including BW carrying it. Meredith has something more than all of them-maybe its her pure journalistic background (prior to the View), maybe its the depth she has which shows in a million ways....but NO Meredith= No View. It wont survive her leaving.
One of the reasons I would leave if I were Katie is to have a job where she gets to sleep all night and have a regular life. For that alone she should take it.

I agree. Meredith is The View. She keeps the whole show going.

As for Katie being a news anchor, no thank-you. I'll be sure not to watch her. I have developed a dislike for her in the morning and she doesn't have the gravitas to be an anchor.

That is one phrase that I don't care to hear with my nightly news and Katie Couric uses it alot. I guess she thinks it makes her "cute" or "folksy" or whatever but it drives me nuts.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Rangelmcguire
Back