GUILTY CT - Andrew Kissel, 46, stabbed to death, Greenwich, 3 April 2006

Andrew Kissel was to appear Thursday in federal court

Greenwich, Connecticut- The brother of an investment banker poisoned in Hong Kong in what became known as the 'milkshake murder' was found stabbed to death in his home, police said.

When movers found the body of 46 year old Andrew Kissel on Monday his hands and feet were bound, a manager for JB Moving Services in Stamford said. There are no signs of forced entry or burglary, Police Chief James Walters said.

" This was not a random act,"he said. "We do believe that Mr Kissel was the intended target of the assault".

http://www.cnn.com/2006/LAW/04/04/milkshake.murder.ap/index.html

I wonder if this was the wife or a business acquaintence. Seems there were several with a motive.

Link to Robert Kissel's thread: The Milk-Shake Murder - Robert Kissel - DEAD at 39 - Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community

I wonder why no one is very interested in this case. I am especially because of how his brother died. This guy had mucho problems criminally, financially and mental.

Kato, I kept seeing this on the news yesterday. It is a very interesting case. The fact that he had conned so many people out of money, was in a very bitter divorce, and his brother was murdered in 2003. It will be very interesting to see what happens.

This case first really interested me when I learned of how the brother died also. Too weird. I really don't know how they've come up with a suicide for hire theory at all when the man was stabbed 5 times in the back though. Much easier ways to accomplish that.

tompettyfan said:
This case first really interested me when I learned of how the brother died also. Too weird. I really don't know how they've come up with a suicide for hire theory at all when the man was stabbed 5 times in the back though. Much easier ways to accomplish that.

That's what the TH's were saying last night on Greta that you would think they or whoever would've just shot him in the head and be done with it.

Also, it is being theorized that he had himself killed so his kids could receive the insurance payout since they don't pay on suicides.

Well the suicide for hire theory is knocking around, but I read an article that states that is has all of the hall marks of a revenge killing.

The stabbing part is painful and not the method used by contract killers, it would be a method of control, to gain information, to inflict pain.

But the interesting thing is that he was shot also.

He has defrauded so many people of money, that the suspect pool is huge.

CyberLaw said:
Well the suicide for hire theory is knocking around, but I read an article that states that is has all of the hall marks of a revenge killing.

The stabbing part is painful and not the method used by contract killers, it would be a method of control, to gain information, to inflict pain.

But the interesting thing is that he was shot also.

He has defrauded so many people of money, that the suspect pool is huge.

Oh, I hadn't heard the part about him being shot. And I agree a contract hit would not have been so messy.

I am interested in this case.

I wonder if the shot killed him and the stabbings were to look revengeful and that it really was a hired suicide? Did that make sense?
Have been reading about this case all week.
Tragedy has sure enveloped this family, possibly by its own making in some cases.

If you were going to hire someone to kill you- for the benefit of your family... why would it have to be so brutal. I can see this theory being floated if he were shot once in the head while he was sleeping, or whatever- but stabbed and shot? They'd be able to tell if the stabbing was done post mortem... It sure doesn't seem like someone would have this purposely done to themselves.

Dom Dunne is going to be on Catherine Crier's show to discuss this case. He will be in a later segment they are talking about the 2 missing Milwaukee boys now.

The movers arrive and Kissel refuses to leave. Kissel and his wife have big fight in front of the movers, the wife extremely mad of course. The movers are furious, with their schedule disrupted. Wife aside tells movers how Kissell's going to jail and they (she and kids) would be better off if the louse was dead. Mover commiserates. Bonding occurs. Light bulbs glow. Next morning movers return to locked gate. Movers call wife and either get key code, or maybe they already had it and say mission accomplished. Movers find body. Everyone except Kissell is very happy.

If I was going to hire someone to suicide me, I could think of better ways to go than being bound hand & foot and stabbed to death.

Lacy Wood said:
The movers arrive and Kissel refuses to leave. Kissel and his wife have big fight in front of the movers, the wife extremely mad of course. The movers are furious, with their schedule disrupted. Wife aside tells movers how Kissell's going to jail and they (she and kids) would be better off if the louse was dead. Mover commiserates. Bonding occurs. Light bulbs glow. Next morning movers return to locked gate. Movers call wife and either get key code, or maybe they already had it and say mission accomplished. Movers find body. Everyone except Kissell is very happy.
Hmmmm...Sounds plausible. I don't think that Kissell set up his own suicide. From the little that I know about him, he doesn't seem like the type.

Kissell's estranged wife did not attend his funeral because his family did not want her to and so neither did his two kids. 8 and 4 I think.

kato said:
Kissell's estranged wife did not attend his funeral because his family did not want her to and so neither did his two kids. 8 and 4 I think.
Apparently the man was widely despised. Even by his own blood, judging by some things said about him by close family members. I believe his own father said something to the effect: "My son ripped off a lot of people."

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SAGEWITHRAGE
Back