OH OH - Brian Shaffer, 27, Columbus, 1 April 2006 - #1

Status
Not open for further replies.

Helper

Reaction score
Brian Shaffer, a 27 year old medical student at Ohio State University, has been missing since Saturday morning. He was last seen leaving a bar, the Ugly Tuna Saloona, at 1:30 a.m.

Attractive young man...

I burst out laughing at the "evolution of men and women" on his myspace site!

At first I was thinking maybe the pressures of med school were getting to him....then i read on his girlfriend's profile that they were planning a trip to miami soon and he sounded excited...

i really do not like seeing all these college kids turning up missing after leaving bars. :furious:

edit: ok it says his mother just died early in march...hmmm...hope he is OK and just needed some time alone.

Psychics searched Brian Shaffer's apartment on Tuesday evening.

"When I saw his picture (Monday) night, I immediately tuned into him and felt that he'd been drinking too much over the weekend. He's gone through a recent tragedy. His mother's passed away. I think he was just a little too drunk to really make it home safely," psychic Bill Mitchell said.

Psychics said they had visions inside the apartment.

"I feel positive that he's alive, but I feel there has been injury. I keep feeling impact in my abdomen," psychic Marc Moody said.

Columbus police thought they might have had a break in the case with a surveillance video taken early Saturday morning outside of the Ugly Tuna Saloona, where Brian Shaffer was last seen. They thought a man seen on the video getting onto an escalator outside of the bar, followed by two men in black shirts, was Brian Shaffer.

Late Tuesday, however, police determined that the man was not Brian Shaffer after blowing up the video and showing it to family and friends.
http://www.nbc4i.com/news/8474636/detail.html

Does LE log in to these accounts? It says his last login was today ... Nevermind, I already have the answer

I hope he turns up okay.
I just looked at his myspace and he seems like a neat guy. He put his late mom down as his hero and said he hopes he never lets her down.

montana_16 said:
I hope he turns up okay.
I just looked at his myspace and he seems like a neat guy. He put his late mom down as his hero and said he hopes he never lets her down.
I agree, he seems like a nice guy with everything in order in his life and doing well.
I have heard of too many guys drinking and being found in the river this past year. Was he anywhere near the river?

I see that he's a big music fan, listing Pearl Jam first. It's strange how we've seen over the past year or so William "Mike" Hogan (Pearl Jam fan, I believe, still missing), Noah Webster (also PJ fan as I recall, found in a pond in Mass.), and Patrick Welsh (fan of Ratdog and All Mighty Senators, found in the Hudson River, NYC).

Without sounding odd, something bothers me about that area. I found another osu man from 2002 that was found near old state road. Assuming the 3 men that were convicted were the only ones involved OK. however, looking at this case, his case, and luzio case, i plotted the locations on google's 3d map and noticed a triangle. I highly doubt their related, but thats how I keep track of what im currently looking at. The case from 02 seems less likely to connect to these two, but it was drug related. I found one internet site with "hearsay/rumor" insinuating that Tony was involved with meth somehow. Which is an AWFUL drug that can completely change a person. I lost my bestfriend of 12 + years to it. She stopped caring about people caring about her, and stopped talking to anyone who didn't do it with her. I contacted crimestoppers with the information I found on Tony including a description of an image I found on satellite that looks like a car a couple of days ago. I was shocked to find another website where supposedly Tony's bestfriend asked a psychic where tony was after I submitted my info to pd. It made the hairs on my neck stand up. I've showed many people the same imagine and most agree, it looks like a car in the river with water flowing around it.
http://www.cleveland.com/psychic/index.ssf?/living/more/psychic/archive/090205a.html

I did receive an email back from an investigator, however they didn't ask about the image. I hope and pray that for his parents sake, im blind and seeing things and that psychic is wrong. I watched the same satellite image for weeks, and it did change, but the object I saw is still there. I even scanned the river looking for possible drop sites where someone could have either ditched a car into it, or drove off accidentally. All I know is I can't wait til it gets warm, if its still there by summer Im thinking about renting a boat and going swimming.

Another thing that bothers me is a man they found here months ago was last seen in delaware, while he lived 50 miles ne, he was found dead in the woods, drug related. The man who shot him, shot him for witnessing ANOTHER crime a week prior in delaware county.....the man in 02 was also an osu student killed by a hired gunmen shot in the head. I looked up the 3 men convicted. All got life except one man got 6 years I believe. It just makes me wonder if one of those was the "main guy" or just his little dealers.

The man in 02 was found not even 15 minutes from Luzio's last appearance. The man in this post was last seen 23 minutes from the same area....is it just a coincidence or is it possible that I may be onto something.

I watched a show on meth a couple of weeks ago, and it angered me because LE was talking about "what if it made it to the east coast" WHERE HAVE THEY BEEN? It's been here in my town since about 2000. That Im aware of. The funniest thing about it, is you would think that you can tell. They hide it very well. My bestfriend hid it for a year, then I found out the guy she was living with was cooking it, and he was busted.

I hope they find Brian, and I hope its not in the same situation as the two above. Hopefully he just needed some time to think. But I would bet $20 he met someone the night he left the bar. Its crossed my mind that possibly Tony met his fate by someone finding out that his father was a cop and maybe he witnessed a deal or something. I hope the info I gave the pd will help to answer some questions.

Maybe these people just took advantage of the fact that he is missing. They knew no one would be in his apartment so they broke in. This poor family doesn't need any more to deal with.

I think it is very odd that on the video LE said it appears he goes back inside the bar but none of the tapes show him leaving. I think something bad happened to him that night. I dont believe he planned on running away on purpose. What do the 2 women he was talking with have to say?

Could he have decided to walk home on his own and got mugged? Something is not adding up here. I wonder how many people were still in the bar at 2:00 am.

This case strikes me as he was in the wrong place at the wrong time. What does anyone else think?

Please see missing osu post under same main thread.

I though this was an interesting find, I got bored and decided to cross reference blogs for the Ugly Tuna Saloona....I've never read anything about Mad Mex in the news with Brian. Anyone else heard this?

"Brian Shaffer, a med student at OSU, has been missing since Saturday evening. His photo is in the article above. Sources differ on whether he was last seen at the Ugly Tuna Saloona or leaving Mad Mex, but all reference that specific area (South Campus Gateway)."

That is very interesting. I wonder how Mad Mex came into the picture. Can the video of him outside the Ugly Tuna Saloona be viewed anywhere?

Yes its very intresting. Does anyone know if these two are maybe just right beside each other so they are saying maybe he left one and went into another? THis case is very sad. His poor girlfriend seems really distrought :(

I started to wonder about this, im gonna look for some video feed. Is it possibly he borrowed a hoodie or jacket from someone and this is why they never saw him leave? I heard a cop on tv talk about the construction near the back door, he could have left through it, but it would have been difficult even for someone sober. I also found something on a blog about a girl who had been drinkining there who went into acoma when she got home. Which got me thinking about possible alcohol poisoning ??

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
zipperoni