Canada - Yousif Youkhana, 58, beaten to death at Toronto bingo hall, 7 April 2006

Alta

Proudly Canadian
Reaction score
Police in Toronto are searching for four women suspected of beating a man to death over a $1,000 jackpot he had just won in a bingo hall, according to Local 6 News.
Police said Yousif Youkhana, 58, was walking outside the Country Bingo Hall over the weekend with his $1,000 winnings when he was approached by the women.

When Youkhana refused to hand over the jackpot, the women kicked and punched him, the report said.

http://www.local6.com/news/8608871/detail.html

For the love of Pete!!! I can't believe what people will do for money....and it was only $1000.00....is beating a person worth it?

Good Grief! It looks like they took Bingo a little too seriously.

I knew a few women like that....I used to work with them. SOOOOO competitive!
the original tez said:
Good Grief! It looks like they took Bingo a little too seriously.

It is not like you have "high class" people attending these events.

A lot of places do have "security" concerns.

Apparently according to the description of these women they outnumbered him in bother numbers and size. I think two of the women were 200 lbs+.

But according to reports, they are regulars.

The 1000.00 Jackpot was the "big" pot of the night.

The man had a heart condition that may have lead to his demise.

When I was much younger, I went to one of these Bingo's places, people take it very seriously as it is gambling.

I was soooooo bored, my friend ended up playing my cards, as she was keeping an eye on them, just in case, because after all I was looking up at the ceiling, walls, and was bored, bored, bored.

Bingo Winner loses, then. :(

It's a jungle out there. bingo conjures up, for me, little old ladies hunched over scores of cards marking fast and furiously and meeting up with pals for a night out.

however, for some it's more serious . . . :(

Well I am sure in Nursing Homes and Elder Care homes, little old ladies are huddled over cards.

But at these Bingo centres, some are not in very good areas of town and some people are "gambling" away their welfare cheques........

They all go into these events "hoping" that they will walk out of there with a 1000.00

Not a very good class of people............and security is provided.

I wish this man choose to accept a cheque rather then cash, it may have saved him his life.

But some of these people may not even have bank accounts.........

I really feel sorry for his family.....but trust me when I say the cops will catch these "high class" women and bring them to justice.

I put money on that.............

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Hoist Gracie