GUILTY OK - Jamie Bolin, 10, abducted & murdered, Purcell, 13 April 2006

Elicere

Reaction score
http://www.channeloklahoma.com/news/8666587/detail.html?subid=22100424&qs=1;bp=t

PURCELL, Okla. -- The search for a missing Purcell girl has now met the criteria for an Amber Alert, officials said late Thursday.

Jamie Bolin, 10, disappeared while riding her bicycle Wednesday night, authorities said. Bolin is 4 feet, 110 pounds, with has shoulder-length red hair and blue eyes. She was last seen wearing a pink shirt, blue jeans and either white tennis shoes or flip-flops.

She was last seen riding her green bicycle near Purcell Middle School; however, witnesses have reported that she was taken by a white male between 20 and 30 years old, driving a dark blue Tahoe with a partial license plate of Z69-???. The witness reported that the word "Fox" is written in the back window.

Anyone with information regarding Bolin is asked to call 1 (877) OK-AMBER.

PURCELL, Okla. — Authorities issued an Amber Alert on Thursday night for a 10-year-old Purcell girl who hadn't been seen for more than 24 hours.

Jamie Rose Bolin was reported missing by her father, Curtis Bolin, when she didn't return home Wednesday night, Police Chief David Tompkins said.

"The last time anyone saw her was a neighbor girl between 4 and 5 p.m.," Tompkins said. "She told us that Jamie was riding her bicycle from school to her house to get a set of keys so she could go to the library."

Police were looking for a white male between the ages of 20 and 30 who was driving a dark blue Chevrolet Tahoe with Texas license plates that had been in the Purcell area on Thursday. The vehicle had dark tinted windows, large shiny wheels and the word "fox" on its back window, police said. A partial license plate reading was "Z69," according to the alert.

more (with photos) at:

http://www.dallasnews.com/sharedcontent/dws/dn/latestnews/stories/041506dntexamber.347e512b.html

This is the first I have heard of this. I just saw a CNN bulletin that her body had been found at the apartment complex.

Hopefully, there will be more info. Poor little girl....

Cnn is reporting LE has found her body in the apt complex where she lived.

Ang50 said:
Cnn is reporting LE has found her body in the apt complex where she lived.

How sad. I wonder who said that they saw her in a truck? Was someone trying to throw the cops off of the trail I wonder. Does she have a dad or stepdad? Terrible the way my mind works but we know how these cases turn out half of the time. I wonder what kind of a neighborhood she lived in. Lots of questions.

Interesting tidbit from this "alert"

****Amber Alert Canceled****
Amber Alert Canceled for 10 Year Old Oklahoma Girl
Posted: Thursday April 13, 2006 10:13 PM CST
Updated: Friday, April 14, 2006: 8:33 PM CST
The Oklahoma State Police and the Purcell Police Department canceled the Amber Alert after the girl's body was found in the apartment complex in which she lived. The unidentified suspect is in custody at this time.

More information may be at www.codeamber.org.

chicoliving said:
Interesting tidbit from this "alert"

Amber Alert Canceled for 10 Year Old Oklahoma Girl
Posted: Thursday April 13, 2006 10:13 PM CST
Updated: Friday, April 14, 2006: 8:33 PM CST
The Oklahoma State Police and the Purcell Police Department canceled the Amber Alert after the girl's body was found in the apartment complex in which she lived. The unidentified suspect is in custody at this time.

More information may be at www.codeamber.org.

I was just sick when I got the second alert Chico. The majority usually say they've been found, but when I read the follow-up it just made me sick.

Tom'sGirl said:
I was just sick when I got the second alert Chico. The majority usually say they've been found, but when I read the follow-up it just made me sick.
I know.....just so sad. Talking online to some man makes me wonder if it was this guy in custody and if its the same guy as the downstairs neighbor. Haven't heard about her bike though...if it was recovered or not. As always so many questions.

chicoliving said:
I know.....just so sad. Talking online to some man makes me wonder if it was this guy in custody and if its the same guy as the downstairs neighbor. Haven't heard about her bike though...if it was recovered or not. As always so many questions.
This part from your link just got to me.........The disappearance was first treated as a runaway, but an Amber Alert was issued after another girl told police Jamie had been using a computer to talk online with a man.
If indeed she actually was seen getting into that Tahoe truck, of course they will immediately know if it belongs to the guy downstairs.

I don't want to read too much into this case until the facts are out, BUT IF IT IS the guy downstairs it raises a lot of other questions.

Tom'sGirl said:
If indeed she actually was seen getting into that Tahoe truck, of course they will immediately know if it belongs to the guy downstairs.

I don't want to read too much into this case until the facts are out, BUT IF IT IS the guy downstairs it raises a lot of other questions.
This is very sad. Hindsight looking at this case and the Amber Alert issued so late leaves me wondering if an Amber Alert should have been issued in the first place. If the suspect down stairs is responsible and it does look that way and the Tahoe does not belong to him, then noone saw Jamie abducted.

It has got to be tough on officials knowing when to issue an Amber Alert, just a week ago there was Kelsey Stelting which turned out to be a hoax. Officials are in a catch-22 situation, damned if they do and damned if the do not.

Condolences for Jamie's family.

SO sad...Jamie reminds me of a little girl my daughter played softball with last summer. Prayers for her and for her family. :(

Anngelique said:
This is so sad. What is wrong with people today?

http://www.cnn.com/2006/US/04/14/ok.missinggirl/index.html
Some ODD stuff in the CNN article. Jamie's body found in his apartment and the death must have been pretty violent based on the DA's comments. BUT - the suspect was picked up in a traffic stop - so did they stop him b/c they'd found the body and needed him? How'd they find the body then? He had no prior record, so it's not like they could have easily gotten a search warrant, even maybe with a strong tip. Or other way - traffic stop, and he blabs about Jamie?

Also - investigators do not believe a Tahoe was involved. DA also says there may be a second person involved - a sex predator. Interesting too, in that it probably means she was sexually assaulted, but otherwise, why think there's a second person?

Ang50 said:
Some ODD stuff in the CNN article. Jamie's body found in his apartment and the death must have been pretty violent based on the DA's comments. BUT - the suspect was picked up in a traffic stop - so did they stop him b/c they'd found the body and needed him? How'd they find the body then? He had no prior record, so it's not like they could have easily gotten a search warrant, even maybe with a strong tip. Or other way - traffic stop, and he blabs about Jamie?

Also - investigators do not believe a Tahoe was involved. DA also says there may be a second person involved - a sex predator. Interesting too, in that it probably means she was sexually assaulted, but otherwise, why think there's a second person?
Actually it said a Police Checkpoint, not traffic stop. We have them around here frequently and have to show our driver's license if asked.

His name & address may have caught the attention of an officer who was alerted to crime where Jamie's murdered body was found and questioned him.

I'm just guessing here. Like I posted earlier, IF she was actually seen getting into the Tahoe truck.........one article even mentioned there were two girls seen getting into the truck. Now we hear no Tahoe truck was probably involved.

Lots of facts to fill in here, but I guessing it won't be long before we know most of what actually took place, and it must have been horrific.

I stand corrected - police checkpoint is correct. Anyone know if OK has them frequently? This would be pretty unusual in WI - I've never seen or heard of one here. Was the checkpoint in relation to the Amber Alert then?

Even so - my questions stand. Was LE looking for him, or was he being weird during the stop and then things went from there?

http://www.cnn.com/2006/US/04/14/ok.missinggirl/index.html

This poor child......
PURCELL, Oklahoma (CNN) -- Authorities said Friday night they plan to seek the death penalty against a suspect after the body of a missing 10-year-old girl was found in his apartment.

Snip...
Officials were releasing little information, citing the ongoing probe. But, Kuykendall said, "I have never, ever been involved ... in a death or a homicide that has been as atrocious and heinous and cruel as what I believe this little girl suffered before her death."

Underwood, who was arrested after he was stopped at a police checkpoint, has no apparent criminal history, Tomkins said.

for anyone who gives a *advertiser censored*.... Underwood's weblog -

http://www.futureworldruler.blogspot.com/

Apparently he's a FUTUREWORLD RULER??????????

http://www.blogger.com/profile/861706

http://profile.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=user.viewprofile&friendID=57122857
above has a photo of the jerk

quote from his website?????? NOT TO MENTION HE'S 26 AND NEVER HAD A GIRLFRIEND???????? FRIGGIN HUGE CLUE THERE.
MAY HE BURN IN HELL

"I am not a "macho man," and have in fact been accused of being gay more than once. Mostly because I've never had a girlfriend, and don't stare at women out in public. My idea of a good time is to cuddle up together on the couch and watch a DVD or something. I love to cuddle, hug, and kiss. That isn't to say I don't like sexual activity, though. I'm a very sexual being, though I haven't really had a chance to explore that side of life. "

WOW, reading another BLOG...... of his.... horrible feedback messages to him.
http://blog.myspace.com/index.cfm?f...&MyToken=baab6525-bc05-4025-bc80-a48263d1b02e

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jemabogado
Back