GUILTY NE - Wayne, 58, & Sharmon Stock, 55, shot to death, Murdock, 17 April 2006

Marie

Daughter, if you don't remember us...who will?
Reaction score
Link

MURDOCK, Neb. — The bodies of a husband and wife were found in a home in rural Cass County early Monday.

The couple were identified as Wayne and Charmon Stock, ages 58 and 55, respectively.

Their deaths were being investigated as a double homicide, authorities said.

Their deaths were being investigated as a double homicide, authorities said.

I wonder what evidence they have making them lean torward a double homicde and not a murder/suicide? Perhaps there was no murder weapon found at the scene.

Murder/suicide is what I thought at frist, too, when I read the headline. Yes, maybe no weapon found, or maybe the location of the wounds.

I hope it wasn't one of their children that did it - the situation just seems strange to me.

Authorities call Murdock deaths homicides

The couple, Wayne and Sharmon Stock of rural Murdock, whom neighbors referred to as upstanding and quiet, last were seen about 10:15 p.m. Sunday at their farm two miles west of Murdock, said Cass County Sheriff Bill Brueggemann.

This is strange. A small rural area, nice couple, nothing missing from their home, and the sheriff says, "
“A few things don’t make sense.” I agree with him!

The Stock family is a rock of this town, population 269

Cass County Sheriff Bill Brueggemann said evidence suggests the couple was awakened by the perpetrator. Both were found dead on the floor in an upstairs bedroom area of their home, he said.

Wayne Stock, 58, was seen first, and then rescue squads found Sharmon Stock, 55, who was on the floor “behind the bed,” said the sheriff, who didn’t elaborate.

As one resisdent put it, with a population of only 269 it's going to be impossible for the townspeople not to know the person who murdered the Stock's.

Funerals set for slain Murdock couple

The 10:30 a.m. services at Murdock High School’s gym will mark nearly a week since Wayne, 58, and Sharmon, 55, Stock were last seen the evening following a family Easter gathering at the couple’s home.

Cass County Sheriff Bill Brueggemann said he doesn’t believe the slayings were the work of someone passing through.

Two More Charged In Stock Murders

Wayne+and+Sharmon+Stock.jpg

Two more people are now facing murder charges in connection with the deaths of a Murdock, Nebraska couple. A gold ring found in the victim's home led authorities to two Wisconsin teenagers.

Wayne and Sharmon Stock were found shot to death in the home two miles west of Murdock on April 17. Both had been shot in the head at close range with a shotgun.

if (self['plpm'] && plpm['Mid-Story Ad']) document.write('');if (self['plpm'] && plpm['Mid-Story Ad']){ document.write(plpm['Mid-Story Ad']);} else { if(self['plurp'] && plurp['97']){} else {document.write(''); } }if (self['plpm'] && plpm['Mid-Story Ad']) document.write('');The Cass County Attorney's office has now charged 17-year-old Jessica M. Reid and 19-year-old Gregory D. Fester II, both of Horicon, Wisconsin, with two counts of murder and two counts of use of a firearm in connection with the murders.

Reid and Fester were already in custody in Dodge County, Wis., on car theft and other charges.

Twenty-two-year-old Nicholas Sampson of Palmyra, and his cousin, 28-year-old Matthew Livers, of Lincoln, were charged earlier with two counts of first-degree murder and use of a firearm to commit a felony. Livers is Wayne Stock's nephew.

More: http://www.wowt.com/home/headlines/3010661.html

KETV

"...According to court documents, Reid wrote in her diary about the murder, saying "I wish I could do it all the time ... I loved it."..."

Livers and Sampson's pics at the link below:

http://www.wowt.com/news/headlines/2812621.html

I remember reading about this murder...The victims were such nice gentle people. Absolutely senseless killing - I hope Reid loves prison.

cathieq said:
KETV

"...According to court documents, Reid wrote in her diary about the murder, saying "I wish I could do it all the time ... I loved it."..."

Livers and Sampson's pics at the link below:

http://www.wowt.com/news/headlines/2812621.html

I remember reading about this murder...The victims were such nice gentle people. Absolutely senseless killing - I hope Reid loves prison.
I agree. Totally senseless. Over money. Tsk.

Such a young life wasted because of her choices.

From March 2007:

http://journalstar.com/news/local/c...cle_20d5f29f-d1ed-507d-8a94-a9aba1b3bd18.html

Fester and Reid were each given two consecutive life sentences for killing Wayne, a respected farmer and business owner, and Sharmon, a former teacher who was caring for her elderly mother.

In January, Reid and Fester plead guilty to two counts each of second-degree murder. In addition, Fester plead guilty to one count of use of a firearm to commit a felony, for which he received a 10-20 year sentence on Monday.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CarpSleuth
Back