Brooke Shields Has Baby Girl Same Day As Tomkat

Thinkoflaura

Former Member
Reaction score
Brooke Shields also gives birth
Ironically, Suri was born the same day as Brooke Shields’ newborn daughter, Grier Hammond Henchy.

Shields and Cruise had a public spat last year after he criticized the actress for taking antidepressants following the birth of her first child.

I'm thrilled for Brooke and Chris, and little Rowan. I love Brooke and how she stood up to Nutcase Cruise about postpartum depression drugs. Welcome to the world, Grier!

How ironic they were born the same day.......I love the name Grier.....my maiden name is Greer.

What a HOOT that Brooke Shields stole TomKat's THUNDER on the birth of his daughter. I mean, talk about sweet revenge ~ too funny!

TopGunner said:
What a HOOT that Brooke Shields stole TomKat's THUNDER on the birth of his daughter. I mean, talk about sweet revenge ~ too funny!

Don't you just love it!! :woohoo:

I am happy for Brooke and her family, and I think she has more class in her little finger than Tom Cruise will ever have--even if he lives to be 100 years old! :innocent:

So ironic!

I am happy for Grier to be born into a life with SANE parents.

I just hope Brooke has it easier this time around and doesn't develop PPD.

Thinkoflaura said:
Brooke Shields also gives birth
Ironically, Suri was born the same day as Brooke Shields’ newborn daughter, Grier Hammond Henchy.

Shields and Cruise had a public spat last year after he criticized the actress for taking antidepressants following the birth of her first child.
Congrats to Brooke. I love the names she gives her kids! I hope she doesn't suffer like she did last time.

Turns out Katie and Brooke had their babies in the same hospital, same day and same floor.

englishleigh said:
I'm thrilled for Brooke and Chris, and little Rowan. I love Brooke and how she stood up to Nutcase Cruise about postpartum depression drugs. Welcome to the world, Grier!
I loved Brooke's response, too. It certainly gave me a newfound respect for her. Congrats to her and hubby on a healthy baby girl! :)

englishleigh said:

Ditto! :clap::clap:

Many blessings for Brooke and baby Grier!! Brooke is a wonderful mom and role model.

I'll bet she didn't offer to eat her baby's placenta!!!:rolleyes:

A quote from an article about Brooke Shields:

"24/7 with the kids? I don't know how people do it. If my main job was just to be with the two of them, I would not be as effective. I would be short-tempered; I would be less appreciative. Some people just revel in it, and that's beautiful. I revel in a different way."
- Brooke Shields tells the new issue of LIFE, available in newspapers across America on Friday, March 23rd.

I haven't read the entire article, of course, so I don't know the context, but I"ll be she catches some flack for saying this! I personally think she and I are cut from the same cloth.

"24/7 with the kids? I don't know how people do it. If my main job was just to be with the two of them, I would not be as effective. I would be short-tempered; I would be less appreciative. Some people just revel in it, and that's beautiful. I revel in a different way."
- Brooke Shields tells the new issue of LIFE, available in newspapers across America on Friday, March 23rd.

I haven't read the entire article, of course, so I don't know the context, but I"ll be she catches some flack for saying this! I personally think she and I are cut from the same cloth.

I'll bet she does, too, and that annoys me. I wish people would realize that what works for them doesn't necessarily work for others. Everyone is so darn quick to judge.

I've always held that what's best for Mom is what's best for the kids. Being a stay-at-home Mom is best for some, being a working-outside-the-home Mom is best for others. Not so tough, IMO.

I'll bet she does, too, and that annoys me. I wish people would realize that what works for them doesn't necessarily work for others. Everyone is so darn quick to judge.

I've always held that what's best for Mom is what's best for the kids. Being a stay-at-home Mom is best for some, being a working-outside-the-home Mom is best for others. Not so tough, IMO.

I agree, IM!

Like they say "If Mama ain't happy, nobody's happy!" :)

Hi Irish!

You are so right! I know lots of mothers in lots of different situations raising happy healthy kids even though their choices about how to do that vary. I learned the hard way that I am a much better mother when I focus on my needs and on my marriage first and my kids second.

My needs aren't extravagant (healthy diet, enough sleep without kids, daily adult professional interaction without kids, weekly spiritual meetings without kids, weekly date nights with my husband without kids, daily time where I just have to take care of me and no one else...), but if I fail to take care of them on a regular basis, I cope in highly unhealthy ways and become ineffective as a loving mother!

At the same time, I have all the respect in the world for - let's say - my homeschooling Mommy friends who are with their kids 24/7. They are better Moms per that arrangement.

We still have a long way to go before all good mothers's choices and decisions are respected and accepted.

Southcitymom, you are right on with your comments.

Brooke is being totally honest.

Women weren't "allowed" to admit this when I was growing up in the 60's and 70's. Let alone in the 50's. Women were told they should be happy staying at home with the kids and that was that.

Some women are really great at staying home with the kids all day. I admire them with every inch of my being. I am more like Brooke. I need to get out for a few hours a day or I lose my mind. God Bless the mothers who can be around their kids 24/7. It is the hardest job on the planet.

I think that is what Brooke was trying to get across too. That being a stay at home mom is the hardest job she can imagine.

I hope she doesn't get flack. She is not disparaging mothers at all. Just the opposite.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MaryEllen77
Back