"Reputation" button- my 2 cents on this feature....

IdahoMom

Former Member
Reaction score
Website
Visit site
....For Future Reference:

:twocents: I just noticed this morning that someone, somehow dredged up an old post from somewhere....it's no longer in the jury room, so this person must have gone into archives or something. The "reputation box" is obviously going to be abused by some.
:twocents: This person made a rude comment in my reputation box. It is obvious to me that this person is taking a potshot. THey had to go LOOKING for this archived post from over a month ago that is no longer visible here. I think the reputation box is something that will obviously be abused. This person was able to make a snide comment, and do it anonymously. I say "thumbs down" to this feature, and to the person that so cowardly did their little drive-by! :twocents:

FYI- I just backtracked and I think I have figured out who did this. I went to this person's member profile and their "last time online" matches the post time on the side-swipe! Makes sense now that I know who this is! :)

Idahomom,

I'm sorry this happened. But, I have no idea what a "reputation box" is. Can you please help me out? Thank you.

I think its a feature that should not exist here, because you are correct, there will be SOME that will totally abuse it !!! :rolleyes: :doh:

Someone told me "I sucked" anyone want to fess up? :D

LOL

MrsMush99 said:
Idahomom,

I'm sorry this happened. But, I have no idea what a "reputation box" is. Can you please help me out? Thank you.
Hun-
I added to my post. Did you see the update at the bottom? The reputation box is the little black box in the upper right hand corner of the posts.

Casshew said:
Someone told me "I sucked" anyone want to fess up? :D

LOL
:twocents: See how it can cause problems? Some sickos with no backbone will obviously abuse it.:chicken:

But! I have figured out how to track who does it, and I will promptly report these abuses in the future!

Yikes Cass!

Seems like there should be a way to know who said it. Otherwise, your right, it will be abused. :twocents:

Actually it drops off after a few days.... the "you suck" remark is gone now... now Ihave 4 nice remarks and one "poor taste" :D

Well, I think that feature is now gone. Does anyone else see it?

Thanks to whomever dealt with this! :)

Thanks Idahomom,

It doesn't look like I have one. The upper right hand corner only has where I can report a bad post. Doesn't matter. I probably would have never used it anyway.

Thanks again.

MrsMush99 said:
Thanks Idahomom,

It doesn't look like I have one. The upper right hand corner only has where I can report a bad post. Doesn't matter. I probably would have never used it anyway.

Thanks again.
:)

I think it's gone now. It was being used by some in a very negative way, which is counter to what we're supposed to be doing here now. :)

IdahoMom said:
Well, I think that feature is now gone. Does anyone else see it?

Thanks to whomever dealt with this! :)

I dont see it Idahomom, Thank goodness after that bad reputation you gave me :blowkiss:

LinnieB said:
I dont see it Idahomom, Thank goodness after that bad reputation you gave me :blowkiss:
Seriously, were you able to retrieve it? I can't find mine anymore! Whew!

Casshew said:
Actually it drops off after a few days.... the "you suck" remark is gone now... now Ihave 4 nice remarks and one "poor taste" :D

Where do you go to see these?

IdahoMom said:
Seriously, were you able to retrieve it? I can't find mine anymore! Whew!

No, it was not there when I looked, must of gotten rid of it before I had a chance to look.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
zipperoni
Back