MD - Jason Woycio, 29, & Jennifer Morelock, 25, murdered, 23 April 2006

dark_shadows

Former Member
Reaction score
Noontime gunfire claimed the lives of a pregnant woman and her male companion yesterday in West Baltimore, and city police were seeking the public's help in finding their killer.

The victims, Jennifer Lynne Morelock, 25, of New Windsor and Jason David Woycio, 29, of Westminster, were taken to Maryland Shock Trauma Center, where the man was pronounced dead shortly after arrival and Morelock died about 5 p.m., said Detective Michael Baier of the homicide squad.

Baier said Morelock was about six months pregnant and that efforts to save the fetus failed. He said that it died in the womb - and under Maryland law, because the fetus had not drawn a breath of air, its death is not considered a homicide. The detective said he hoped the public would respond to news of the deaths with information that would hasten identification of a suspect.
story

Wow! How horrible :(

The poor baby isn't even regarded as human :(
What is it then? A plant? :mad: A mineral? A "thing"?

How sad, again....:angel:

Wonder who the father of the unborn child is....

OH My gosh I went to school with jason!

I cannot believe this. I just had to go call my hubby and family and tell them this. I havent talked to him in a few years, but this is so sad! I know he has a daughter, I am not sure if he has any more children though. He was a nice guy.:(

I am sorry Michelle...

But I am curious as to what the neighbor hood was like?

THe comment by the neighbor that said "he never goes out of the house when he hears gunshots" is alarming to me.
Could they have been buying drugs? Or maybe the soon -to be x hubby?

I am sorry and hope this is not offending you.. But I could not imagine saying
"I never goes out of the house when he hears gunshots" As if hearing gunshots is commonplace.

Amraann said:
I am sorry Michelle...

But I am curious as to what the neighbor hood was like?

THe comment by the neighbor that said "he never goes out of the house when he hears gunshots" is alarming to me.
Could they have been buying drugs? Or maybe the soon -to be x hubby?

I am sorry and hope this is not offending you.. But I could not imagine saying
"I never goes out of the house when he hears gunshots" As if hearing gunshots is commonplace.
Hey Am, I have been wracking my brains ever since I head about this, and they were not in our usual neighborhood, they are from Carroll County which is where I am from as well, and its country. Apparently they traveled into Baltimore city for something, I can only wonder what. I dont want to speculate since I really dont know, but you and I are thinking along the same lines right now. I mean baltimore city is no place to play around with, not a good area at all!

The public would never know for sure if the baby took a breath or not. It's just their say so. The only ones that know would probably not want it told if it did. More work you know. :furious:

BeeBee said:
The public would never know for sure if the baby took a breath or not. It's just their say so. The only ones that know would probably not want it told if it did. More work you know. :furious:
I think because the article said that the baby died in the womb, but to me its bullcrap. They were Murdered and that baby would be alive had some IDIOT not shot them. I think there were 3 killed not 2. Its so sad how so little is thought of a baby...

west baltimore is a godforsaken hellhole. in fact, the majority of baltimore is a godforsaken hellhole.

reb said:
west baltimore is a godforsaken hellhole. in fact, the majority of baltimore is a godforsaken hellhole.
Gosh, I hate to say this but I agree. I hate Maryland period. DH and I have been talking lately about moving out of state.....

i did, and leaving was one of the hardest things i've ever had to do-- but i 'voted with my feet' as they say... and life's never been better. i don't have to worry about the elevated risk of cancer from all the toxic waste in that area, struggling to breathe in the awful smog, being woken up at night hearing gunshots & automatic weapon-fire out in the street, or being harrassed by thugs, drug addicts & drug dealers every minute of every day; and hearing the awful depressing news every day of how many people got murdered. that city was once beautiful & still has a lot of charm, but thugs on drugs took it over, and the city "leaders" abandoned it years ago.. leaving the law-abiding citizens to fend for themselves. it took me almost 10 years to not have nightmares anymore, or be paranoid having to look behind me everywhere i go. you should get out, it's a big world out there!

reb said:
i did, and leaving was one of the hardest things i've ever had to do-- but i 'voted with my feet' as they say... and life's never been better. i don't have to worry about the elevated risk of cancer from all the toxic waste in that area, struggling to breathe in the awful smog, being woken up at night hearing gunshots & automatic weapon-fire out in the street, or being harrassed by thugs, drug addicts & drug dealers every minute of every day; and hearing the awful depressing news every day of how many people got murdered. that city was once beautiful & still has a lot of charm, but thugs on drugs took it over, and the city "leaders" abandoned it years ago.. leaving the law-abiding citizens to fend for themselves. it took me almost 10 years to not have nightmares anymore, or be paranoid having to look behind me everywhere i go. you should get out, it's a big world out there!
Where did you move too? My DH and I had our son in the ER last night because he has allergies so bad that his eyes were swelling up and it was really bad. I was thinking today how nice it would be to live in the country somewhere where the air was fresher and I hate being around all the riff raff that is here in Maryland. We live in Harford County now and its really bad in some areas here, as much as in the city!

austin, TX. it has its problems like every city, but nothing compared to b-more. there's very little crime and the drug & violence problem doesn't permeate your every day life... it's pretty contained. my first impression was also how CLEAN everything is.. no piles of trash and rats running around everywhere.. graffitti, etc.. like in b-more. also there's a very low vacancy rate. great place to raise kids! many of the residents care about wanting to keep to a livable city. it's changed a lot (a lot of natives would say, due to folks like me moving here LOL) but it's still heads & tails above b-more.
i miss the good things about it & also MD, it was a beautiful state, but it's changing so fast... too fast, and it's too crowded now for me. too damn expensive too!! 1-95 is an absolute nightmare.
folks here (especially those born here) don't like to advertise about austin or see anyone new move here (oh, please-- humans have been transient since the dawn of time!) but i think what's more important is to have people be here who really love it, appreciate it, and care about taking care of it. there's lots of people- born here or not- who are working hard to preserve the natural beauty, quality of life, & the uniqueness of this place.
as for air quality, we have a lot of ozone days in the summer (from the intense heat)- but other than that we have many clear days & the air quality is usually very good. i know i don't get sick half as much as when i lived in MD... in fact hardly ever, at all. and very little breathing problems anymore. there i felt many days like i couldn't get enough oxygen, never had that feeling here. however there are getting to be more & more cars, so if hybrids don't become more commonplace soon, the air quality could diminish. however, there's plenty of countryside left in TX.

all in all, it's a very happy town!

michelle said:
I cannot believe this. I just had to go call my hubby and family and tell them this. I havent talked to him in a few years, but this is so sad! I know he has a daughter, I am not sure if he has any more children though. He was a nice guy.:(
Michelle,
I am very sorry for the loss of your friend.
Respecfully,
dark_shadows

Oh michelle I am sorry:)

Having lost a friend this past weekend I know the shock of it.

I have just felt edgy all day.

I just seen the thread, I am sorry to hear that. Its terrible so fast can life be taken right from us. This whole thing with the guy I knew has me thinking so much about how I thank God everyday I am here, its a blessing....

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wdavewong
Back