FL FL - Lisa Sexton, 14, Tampa, 1 Sept 1984

Richard

Reaction score
25 Years ago...

Lisa Marie Sexton
Missing since May 1, 1981 from Elyria, Lorain County, Ohio.
Classification: Endangered Missing

Vital Statistics
Date Of Birth: May 10, 1966
Age at Time of Disappearance: 14 years old
Height and Weight at Time of Disappearance: 5'8" (173 cm); 125 lbs (57 kg)
Distinguishing Characteristics: White female. Red hair; blue eyes.
Marks, Scars: She has a scar on her left cheek.
Dentals: Available. Her teeth were in near-perfect condition at the time of her disappearance.
Other: DNA available.

Circumstances of Disappearance
Sexton left her Ohio home on May 1, 1981 with her boyfriend, a known drug dealer. He later returned without her and is since deceased. Sexton was last known to be in Tampa, Florida and may have traveled to Mexico. Her mother told authorities that she last heard from her daughter in 1984.

Investigators
If you have any information on Sexton, please contact:
Elyria Police Department 440-322-2241

NCIC Number: M-732031623
Please refer to this number when contacting any agency with information regarding this case.

Source Information:
The National Center For Missing and Exploited Children
The Doe Network: Case File 4DFOH

Link:
http://www.doenetwork.org/cases/4dfoh.html

Richard, when I spoke to investigators about Lake Ponchatrain Jane Doe, they said they were looking at Sexton as a match for her. I don't know if anything ever came of it.

Okay I am going to repost Lisa's Doe page since the website has changed since the start of this thread
http://www.doenetwork.org/cases/4dfoh.html

http://www.charleyproject.org/cases/s/sexton_lisa.html

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Vital Statistics

Date Of Birth: May 10, 1966
Age at Time of Disappearance: 14 years old
Height and Weight at Time of Disappearance: 5'8" (173 cm); 125 lbs (57 kg)
Distinguishing Characteristics: White female. Red hair; blue eyes.
Marks, Scars: She has a scar on her left cheek.
Dentals: Available. Her teeth were in near-perfect condition at the time of her disappearance.
Other: DNA available.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Sexton left her Ohio home on May 1, 1981 with her boyfriend, a known drug dealer. He later returned without her and is since deceased. Sexton was last known to be in Tampa, Florida and may have traveled to Mexico. Her mother told authorities that she last heard from her daughter in 1984.

Compared to this UID:

http://www.doenetwork.org/cases/126uffl.html

https://identifyus.org/cases/6037

The victim was discovered on April 14, 1984 in Altoona, Lake County, Florida
Estimated Date of Death: 2-4 weeks prior to discovery
Partially skeletonized Remains, advanced state of decomposition
Cause of Death was Homicide

Vital Statistics

Estimated age: 17-20 years old
Approximate Height and Weight: 60.5-61.5"; weight unknown Namus states UID was 66 inches Distinguishing Characteristics: Reddish brown hair; unknown eye color
Dentals: Available
Clothing: Wrangler blue jeans; tan canvas shoes with blue trim; tan panties with brown trim; black t-shirt with "Here Comes Trouble"; a white or cream beach shirt or night shirt with "Have You Kissed Your Child Tonight". 15 inch metal necklace chain.
Fingerprints: Available

Case History
The victim was located in a wooded area off of a foot path, off a dirt road, approximately 3 miles north of Highway 42 and approximately 1/4 mile east of Highway 19, in the Lake Dorr Recreation area, in Ocala National Forest

Lisa's mom last spoke with her in 1984 - UID was found in April 1984/ UID Time of Death was 2-4 wks prior
Last known to be in Tampa Florida, UID was found in Altoona FL (which is about a two hr drive)
Look at the hair part to Lisa and the UID... I think it looks the same...
In 1984 Lisa would have been 17 - The UID is listed to be between 17-20 yr old - Hair color matches up also (or close)

The only thing that makes me wonder is the height. Lisa's height is listed at
5'8, The UID on The Doe Network is listed at 5" - 5'1 and the UID on Namus is listed at 5'6 and it is estimated...

Please Give me feedback! I would really appreciate it!

She was thought to be Pontchartrain Jane Doe for awhile, but it turned out it was tested and she wasn't.
This case is truly baffling, just because she vanished and stopped contacting her mom in '84.
(Has that UID been submitted to LE? Afterall, Lisa did leave for FL, and the UID was also found in FL).
I have considered:
1. Her boyfriend was a drug dealer. Maybe a drug deal went bad in Lisa paid for it?
2. Maybe her boyfriend sold her into human trafficking, either in Mexico or somewhere in Southern US. (Was he further investigated?) Many women are sold into this, and don't come home, because they are ashamed, catch something or meet with foul play.
3. Maybe she found something else and is happy, somewhere out there, maybe she just wanted to start all over.
4.She could have been pregnant when she left, maybe she left out of shame, as teen pregnancy was looked down upon way more back than. Has her boyfriend been cleared as a suspect?
5. It's possible she had an accidental death that was not reported or covered up by someone as well.

Opinion on this Doe being Lisa?

https://identifyus.org/en/cases/4694

Height is close, age works. Sadly, there's not much information to go on.

Found in 1988 (DLC was 1984) in GA (which is between FL and Ohio... maybe she was on her way back).

I was hoping Lisa was a match for Daisy Doe found in Tahlequah, OK in 1988 they were 5'8" and both had perfect teeth. I have a lot of info posted on the Daisy Doe forum, I am new here and not sure how this works.

I just heard back from the ME and Lisa is not a match for Daisy. I will post a link to Daisy Doe of Tahlequah in a moment, I have to find her info and I am new at this.

This is a link to Daisy's page, as I said unfortunately or fortunately it was not a match. The ME said she would add Lisa to Daisy's NamUs page as being excluded soon.

The dates are somewhat off, but assuming this missing girl has been compared to Buckskin Girl?

Yeah, independently considering same possibility, now several years later. Ocala Jane Doe doesn't have DNA in system and Lisa was said to have had excellent teeth, but that would have been at the time she left Elyria, OH in 1981, rather than when her mother last heard from her. I think it's definitely worth submitting as a possibility. Where they came up with the September 1, 1984 date, I don't know. Could be that's when her companion returned to Elyria. We've seen heights way off, and in this case the remains were scattered by animals, so maybe more chance of bad estimation. Worth the submission.

LSexton.jpg
LSexton1.jpg

Left: Sexton in 1981; Right: Age-progression to 40 years old (circa 2006)

Lisa Marie Sexton

Statistics
    • Date Of Birth: May 10, 1966
    • Age at Time of Disappearance: 14 years old
    • Height and Weight at Time of Disappearance: 5'8" (173 cm); 125 lbs (57 kg)
    • Distinguishing Characteristics: White female. Red hair; blue eyes.
    • Marks, Scars: She has a scar on her left cheek.
    • Dentals: Available. Her teeth were in near-perfect condition at the time of her disappearance.
    • DNA: Available.

Investigators
If you have any information on Sexton, please contact:
Elyria Police Department
440-322-2241
440-326-1205

NCMEC #: NCMC601898
Agency Case Number: 01S025788
NCIC Number: M-732031623

Source Information:
The National Center For Missing and Exploited Children
Elyria Police Department
Florida Missing Children Information Clearinghouse
The Doe Network: Case File 4DFOH

I am 99.9999% positive that I have found her alive and living in Atlanta. I searched by her dob. Same first, middle name, dob, hair, eyes, smile, nose, etc. She lived in Florida at one point lives in Atlanta area now married to a nice man that looks crazy about hr (found his fb with her photos) in a nice house in a nice life. This Lisa is listed as attending a Bay High School, which is 20 miles from Elyria, Oh. I will notify the case manager on namus to confirm.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
McKeith
Back