Houston- we have a problem

Thinkoflaura

Former Member
Reaction score
Anyone in the Houston area watching the live nerve-racking TV footage of the Continental jet with a FOD damaged tire/ landing gear? My tummy is in knots for the passengers and flight crew.
It's amazing to see the plane rocking back and forth trying to empty fuel tanks before doing a bellly landing.

I know this is extremely topical and will be over soon, but please pray for their safe landing. Destination of the flight was MN twin cities.

Gaaaa, local news just went to national feed of the evening news- breaking story there is Bird Flu and " the threat of a deadly epidemic".

I really wanted to see this plane land safely with 2 tireless rims on front landing gear. I pray all will be safe upon touch down.

Just found it on Fox news. How did the plane lose the tires? There was a similar situation a few months ago, where the front landing gear was stuck sideways. It landed with no problems.

Mabel said:
Just found it on Fox news. How did the plane lose the tires? There was a similar situation a few months ago, where the front landing gear was stuck sideways. It landed with no problems.

Mabel, it FODed. Foreign Object Debris damage from runway.
The nose wheels 2 front tires are absolutely gone. The tire on the right rear of the landing gear appears to be intact. There is a good chance that it will have a safe ending, but to have 2 FODed tires on the left landing gear is almost unheard of. Also, the rims are sharp and will create sparks. There is only one flight attendant on board to help the passengers make a 90 sec. chute emergency disembark.

They are saying it may be " quite a while" before the plane lands. Our local TV stations have reporters on the scene and also pilots in the studio to explain how unusual it is for 2 tires to FOD.

There are many instances of planes which hit FOD on takeoff crashing. I'm glad this one is going to land with empty fuel tanks and emergency foaming and personnel standing by.

WHEW!!!!! I feel like I could throw up....

What an AWESOME pilot!!!!

I've had many a flight with proper landing gear that weren't that smooth! :D

Jules said:
WHEW!!!!! I feel like I could throw up....

What an AWESOME pilot!!!!

I've had many a flight with proper landing gear that weren't that smooth! :D

I second those emotions. :) Everyone's OK. Great piloting skills!! Right down the center line on the runway.
I have several good friends who are international flight pilots and have a great time flying with them in their private planes. They are absolutely fantastic at what they do, IMO.
Experiencing acrobatics in a clear canopied speed plane is what cured me of my fear of flying. LOL. Kind of hard to be afraid when you're dealing with 4 G's. :)

Praise the Lord for a safe landing and for the prayers of the Patrons of Travel! :woohoo: :woohoo: :woohoo:

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Autumn.Doe
Back