NM NM - Dusty Shuck, 24, Silver City, 24 April 2006

I wonder how she ended up so far from New Mexico and if she was reported missing there.

SewingDeb said:
I wonder how she ended up so far from New Mexico and if she was reported missing there.
I have no idea, I tried to find something but cant. I am wondering if she was abducted or what??

http://www.azstarnet.com/sn/crime/128455

"A 24-year-old woman reported missing from Tucson has been found dead in Maryland.
Dusty Myriah Shuck's body was found near a rest stop on Interstate 70 on Thursday, according to Maryland State Police...Shuck was last seen that day at Cope Behavioral Services-Ocotillo, 535 E. Drachman St. She was taken there by court order, but walked away at 4:30 p.m. without checking in, according to a police report. She was wearing a gray shirt and black sweats, the report said..."

From May 2014:

http://www.fredericknewspost.com/ne...cle_bd9272b0-039d-59ef-bc55-f5cca8548ab3.html

Shuck, 24, had schizophrenia and struggled in the past with drug use. She was staying in a Silver City, New Mexico, motel in 2006 as her mother tried to help her. Atwood came to the motel one April day to bring her daughter medication but learned that Shuck had checked out 10 to 15 minutes earlier...

Ten days later, Shuck appeared in her mother's dream, “screaming that she wanted to come home,” Atwood said. When she woke up at about 2 or 3 a.m., Atwood “knew something had happened.” Two thousand miles away, about the same time Atwood was waking up from that dream, a passing driver found Shuck's body on the shoulder of I-70 east, a mile west of Md. 27...

Little is known about how a pretty young mother came from New Mexico to the side of a Maryland highway. Because of the distance she traveled and the proximity of her body to the New Market truck weigh station, Maryland State Police Detective Rick Bachtell suspects her death was the work of a truck driver, possibly a serial killer or someone who struggled with Shuck before killing her elsewhere and dumping her body with little fore or afterthought.

''Florida Man Charged In Cold Case Homicide In Frederick County​

September 19, 2022 -rbbm.
He’s being held in Michigan for a murder in that state.
Garry-Artman.jpg

Garry Artman, a suspect in a 2006 murder in Frederick County. (Photo from Md. State Police)

Pikesville, Md (KM) Charges have been filed in a 16-year-old cold case homicide in Frederick County. Garry Artman, 64, of White Springs, Florida, is charged with 1st-degree murder 2nd-degree murder, 1st-degree assault and 2nd-degree assault.
“This is a cold case homicide dating back to 2006 when the body of a young, 24-year-old girl from New Mexico was discovered near a rest stop on the side of the road in Frederick County,” says Elena Russo, a spokeswoman for the Maryland State Police.''

''Artman is being held in Kent County Correctional Facility in Grand Rapids, Michigan. Russo says it’s unknown when Artman will be brought to Maryland to face charges in the Frederick County murder.
“It was very complicated, but luckily in this case, forensics played a crucial role in identifying a suspect in both of these murder cases, and possibly more,
”: says Russo.
By Kevin McManus

1703980144623.png

''‘I never felt guilty’: Long-haul trucker convicted in exceptionally violent cold case rape and murder of young mother of 2 dies in prison while awaiting another trial''​

COLIN KALMBACHERDec 30th, 2023
''The convictions were secured, in part, based on Artman’s own macabre writings about jealousy, frustration, and sexual violence.

“All the girls I wanted to have and couldn’t when I was growing up in high school, I can now get,” Artman, a long-haul truck driver, wrote in a letter to one of his brothers that he sent from prison.''

''At the time of the killer’s arrest, police said he was also linked by familial DNA to a case in Maryland. One month later, he was charged with the 2006 murder of Dusty Myriah Shuck, 24.''

Jan 3, 2024 article

[…]

Artman also faced murder charges in the 2006 slaying of Dusty Shuck, 24, in Maryland. Shuck was from Silver City, New Mexico. Her body was found near a truck stop along an interstate outside New Market, Maryland.

[…]

His DNA also matched DNA in Shuck’s slaying.

[…]

'During one interview on Dec. 13, 2023, on Artman’s birthday, he confessed to killing Shuck, the release said. He was receiving treatment at the Michigan prison at the time. Police said he died three days later.'

When talking to Maryland investigators before his death, Artman said he was responsible for “several more heinous crimes,” but provided little detail, according to Maryland State Police.''

''Because Artman had a transient lifestyle as a truck driver, police are looking for leads that could connect Artman to other unsolved cases, Thursday’s press release said.''

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cabinsleuth
Back